The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-14-2002, 05:37 PM
Majesty

"The Prince And Me" 2004 - A Film about Frederik

A movie about a European prince…
What do you think?

Quote:

The Prince and the Freshman

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - Julia Stiles will star in the romantic comedy "The Prince and the Freshman," while Susan Saranson is in talks to join the cast.

Stiles will play a student at a Midwestern university who has the dubious fortune to fall in love with a European prince who is spending the semester incognito. Sarandon, last in theaters with "Moonlight Mile," would play the prince's mother. Stiles was last seen in "The Bourne Identity."

Martha Coolidge ("Out To Sea") will direct the Paramount/Lions Gate co-production from a script by Katherine Fugate ("Carolina"). Filming will begin in March.

Prince" chronicles the romance between a British prince, Frederick, and a small-town American girl, Paige. The duo meet at the Indiana university to which the feisty, motorcycle-driving Paige received a scholarship and where the prince spends his "gap" year fulfilling his dream of living in the real world by posing as a regular student. Their love is challenged when it is publicly exposed, and the queen of England must take drastic measures.

Katherine Fugate wrote the original draft of the script, which is being written by Jack Amiel and Michael Beglar. Fugate most recently worked with Stiles on the upcoming Miramax feature "Carolina," which Fugate wrote and Stiles stars in.

Sobini's Mark Amin is producing "Prince," with the company's Robin Schorr executive producing. "Prince" is expected to be Sobini's inaugural feature. The idea was originally developed by Sobini internally before being set up at Paramount. Lions Gate will take international rights to the film.

Stiles is repped by CAA and Handprint Entertainment. The actress, shooting Revolution Studios' "Mona Lisa Smile," next stars in MGM's "A Guy Thing."

Old 01-08-2004, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

In regards to the movie starring Julia Stiles--'The Prince and Me', you can view the trailer here. I think the prince's name is Edward, but I do know that he is a prince of Denmark. No word of when this film is to be released...

Pigeonhole THIS.com
Old 01-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Courtier

The Prince And Me - A Movie About Frederik

Here's the official site for the new movie that is extremely loosely based on Crown Prince Frederik. It sound kind of interesting. The guy who plays Frederik is better looking than Frederik in my opinion, but Mary is better looking then the girl he ends up with, in my opinion.

Why can't they ever have any movies about girls who become princesses who just accept it and act like they enjoy it? Why do they all have to act like it's horrible and all try to be rebellious about it? I did not like The Princess Diaries.

http://www.princeandme.com/
Old 01-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
"Why can't they ever have any movies about girls who become princesses who just accept it and act like they enjoy it? Why do they all have to act like it's horrible and all try to be rebellious about it? I did not like The Princess Diaries."

Conflict must be involved and the more conflict the better of a movie. Not only must there be conflict that comes with falling in love, but she can't just accept it. Becoming a princess is very hard work. Nobody would accept it without a lot of heavy thinking.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Majesty

so who is the regent in denmark in this movie the queen?
Old 01-12-2004, 01:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 12th, 2004 - 10:27 am
Conflict must be involved and the more conflict the better of a movie. Not only must there be conflict that comes with falling in love, but she can't just accept it. Becoming a princess is very hard work. Nobody would accept it without a lot of heavy thinking.
I wasn't talking about the heavy thinking part. They should indeed think about these things before they dive into them. I'm referring to the lack of common sense. Like in The Princess Diaries. Any girl with some common sense would know some basic rules of ettiquette.

I watched the trailer for this upcoming movie about Frederik (Eddie). The girl is at a formal dinner and asks about Pringles potato chips?! Even if she doesn't know exactly how to act she should study up on it, watch others around her, talk of general subjects and be quiet if she doesn't know what to say. If one is in a formal setting try to be a lady and act like you know what you're doing. Bring your manners to the front and attempt to act like those around you or better. And last of all is a question we all would like to ask this prince and real life princes as well. "Why can't you pick a girl who doesn't mind being royal and will do her best to act like one?"

OK. I think I'm done venting. Dennism, this is no reflection about your post. I'm just talking out my feelings on this subject. Anyone else have an opinion?

Josephine, the people on Royal Blue were basically wondering the same thing. Is it the queen or "king" that is ruling in this film? I'd like to know that as well.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Majesty

why do they say its based on frederik, just because he in the movie is crown prince of Denmark
Old 01-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Majesty

this site talks about prince of england
Old 01-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Majesty

------
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	35282  
Old 01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Majesty

------
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	72
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	35283  
Old 01-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Majesty

--------
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	83
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	35284  
Old 01-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Majesty

You're right, Samitude. I was being too simple about it all. You make some good points.

"A British prince named Frederick"

Oops. Guess the site made a mistake there.

"The girl is at a formal dinner and asks about Pringles potato chips?"

This is pretty dumb.

" "Why can't you pick a girl who doesn't mind being royal and will do her best to act like one?"

I understand. Why not? There are plenty of women here who wouldn't mind being a princess.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Majesty

A Danish Prince quoting Shakespeare? Good grief. How sappy is that? I guess it was too much asking for people who actually sounded Danish! I mean they could have had two more English parents than these two. Too much. Too phony. But I'll still go to see it. Julia is in it. I love how they use the Danish flag as a background though.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Josefine@Jan 12th, 2004 - 2:14 pm
------
That is NOT a Danish soldier uniform.

Old 01-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Majesty

It isn't. I thought so. It looked rather English. I wasn't sure. Too much. More mistakes.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism@Jan 12th, 2004 - 3:13 pm
It isn't. I thought so. It looked rather English. I wasn't sure. Too much. More mistakes.
I am in the nationalguard so i know that is not a danish soldier uniform. Not even a galla uniform her in denmark.
I don´t know if it is a English galla uniform but i can remember that i haf seen CP in a uniform like that one.

Old 01-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Majesty

I should have said "I have no idea" instead of "I wasn't sure". Right. Gotcha.
Old 01-12-2004, 04:04 PM
Gentry

The story section of the the official movie website does refer to the character as the Crown Prince of Denmark
Old 01-12-2004, 04:08 PM
Majesty

Yes, but that movie site said the British Prince and then the English Queen. Bad site.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

Yes. Fake Danish prince played by a British actor (both parents are British actors as well). His name is Edvard in the film, though I have seen reviews of early screenings in which his name is Frederik. I wonder if someone made them change it? It is easy to replace "Freddie" with "Eddie" in a voiceover... :flower: