The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-25-2013, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

How many episodes does this series have?
I´ve seen the first one and I quite enjoyed it. The characters are idealized, but it´s a TV show, I did expect it beforehand (plus, the actor who plays rthe role of the king is great to look at ).
I haven´t read PG´s book and I´m not an expert on British History but according to the little I know and my research the series is quite accurate, which is great to see.
Maybe I´ll watch the second part today in the afternoon. I´m looking foward to see how the story develops from now on.
It´ll be interesting to see how they explain the Princes in the Tower´s story.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-25-2013, 07:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Ok I didn't enjoy the second episode as I found it went all over the place,I hope the 3rd episode is better or I may just stop watching altogether
I absolutely agree... there was a lot of 'explanatory waffle' in the script of episode 2. Like you i hope Episode 3 is better !

Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post

10 episodes I believe .
Old 06-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I´ve seen the first one and I quite enjoyed it. The characters are idealized, but it´s a TV show, I did expect it beforehand (plus, the actor who plays rthe role of the king is great to look at ).
I haven´t read PG´s book and I´m not an expert on British History but according to the little I know and my research the series is quite accurate, which is great to see.
Maybe I´ll watch the second part today in the afternoon. I´m looking foward to see how the story develops from now on.
It´ll be interesting to see how they explain the Princes in the Tower´s story.
10 episodes.
King Edward - Max Irons. Never even suspected that Jeremy Irons has such pretty son who is also an actor.

Book is great. I like it for mix of history and fairytale.
But in movie....all is too fast! too many sex scenes ( maybe it's not bad but looks somehow like in harry))). too many white trousers))) zipps and rails.)))))))))
I like love-line but royal and state line at this moment are too simple.....I dunno ...such feeling that I see Brayan Adams video clip Everything I do with the scenes from Robin Good))))
I expected something like Tudors.....but here I can't feel the thrill from my deeping into history dark secrets of dark ages.
All is too simple somehow. There is no heavy weight of time and power.
Maybe next episode will bring such feeling.

They've almost lost Melusina's line((( so I can't identify this work no like fairy tale neither period drama.....

Dunno.
I like Max Irons in the role of king and the lover....That's all)))))))))))
Old 06-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's a mistake to take this as a bit of history; it's loaded with anachronisms.

Still, so far I am finding it entertaining.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
It's a mistake to take this as a bit of history; it's loaded with anachronisms.

Still, so far I am finding it entertaining.
Yes..... I know that in historical movie always can be some uncorrect or unproved moments. It's not documental video chronicals from WWII .
But nonetheless I catchmyself on the thought that I want to see only love scenes)))) Scenes in court are dull)))))
Old 06-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
10 episodes I believe .
Thanks
That´s good. I´ll be entertained for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaVilgh View Post
10 episodes.
King Edward - Max Irons. Never even suspected that Jeremy Irons has such pretty son who is also an actor.
Oh, he´s Jeremy Irons´son! That explains a lot of things

Agree about your opinion about the plot being too simple. I hope that fact will improve during next episodes.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 06-25-2013, 12:44 PM
Gentry

Never knew Jeremy Irons had a son! I'm already seeing the first episode, wonder when the next one will come?
Old 06-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess Marie View Post
Never knew Jeremy Irons had a son! I'm already seeing the first episode, wonder when the next one will come?
We're on Episode 2 in the UK here as of Sunday 23rd June.

Quote:

Oh, he´s Jeremy Irons´son! That explains a lot of things
Quote:
10 episodes.

Just to let you guys know Jeremy Irons and Sinead Cusack have two sons, both actors, Max and Samuel.

Quote:
I expected something like Tudors.....but here I can't feel the thrill from my deeping into history dark secrets of dark ages.
All is too simple somehow. There is no heavy weight of time and power.
Maybe next episode will bring such feeling.

They've almost lost Melusina's line((( so I can't identify this work no like fairy tale neither period drama.....

This isn't a movie, it's a TV Series made from a book which is loosely based upon the real events, there was never going to be any accurate history/period drama feelings with this TV Series because it's based upon a piece of fiction. It's all fluff, BBC are doing their upmost to compete with Downton Abbey.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We're on Episode 2 in the UK here as of Sunday 23rd June.
You are so lucky! I need to wait for people to put episode 2 on YouTube so i can see it I read that it will officially start showing on the USA on August 10th .
Old 06-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
You are so lucky! I need to wait for people to put episode 2 on YouTube so i can see it I read that it will officially start showing on the USA on August 10th .
It will be broadcast on Starz starting the 10th August.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I do quite like the character of Jacquetta of Luxembourg,I've always found her a highly interesting historical lady.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I do quite like the character of Jacquetta of Luxembourg,I've always found her a highly interesting historical lady.
I absolutely love Jacquetta! She made me laugh when she talking to Edward's mother, Cecily. I adore Jacquetta's Leia's buns, her hairstyle was adorable.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I absolutely love Jacquetta! She made me laugh when she talking to Edward's mother, Cecily. I adore Jacquetta's Leia's buns, her hairstyle was adorable.
Yes that was funny,but I'm sure that in reality Jacquetta wouldn't have dared to cross paths with Cecily of York!

Its odd how the keep addressing her Duchess Cecily instead of 'my lady' as I'm sure she would have been addressed?
Old 06-26-2013, 02:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Yes that was funny,but I'm sure that in reality Jacquetta wouldn't have dared to cross paths with Cecily of York!

Its odd how the keep addressing her Duchess Cecily instead of 'my lady' as I'm sure she would have been addressed?
Guess she could.Cause Jaquetta was from Luxembourg Royal house with royal anchestor ( English Royal also).

She knew how to behave at the court, when keep her mouth silence and when to push and save the situation.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Gentry

I have yet to see the second episode, i'm hoping that by some miracle somebody puts it on youtube or something.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The 3rd episode was slightly better but still disappointing and again all over the place,hard to follow the Warwick/Clarence rebellion/meeting of Parliament ,peace and rebellion plots all in one episode.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Commoner

Anybody watching the white queen

Have to say is it ok but nothing special, it is going through the history very quickly and the magic element is stupid. War of the Roses portrayed fairly well but a little too brief
Old 07-04-2013, 08:18 AM
Commoner

Quote:
I have yet to see the second episode, i'm hoping that by some miracle somebody puts it on youtube or something.

It's already on youtube! 2 episodes ! maybe already they put 3rd
Old 07-04-2013, 08:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
The 3rd episode was slightly better but still disappointing and again all over the place,hard to follow the Warwick/Clarence rebellion/meeting of Parliament ,peace and rebellion plots all in one episode.
IMO creators made a big mistake including into 10-episodes movie whole 3 books. White Queen, Red Queen, and Kingmaker's Daughter. I've read WQ and RQ. and can hear whole dialogues from the books. But it seems there was not any screen text. Just some pieces from book's text. Yes all 3 books are about the same events. But could someone explain me how is possible to receive whole text from three different books about 3 absolutely different women???????