"The Other Boleyn Girl" (2008) - Film on Anne and Mary Boleyn

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just watched the movie "The other Boleyn Girl" and thought that it was very good. I especially love the scene between Queen Catherine and Anne Boleyn, where the Queen is about to face trial for her marriage to King Henry VIII to be annulled. Her lines were should I say wow!!! Of all Henry's wives I love Catherine the most but Anne's daughter Elizabeth ruled England for 40+ years. Even Jane Seymour's son didn't last long enough to serve his country.

I just watched the movie "The other Boleyn Girl" and thought that it was very good. I especially love the scene between Queen Catherine and Anne Boleyn, where the Queen is about to face trial for her marriage to King Henry VIII to be annulled. Her lines were should I say wow!!! Of all Henry's wives I love Catherine the most but Anne's daughter Elizabeth ruled England for 40+ years. Even Jane Seymour's son didn't last long enough to serve his country.

The movie was ok IMO its facts were all off, time lines blured beyond normal movies. It states as fact that Mary's son was Henry's. Although I thought History to show that Mary gave birth to a daughter first and a son second. I may be wrong about that and the age of Elizabeth at Anne's death was off. Alot of things did not add up but that is why I try not to veiw to many of these movies... it is horrible to me when the facts are all mixed up..but at last I have a bad addictions to them ....lol:flowers:

I found Scarlet Johansen so anoying in that movie, I couldn't sit through it. Which is a pity, as I enjoyed the books.

I just saw the film. No, it is not historically accurate. I have not read the books, but from an entertainment standpoint, it is an enjoyable film. The costumes are very beautiful.

I just saw the film. No, it is not historically accurate. I have not read the books, but from an entertainment standpoint, it is an enjoyable film. The costumes are very beautiful.
The costumes are always very beautiful. Makes me wonder, though, do they reuse them for another movie??

Scarlett Johannsen was especially great and beautiful film. Without entering into much detail in the summary reflected thought.​

Back
Top Bottom