The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness

Emily blunt was the queen and Rupert friend was the prince consort and I just have to say that I absolutely love everything about the movie the costumes especially and how they made everything look so regal
Bravo Martin scorsese , Sarah ferguson and the director of the movie and in my opium it should have won more awards. The very first time I saw it I wanted to see it again but now I have my own copy :)

Old 08-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Gentry

This was rediculous, but when I saw the opening coronation scene I teared up a little. I couldn't help but think of that great woman and what her dynasty and empire would become in her lifetime and was overcome!

Old 08-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Royal Highness

Very nice movie. Especially great costume designs. Great visual movie. A great and wonderful love.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:02 AM
Courtier

I can't wait for two more films to chronicle her middle age and her twilight years.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's interesting how some films about royalty become huge, award-winning blockbusters (The King's Speech, The Queen) while others are DOA. (The Queen's Sister, Mrs. Brown, etc.). Is it just the execution, or are some royals just more intriguing than others?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel
It's interesting how some films about royalty become huge, award-winning blockbusters (The King's Speech, The Queen) while others are DOA. (The Queen's Sister, Mrs. Brown, etc.). Is it just the execution, or are some royals just more intriguing than others?
That's an interesting point and it is true that some royals capture the imagination more than others, but it can also be about the audience and other factors. There is a substantially larger audience that wants to see a movie about Diana's death (grim though it is) than one who are interested in the monarchs of times past.

I would love to see a movie about George V and Queen Mary but there are not many who would care about him as it has been well established that he was a simple man who shot game and collected stamps (there is no edge to them that you can sell to an audience like a stammer that needs curing or a strained relationship between a mother and daughter in law). They had their foibles but nothing huge or ground breaking happened to them worthy of a movie (maybe the questin of the Romanovs coming to England but that's about it).