The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
I had almost the same exact thought when I heard about the sequel. I wonder if the movie would have been better if they had brought back the original cast (all of them, not just Luke).
I think if the whole original cast was the same; I might have stomached the movie easier. Maybe if the original cast came back they would have protested to change the script.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

Just saw the movie and all I can say is...Yikes!!! I really cannot add to the horror of the script, comedy or not. I know they must have had a small budget, but couldn't they have splurged on better costumes for the wedding? The queens outfit didn't even match and I've seen better fake rhinestone jewelry at the dollar store. They must have spent the whole prop budget on renting the BMW.

Old 07-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
So I finally saw this movie last night. I was hanging out with a friend & we rented that plus the 1st one (which I have & I like). It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be....but its something I probably will never watch again, unless its a lazy Sun. afternoon & nothing else is on the tv other than this movie. The title they gave to Paige....Crown Queen (ugh). It looked like (as others have said) Luke (who played the Prince) really didn't want to be there & its also like he tried to avoid almost all scenes.

Old 07-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
The title they gave to Paige....Crown Queen (ugh).
It makes you cringe, doesn't it? It's very offensive to all of us who know better. Lol!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Moderator Emeritus

It did make me cringe...but they kept switching between calling her Miss Paige & Crown Queen. If you going to use a "title" pick one & stick with it. I just don't get the Crown Queen title....she was a commoner (as they point out in the movie) but she has a title, before she is married? :bash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
It makes you cringe, doesn't it? It's very offensive to all of us who know better. Lol!

Old 07-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Gentry

I enjoyed the original movie. I just saw the sequel this week; it left much to be desired. The funny thing about the main character - "Edward" - is that he resembles Joachim rather than Fred.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Really? I was thinking more of Prince William....especially in the 2nd movie. Maybe it was the British accent & the blonde hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikaB
I enjoyed the original movie. I just saw the sequel this week; it left much to be desired. The funny thing about the main character - "Edward" - is that he resembles Joachim rather than Fred.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:01 PM
Courtier

My eyes could be deceiving me but my hearing seems to be okay and it sure looked/sounded like Julia Stiles doing a bit of cameo role in the 2nd movie - during the press conference, a lady news reporter asks the couple a question. It actually looked like they photoshopped Julia Stiles in the movie.

Anyway, can someone confirm this? And yes, as for sequels, it is definitely in the amusing category.

-Ayvee
Old 08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Really? I was thinking more of Prince William....
Since the movie is about a Danish Prince, I was thinking that if you have to pick between the two danish princes, Fred and Joachim, the lead character resembles Joachim more than Fred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee
My eyes could be deceiving me but my hearing seems to be okay and it sure looked/sounded like Julia Stiles doing a bit of cameo role in the 2nd movie
Since I haven't returned the video, I checked the scene that you mentioned and can understand why you would think it is Julia Stiles. I reviewed it three times and can say with certainty that it is not Julia Stiles.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I bought the movie on dvd. I just had to have it. If I'm ever down and out I know that I can pop this into my dvd player and have some good laughs.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

i watch movie also about the Prince and me 2 the royal wedding you ever see that movie before? but that i watch that movie about girl her name is Kam Heskin who plays Queen Crown Princess and its really hard explain for that and she gone medical school to study and their fiance know that girl wanted marry that Prince but in movie its really serious and talking about taboilds!
Old 08-09-2006, 07:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
Here's the official site for the new movie that is extremely loosely based on Crown Prince Frederik. It sound kind of interesting. The guy who plays Frederik is better looking than Frederik in my opinion, but Mary is better looking then the girl he ends up with, in my opinion.

Why can't they ever have any movies about girls who become princesses who just accept it and act like they enjoy it? Why do they all have to act like it's horrible and all try to be rebellious about it? I did not like The Princess Diaries.

http://www.princeandme.com/
Yes,I have watched this movie and to my opinion I would say that this is a very lovely movie which is based around the love story between HRH Crown Prince Frederick and HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.Yes,the guy who plays Frederick is much more handsome than HRH and HRH Crown Princess Mary is much more beautiful than the girl in the movie.It is worth watching the movie for royal fans.
Old 10-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Aristocracy

I love The Prince and Me but the sequel looks horrible, so I probably won't ever see it - or maybe I will, just for Luke Mably.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

I rented the sequel just to see how bad it'd be. Yeah, it was bad beyond my expectation. What the heck is a 3rd Prince? You'd think a royal bedroom would have some more sufficient furniture. And given that Paige is a med school student, she'd be smarter than to call the queen a green donkey.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:36 AM
Nobility

the scene that i liked from the first movie... was when prince eddie brought her up to her horse while ... arriving for the state opening of parliment. Random, but very romantic
Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Moderator Emeritus

For those of you who get the ABC Family channel they will be showing both movies this month. I know the 2nd one is going to be shown on April 22. Not sure when the 1st one will be shown...I missed the date.
ETA: The 1st movie- with Julia Stiles will be shown at 5:30pm EST on April 22. The 2nd movie will be shown at 8pm EST on April 22

Old 04-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks Lady Jennifer. Here's a link for anyone interested in the movie: :: ABC Family :: The Prince & Me: The Royal Wedding

It also shows footage of the original movie as well. If you have never seen the sequel you are in for a...uh...treat!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I keep seeing the ads for "The Prince and Me: the Royal Wedding," and I'm not certain that they could have found a faker-looking tiara for her in the wedding scene! Even Maxima's Diamond Festoon tiara is better!

Old 04-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

This movie is hysterically cheesy. Watch it if you want a good laugh.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
This movie is hysterically cheesy. Watch it if you want a good laugh.
My sentiments exactly! I thought perhaps I was the only one who actually saw the humor in this movie. I love to see Luke reading his lines in the scene outside of the library. This movie tanks but I love it!