The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

I adore this movie. Julia Stiles looks beautiful in it, however I don't see how it is about Frederik at all.

Old 11-03-2004, 04:21 PM
Majesty

http://www.imdb.com

Trivia for
The Prince & Me

During a break from rehearsals in Toronto, Luke Mably (Eddie) and 'Ben Miller' (Eddie's valet, Soren) went out while in character to the Four Seasons and convinced everyone that Mably was the Prince of Denmark. They were demanding tea and cake and had six waiters around them, bowing.

Old 11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Courtier

I wasn't a big fan of "The Prince and Me" there were just too many inconsistancies. I'm sure for those who don't follow Royals, or only follow that of the Brithish Royal House they would be okay with this movie, but it was just too...wrong for me. (Did anyone else have that problem?)
Old 11-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Commoner

I remember seeing this with a friend, just before the CPwedding.
We laughed during the entire movie, because it was so ridiculous. I mean they only made a couple of shots in Denmark, and everything was going way too fast. A future princess would have spend more time in DK, before deciding if this was what she really wanted (example: CP Mary, can't remember what happened with P Alexandra, it was all very secret, I think).

....anyway, we had a great laugh and joked about Americans not knowing much about DK (sorry already....some of you obviously do)
Old 11-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
I wasn't talking about the heavy thinking part. They should indeed think about these things before they dive into them. I'm referring to the lack of common sense. Like in The Princess Diaries. Any girl with some common sense would know some basic rules of ettiquette.

I watched the trailer for this upcoming movie about Frederik (Eddie). The girl is at a formal dinner and asks about Pringles potato chips?! Even if she doesn't know exactly how to act she should study up on it, watch others around her, talk of general subjects and be quiet if she doesn't know what to say. If one is in a formal setting try to be a lady and act like you know what you're doing. Bring your manners to the front and attempt to act like those around you or better. And last of all is a question we all would like to ask this prince and real life princes as well. "Why can't you pick a girl who doesn't mind being royal and will do her best to act like one?"

OK. I think I'm done venting. Dennism, this is no reflection about your post. I'm just talking out my feelings on this subject. Anyone else have an opinion?

Josephine, the people on Royal Blue were basically wondering the same thing. Is it the queen or "king" that is ruling in this film? I'd like to know that as well.
Well, I do not think some men I have encountered previously with good credentials (some British aristcrats included) like rebellious women that much. They are pretty much tired out from the work already, why do they need added burden in their mental state? It seems they prefer someone more agreeable, not much hussle. Afterall, they have so many girls to chose from, they do not seem to bother with someone who goes against their realm.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Courtier

I would not highly reccomend it-meaning I wouldn't suggest you go out of your way to see it. It's an okay movie if you are able to look passed the various Royal ideas they make that are totally wrong...There were so many things though that just got in my way of enjoying the movie, making it hard for me to reccomend the movie to anyone who really knows anything about Royalty and protocol, etc.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Majesty

i have read now that it was a king ruling denmark in the movie
Old 04-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Courtier

I saw the movie...I liked it.
Old 04-20-2005, 12:44 AM
Courtier

i have to bump this thread.
i think the movie is absolutely horrible. can't stand it. (i only have to endure it because my niece was watching. i could cry buckets if i have to watch it again though..)
acting's bad, storyline's very predictable, boring, and nothing i've never heard before, it's not even funny and the characters have incredible moments of stupidity.
ugh.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:59 AM
Commoner

And the ending sucked. I wanted a royal wedding after all that buildup. Plus, the "fancy" dresses she wore were ugly.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:56 AM
Nobility

Picky Picky Picky aren't we? LOL, it's a movie...entertainment, might actually find it nice if you didn't overanalyze it so much...LOL...tho I haven't seen the movie so I should talk right? LOL

-Eliza
Old 04-20-2005, 03:49 AM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by defalco
And the ending sucked. I wanted a royal wedding after all that buildup. Plus, the "fancy" dresses she wore were ugly.
True, the ending sort of sucked, but the rest of the movie was nice.
I like Julia Stiles in almost every movie...:)
Old 04-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Majesty

I liked the movie as a piece of fiction but I didn't relate to any real events at all.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
"The girl is at a formal dinner and asks about Pringles potato chips?"

This is pretty dumb.
i saw the movie recently and it's...that's taken out of context. the dinner was with an...african head of state, I believe. i can't remember exactly but the guy likes pringles and since she didn't know what else to talk about, or something like that, she asked about pringles.

this movie sucked. i just...ugh...couldn't stand it. since when do young girls wear tiaras, sashes, and...uhhh...military uniforms?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Aristocracy

Ugh, I couldn't stand that movie! I mean, it was just this stereotypical ''Amazing Modern Fresh America vs. Boring Stiff Royal Europeans''.

Yeah, and and a Prince would totally interrupt a parade in order to pick up his girlfriend.

Oh, and did you know that the Danish monarchy has political influence? Yeah, because Scandinavians are so backwards!
Old 07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

After the coronation, when does the new Danish king give a speech in English?!
And yes, the tiaras were really tacky looking. I know they might not have been able to get real diamonds, but at least get a more elegant design.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

can i ask why do people know it's frederiks story? i doubt he explained the story to any filmographer to make a story about him.

how do you know its his story? was it said in any official or liable source?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
can i ask why do people know it's frederiks story? i doubt he explained the story to any filmographer to make a story about him.

how do you know its his story? was it said in any official or liable source?
The only reason for the story to be connected with Frederik is that the prince in the movie is prince of Denmark. Other than that, very few things are right
For example, in the movie there´s a ruling king...and the people in the film are much younger than F & M.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
The only reason for the story to be connected with Frederik is that the prince in the movie is prince of Denmark. Other than that, very few things are right
For example, in the movie there´s a ruling king...and the people in the film are much younger than F & M.
Also, Frederik studied in the States for a while... and is very fond of fast cars.

But really not many similarities...
Old 07-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Gentry

Saw the movie some few months ago, and I didn't really like it. I hardly think it was based on Prince Frederick. The producers/writers probably just thought of using Denmark as the setting because for those who don't really follow royalty (like we do ;-) ), they may not even know it's a constitutional monarchy, let alone know the names of the royal family.