"The Windsors: Inside the Royal Dynasty"

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just the wording of the tweet makes me wonder how realistic CNN is going to be with this upcoming original series. "Princess Diana", "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex"? Something tells me that the researchers didn't do a very good job on their homework or they'd at least get the titles right of the people they're covering.

Might be worth watching though just to see. Beats a lot of the inane programming that abounds these days. :D

Just the wording of the tweet makes me wonder how realistic CNN is going to be with this upcoming original series. "Princess Diana", "Meghan, Duchess of Sussex"? Something tells me that the researchers didn't do a very good job on their homework or they'd at least get the titles right of the people they're covering.

Might be worth watching though just to see. Beats a lot of the inane programming that abounds these days. :D

My thoughts too. CNN is not exactly an expert on royal topics. In fact, CNN USA’s quality in particular has been declining sharply for quite some time. That may be a CNN International program though.

Its CNN - if they identify photos correctly I will be amazed. any guesses what percentage of the documentary is about Meghan? 50 % maybe 75 %. I am guessing that more then 75% wil be about WIlliam, Harry, Diana, Kate and Meghan.

We get a lot of these "Inside the Royal Family" documentaries on British TV, generally on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5. They only say the same things we've all heard a million times before - it's not like they're going to have unearthed some great secret that's been kept hidden for 100 years! - but they're usually quite watchable. The last one claimed to have access to archived records that had never been mentioned on TV before, but all it was was a list of costs associated with the Queen and Prince Philip's wedding, showing that it cost £500 to hire the extra chairs for Westminster Abbey, which wasn't quite the thrilling revelation they'd made it sound like :) !

I love stuff on the Royals, so I’ll probably watch - well, DVR. I’m most interested in the earlier episodes about my favorite Royal, George VI, and also the ones about the Queen. I dread the Charles and Diana episodes, and I dread that Charles will be slammed, as he usually is. I expect the BRF will be blamed for Megxit, but I hope they won’t..

Last edited:
I saw the first episode -it's absolutely fantastic. It's a seriously done documentary that is fair and balanced to all. I really enjoyed it, but then aside from being fascinated by Royals, I love history.

I saw the first episode of this series. It starts with George V and how the house of Windsor got its name. It's going for the good, the bad and the ugly. CNN did a similar series on the Kennedys, America's "royalty" and CNN did not pull punches.

:previous: I think CNN is fantastic. It's true that they don't pull their punches, which i why i watch them. MSNBC is too far left, Fox is now an execrable joke of a news organization.

So that leaves CNN. Thanks for the heads up about the Royal series.;)

Back
Top Bottom