"The Prince And Me" (2004) - Film 'about' Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, he's marrying the same girl, she's just being played by another actress, not what's-her-name, Julia something...

JessRulz said:
no, he's marrying the same girl, she's just being played by another actress, not what's-her-name, Julia something...

I know, it was kind of a joke that's why I put the :D :D :D
;)

Oh ok crisinaki! sorry about that...just a not-paying-attention moment! :D

Princejohnny25 said:
Um.....I know we all have different opinions but this movie SUCKED. It was painfully long and dull. No magic or anything. Pretty stupid movie in my opinion.

oh man i TOTALLY agree!the acting sucked too

The movie was pretty lame. Nothing compared to the real romance between Mary and Fredrick.

KatieLouise said:
I haven't seen this movie but is it true that there's a line which suggests that Danes speak Flemish? :confused:
No silly! Danes speak English, and with a British accent!;)

I liked the first one :) , it was very chick flick-y though. I rented the second one last week and it was horrible! All of the characters were changed except for the prince and it was just weird. I stopped watching it about half way through though because none of the characters clicked so I dont know how it ends. Actually i had heard that the only reason the prince guy cam back was because he was under contract or something....

I agree that the first one was a totally chick film which i enjoyed watching.
I'll be interested to see the second one...

Alelysafina, you saw the second one - can you tell me the title of the second film?

thks!

I wasn't aware that there was a second movie out. Anyway, the first one was enough for me I think the real-life love story between M&F is more entertaining.

Stellad

The only thing to me that can relate to Frederik and Mary is the fact that it's about an average girl marrying a prince, and that it's set in Denmark. The way they meet, the things they go through, the people, are completely different.

I saw the first movie. It is ok not as bad as most of the people say, my bf would probably agree that the movie sucked. Btf can anyone tell me the title of the second movie...or is it the Prince and Me two? ;P

this movie is not bad at all I think...

it's really different from Frederik live..

Has anyone seen The Prince and Me 2? I saw it at the store and watched the trailer online. It looks really stupid, trying to copy the Princess Diaries 2 (which wasn't that great) only more ridiculous.

Princejohnny25 said:
Um.....I know we all have different opinions but this movie SUCKED. It was painfully long and dull. No magic or anything. Pretty stupid movie in my opinion.
hear, hear!

i almost cried while watching this movie! i wanted to leave the theater but can't since I was accompanying my nieces. it sucked BIG TIME. everything was soo predictable and cliched, and the dialogue was pure torture to me...and it wasn't even funny! :( at least the princess diaries had me laughing a number of tiimes.

im sorry to anybody offended but really, i just hated that movie. and now there's a sequel?! oh well.

what the story tell in 2nd movie?

any body knows?

there's a second movie? i hope not. the first was cute and bearable but i think the second would just bomb. i IMDBed Julia and so far she's only working on The Omen.

Prince & Me 2

I've the dvd of the Prince and Me 2 and has :mad:. I can't believe the bored that I've when I saw, first I prefer the actuation of Julia Stales for the first movie, but in the 2nd the actress was :eek:, the drama or theme is ridiculous, a constitution that tell he has to marry with a royalty person.

The 2nd movie has not sence and not romantic is more talk, talk and talk, resume is :mad: not buy or rent.

If their movie is referent to the history for Mary & Frederik why change so long?

I Rented part 2 a bit silly I Must say I Kept Laughing at all the mistakes!! :)

so what is the story tell? is it connected with the first movie?

The second film is called The Prince & Me 2: The Royal Wedding (which is a pointless title since the prince became the king in the first film). The main character, Paige, is finishing medical school in Copenhagen, and the prince, who is now King, is preparing to marry Paige. One of the royal family's distant cousins - a prince from Norway - brings up some old law that says a Danish king must marry a Scandinavian princess or abdicate the throne. Since Paige is neither, the royal family decides to keep this a secret until they can get the old law revoked. The Norwegian prince brings his daughter to the palace and uses her to get the prince/king to dump Paige so that his daughter marries the prince/king. It is really nothing more than a remake of The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, as the plot is pretty much the same: royal needs to ascend the throne, but can't because some old, antiquated law regarding marriage forces the royal to choose between love and duty.

ok... i just watched the 2nd movie. it's ok for easy going movie.. the one we don't have to think much about. the first one is much better. the 2nd one is a bit over the top. and the think i cannot get off and made me laugh so hard, is they use the term "Crown Queen Paige"...
hmm... who would ever use a term like that? it's simply a queen-to-be isn't it? :D :D
Queen Silvia was just Ms. Silvia Sommerlath isn't she before she married King Carl Gustav? :confused:

purple_platinum said:
ok... i just watched the 2nd movie. it's ok for easy going movie.. the one we don't have to think much about. the first one is much better. the 2nd one is a bit over the top. and the think i cannot get off and made me laugh so hard, is they use the term "Crown Queen Paige"...
hmm... who would ever use a term like that? it's simply a queen-to-be isn't it? :D :D
Queen Silvia was just Ms. Silvia Sommerlath isn't she before she married King Carl Gustav? :confused:

haha and isn't it still supposed to be "crown princess paige"?

enchantednights said:
haha and isn't it still supposed to be "crown princess paige"?
i know..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: and if they want to make it right, it should just be Miss Paige. they aren't married yet, so she's not a princess or a queen..
i realised it's a chick & fairytale movie, but couldn't they've done their research? haha... :D :D

Last edited:
I downloaded the movie and agree that it's a those sort of moive that you watch when you're absolutely bored with nothing and i mean nothing to do....
it's horried how they got everything wrong..... the first one was much better.

The girl who plays the role of the Crown Princess of Denmark looks like a kid! Crown Princess Mary is a beautiful grown woman--a Swan. I would never see this film. There are probably lots of mistakes, none the least of which is Prince Frederick's uniform! No, the royal couple of Denmark is way beautiful and the photos of the actors trying to portray the royal couple make me wince.
Royal Lover.

The reviews for the sequel from Amazon.com were enough to let me know I didn't want to see it. However, if I was ever in doubt you goes have definitely made up my mind for me. I'll pass on this one.

I watch this movie and I thought the actor who played the Prince is really cute whenever I watch this movie i always imagine myself falling in love with a Prince but in reality I wouldn't really want to be a Princess I mean sure you have all the luxuries, fame, and the money that goes with it but I find it very hard and lonely it's exactly like being a movie star no privacy at all.

Oh I just happened to catch this movie today and I swear you could not pay me a million pounds to watch a second of it again.

I have NEVER watched such rubbish, I actually felt sorry for the actors in it.

After hearing all these bad reviews; I decided to see the movie because I'm a sucker for cheesy chick-flicky films and usually find films tolerable that most other people can't. So I rented the movie and twenty minutes in, I turned it off and returned it to the video store. If I say this movie is bad, trust me, it's BAD!

There's this one scene where Paige walks into a room filled with blue butterflies, which are painfully, fakely digitally added....badly.

Just letting you know, don't waste your time, energy or money! Don't be dumb like me! :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom