"The Taking of Prince Harry" (2010) - Channel 4 Drama Film

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wbenson

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
United States
Prince Harry film: latest drama featuring the Royal Family - Telegraph

Channel 4 is to show a ''dramatised documentary'' based on what would happen if Prince Harry were captured by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Prince Harry furious over C4's 'tasteless' kidnap drama - mirror.co.uk

Buckingham Palace said Prince Harry's response to the film was "private". But a source close to him said last night: "He was made aware of the film on Tuesday and you can imagine his reaction, he was furious. He is a professional soldier committed to fighting and there is no way he would let a stupid film deter him from that.

Dramatised Documentary? What should that be? It is obviously pure fiction without a hint of Documentary...

These days I'm not shocked at anything especially when you think about it for a while. Very distasteful.

It is but people these days don't seem to care. I don't think they considered the feelings of Prince Harry or the royal family when they made this documentary.

Just seen an advert for this show on the TV, and to me it seems like a "What If". This is Channel 4, but the people who made it seem to be genuinely asking the question "Is it too dangerous to send Harry back"?

It would be dangerous to send him back period, but now with this film coming out sending him back in the near future would not be a good idea but would create more danger to him.

I think that's the case, and I think the program is trying to say that.

Could be intressting to see that movie. I like what-if dramadocus. Supervolcano was really good. The movie about the assasination of George W Bush had its moments like the twist in the end, but wasnt really that good

...aw diddums............send the whole freakin lot of them over there and solve a lot of probs..........

...aw diddums............send the whole freakin lot of them over there and solve a lot of probs..........
Russo has a son who came back from there 2 years ago, the adopted son is currently there on a contract and the youngest will be deployed there next May. Does this meet with your wishes?

:whistling:

I don't have family members who are over there but I do know two women whose sons are over in that region. One is in Iraq and the other is in Afghanistan. I say a prayer every day for the safety of these women's families as well as the safety of others serving over there.

BBC News - Channel 4 defends Prince Harry kidnapping drama

Channel 4 has defended a dramatised documentary about the risk of Prince Harry being taken prisoner in Afghanistan after concerns from the head of the armed forces.

The station said The Taking of Prince Harry was "a serious journalistic examination of a current issue".

I've been watching the documentary for 20 minutes and there are some serious inaccuracy's.
What they seem to be doing is talking about past captures and executions, and placing "Harry" in similar situations.
However seeing as Britain has a policy on not paying ransoms for soldiers, it does look at Harry as a normal soldier, and how paying for him would affect the other soldiers.

If Prince Harry was really taken, do you think it is right that the government pay the ransom that is asked?

Back
Top Bottom