The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2006, 03:23 AM
Aristocracy

i watched both movies with my wife , even though she thought it was ok nothing to good, i must agree that it sucked, both movies, why do they make movies so stupid and i am sure that CP Freddie is nothing like this guy and Mary is an Aussie not American.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Nobility

^ I did not know they made a second film, what made them do that!?

Old 04-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Aristocracy

they had to continue where they left off, will she marry him or not since he came back and said he wait for her??? and that he loved her...
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Aristocracy

Accuracy aside, I really enjoyed the first movie for what it is - a feel-good, fantasy-based romantic comedy. It's a chick flick and not to be taken seriously, in my opinion. If someone derives an understanding of the Danish monarchy based on a movie like this, I sincerely feel sorry for their lack of knowledge and ability to go out and do some real research.

The second one, however, looks horrible even as a chick flick, and I don't want to see it at all...except for the minor fact that Luke Mably, who plays the prince, is some nice eye candy.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
The reviews for the sequel from Amazon.com were enough to let me know I didn't want to see it. However, if I was ever in doubt you goes have definitely made up my mind for me. I'll pass on this one.
OMG!!! Okay I went against my own rule and watched it anyway. I wanted to see what everyone was complaining about. Boy, this movie sucked so bad that it was actually a good "bad" movie. Okay, what I mean is that it was so hilarious watching Luke Mably read his lines outside of the Law Library. I'm just cracking up thinking about it. Oh, and the classic that you've all pointed out, "Crown Queen Paige".

This movie was a bonafide comedy (of errors)! The genre of this film can't really be romance.

If you enjoyed or hated The Prince and Me, don't take solace in the sequel. But if you want a rollicking good laugh then definitely rent the dvd.:p
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
OMG!!! Okay I went against my own rule and watched it anyway. I wanted to see what everyone was complaining about. Boy, this movie sucked so bad that it was actually a good "bad" movie. Okay, what I mean is that it was so hilarious watching Luke Mably read his lines outside of the Law Library. I'm just cracking up thinking about it. Oh, and the classic that you've all pointed out, "Crown Queen Paige".

This movie was a bonafide comedy (of errors)! The genre of this film can't really be romance.

If you enjoyed or hated The Prince and Me, don't take solace in the sequel. But if you want a rollicking good laugh then definitely rent the dvd.:p
I just saw it on DVD as well and it is very funny. I have a lot of respect for the crown princely couple but i sort of like the paige/eddy relationship (it was funny and cute:p ).
Do you think that any woman who marries a crown prince would have to change her name from Jessica, Britney, Courtney, Paige, Lisa, Kerri, Lindsay, Hayley to something a bit more along the lines of Felicity, Mary, Elizabeth?
Old 06-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu
Do you think that any woman who marries a crown prince would have to change her name from Jessica, Britney, Courtney, Paige, Lisa, Kerri, Lindsay, Hayley to something a bit more along the lines of Felicity, Mary, Elizabeth?
No, I don't think so. If they change their name, it would not mean anything at all. but Lisa is a nice name for a Princess
Old 06-03-2006, 07:45 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Can I ask, did anyone download the sequel via LimeWire? Because I've been trying to find it, and it hasn't come up, so if anyone has, could you please tell me what you searched for? I'd love to see if it is as good as you all say it is !
Old 06-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz
Can I ask, did anyone download the sequel via LimeWire? Because I've been trying to find it, and it hasn't come up, so if anyone has, could you please tell me what you searched for? I'd love to see if it is as good as you all say it is !
There was a sequel? I didn't know about that. Must have been one of those straight to dvd/vhs releases. I have the first movie....I'm a fan of Julia Stiles & even though there were many errors in the movie, it was kind of cute...just like with The Princess Diaries...cute movie.

Old 06-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
There was a sequel? I didn't know about that. Must have been one of those straight to dvd/vhs releases. I have the first movie....I'm a fan of Julia Stiles & even though there were many errors in the movie, it was kind of cute...just like with The Princess Diaries...cute movie.
Trust me, the second one was so horrible it's not even worth downloading or renting, and definitely not buying! Just enjoy the first for what it is and leave it at that. :p :o
Old 06-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Gentry

I agree I have seen the 2nd film, its just too predictable and without Julia Stiles, there wasnt any hope for it to begin with.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Courtier

I think Julia Stiles made a wise choice not to be in the sequel. They should have just stuck with the first one if you ask me.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybags
I think Julia Stiles made a wise choice not to be in the sequel. They should have just stuck with the first one if you ask me.
I read on the IMDB website for the movie that Luke Mably had to film this movie. It was part of his contract

Old 06-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah, it shows. Luke obviously didn't study the entire script either since he was reading his lines right there on camera! I absolutely love this movie because it is so terrible. It really sucks and I laughed through the whole thing.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:56 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Oh.My.God. I finally got the sequel from my friend's dad, and it is one of the most horribly thought out movies ever!! The whole time Luke Malby looked like he had better places to be (which he probably did), and the actress who played Paige, Kim something-or-other, looked like she was thrilled to be in a real movie. Don't know whether I would call it a real movie, but anyways. And the butterfly sceen, oh the butterfly scene! What were they drinking to think they would look good? Honestly, there are no words to describe how tacky that scene was! And talk about mistakes! Who, or what, is a Crown Queen? What made them think that before Paige was married to the prince guy she was entitled to a title? And one thats sounds, and is, completely ridiculous!! I just hope that none of the current CPs watch this movie, they might get jealous that they weren't made a 'Crown Queen' before their marriage ! And that wedding!! Clarify this for me, but was that wedding not for the King of Denmark? Shouldn't it have been more pomp and circumstance? Filled with royal guests, Danish dignitaries, or just even PEOPLE? That had to have been the smallest royal weddings I have ever seen! And the people outside the church was even more pitiful then inside! There was what, two dozen people standing on the street, meekly waving Danish flags. And what was about the sudden change of heart of the prince's mother? In the last movie she hated Paige, now she loves her! But that's just another thing on the long list of things wrong with the movie.
Would it be wrong of me to say that my favourite character was Princess Kirsten? She was the only one in the whole movie who could act, and she was the only vaguely interesting character. Her wardrobe was the only good one as well. And I loved it when, dressed in her bridal attire she realised that the carriage was leaving without her and she had been locked in her room, she decided to jump out the window as to get to the church!!
EDIT = Oh, I forgot to add that my other fav character was Soren!!! He is so funny! The things he says are incredible! One of the small number of good things in the movie!
Anyway, the movie isn't really much more then what it is meant to be: a sequel to a cheesy romantic chick-flick with a C-grade cast.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Royal Highness

Am I the only one that saw this movie as a comedy? Come on you guys! Didn't you just love the humor in it all? Yes, it sucked but didn't that just make you ball over with laughter? This movie ranks tops along with the old karate voice over films when the actors lips stopped moving but dialogue kept going. Let go, let flow. Loosen up a little! :p
Old 06-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I do want to see it...just to see how cheesy it is, but I'm embarrased to walk into the local Blockbuster to search for it.
I wonder if it will be on HBO or ABC Family sometime soon.

Quote:
Am I the only one that saw this movie as a comedy? Come on you guys! Didn't you just love the humor in it all? Yes, it sucked but didn't that just make you ball over with laughter? This movie ranks tops along with the old karate voice over films when the actors lips stopped moving but dialogue kept going. Let go, let flow. Loosen up a little! :p

Old 06-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Gentry

What? "The Prince and Me" without Julia Stiles??

No way.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Okay...because you guys talked about the sequel so much...I finally rented it from Netflix. And you were right...it was bloody awful!

I can't believe it was so bad...the inaccuracies were unbelieveable. Queen Consort...the lack of people at the ceremony...the sudden arrival of her parents at the ceremony (I know about the Concorde..but her folks were coming from Wisconsin and not NYC) and finally the attitude of the Norwegian prince (no disprect intended to the NRF) who was a distant cousin all of sudden talking about Danish law...why didn't they tell him to mind his business! No wonder it went straight to video :)
Old 07-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritka
What? "The Prince and Me" without Julia Stiles??

No way.
I had almost the same exact thought when I heard about the sequel. I wonder if the movie would have been better if they had brought back the original cast (all of them, not just Luke).