The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-31-2009, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

It has just opened near us in NY. I am going to see it next weekend.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Aristocracy

I saw it on the plane to London. I get that's it's based on "The Young" Victoria but as always I would have loved to see more. I love Emily Blunt so I was so happy to see her taking on the role of Queen Victoria. I find Queen Victoria's life extremely interesting. I loved the costumes and the scenery. They did an excellent job with that. The movie was good. I was surprised to see that The Duchess of York was a producer, but then again she did write 'Tea For Ruby', the childrens book - so never mind. If you watch one of the interviews with Emily Blunt.. you will find her talking about her opportunity to actually look at Queen Victoria's old diaries. What I wouldn't give to be able to read those. Wow!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Beatrice of York

Here is a pic with Beatrice in the back round (see far right)

http://ferdyonfilms.com/The_Young_Vi...887_Medium.jpg

Old 02-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Serene Highness

Loved the film, I had NO idea that Princess Bea did a walk on part!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Serene Highness

I bought it on dvd last week before I went to Austria. I indeed noticed Beatrice immediately. She had quite a few seconds of screen time.
And oh wow, how I loved the movie. It was so beautiful. The connection between Emily and Rupert was spot on. They portrayed Victoria and Albert so brilliantly.

Really one of my favorite movies I've seen and the best I've watched in a long time.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

I love this film! I wish it got more attention in the US but I'm sure it is finding an audience all the same.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:14 AM
Nobility

I really loved this film. Emily Blunt did a wonderful job as Victoria. I bought it on DVD as soon as it was available so I could see it again.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Aristocracy

Comparison of Beatrice and Victoria.
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._2250691_n.jpg

Old 03-05-2010, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

It's remarkable how much Princess Beatrice looks like Victoria.

Old 05-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

I rented the DVD last night and I was very impressed with it. The really did a great job on the costumes and set designs. They really focused on the movie to be realistic. I'm a big fan of Emily Blunt too.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

This movie was okay to me. I like Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend, but I was waiting for the "wow" factor. It didn't sweep me off my feet. I thought the dialogue and sequence could have been better. The switching between scenes was annoying, they didn't get that right. When I saw Beatrice in it, I was astonished. Beatrice caused the movie not to have that "back-in-the-day" setting. It made the movie seem "bootleg". All in all, the film was okay and I wouldn't watch it again. I give it a C-. The costume design was as always, really good.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
This movie was okay to me. I like Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend, but I was waiting for the "wow" factor. It didn't sweep me off my feet. I thought the dialogue and sequence could have been better. The switching between scenes was annoying, they didn't get that right. When I saw Beatrice in it, I was astonished. Beatrice caused the movie not to have that "back-in-the-day" setting. It made the movie seem "bootleg". All in all, the film was okay and I wouldn't watch it again. I give it a C-. The costume design was as always, really good.

I must agree with you, It didn't get me at All. I don't feel like Emily Blunt captured the odd gentile HM Queen- Empress Victoria.

The only greatness is their Clothes, which were Remarkable! But i wouldn't watch it again, They didn't capture the real Victoria. I hope someone makes a Deep Victoria movie. Like Elizabeth R, with Glenda Jackson. I want to see her relationship with her children as well. And we all know how strange that was lol
Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

lol I Saw it but wasnt impressed, Victoria Hamilton did a much better job in 2001....
Old 06-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do you think he was portrayed accuratly in Victoria and Albert with Victoria Hamilton and Jonathan Firth
Old 06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Gentry

LOL! I was watching something about Prince Albert on Youtube and they called him "a real stud" because he gave England 9 princes and princesses.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Anyone know any good books about him?

YouTube - ‪Victoria & Albert 1 - Part 8‬‏

I love this part in "Victoria and Albert" in which they show the wedding.Albert turns around and looks at her and he looks amazed!

If only there were a lot of men like Albert today........
Old 06-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Edward the 7th/Edward the King more my cup of tea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan View Post
Do you think he was portrayed accuratly in Victoria and Albert with Victoria Hamilton and Jonathan Firth
I liked Edward the 7th better. But then Robert Hardy ( Albert ) is my favorite actor.
Not knowing Albert, it is hard to judge the accuracy of an actor's portrayal.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

Albert seemed to have portrayed a loving husband and caring father no wonder v fell in love with him and I just love the way Rupert friend played the prince consort in ' the young victoria'
Old 06-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Rupert and Jonathan Firth played great Albert's. Jonathan had more time to develop the role, but Rupert at least remembered that the character he was playing was German.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Im with you Xeina!I have a crush on him and I loved Firth as Albert.