"The Lost Prince" (2003) - BBC Miniseries on Prince John, son of George V

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The story of Prince John was discovered by someone who was looking through the Duke of Windsor’s stuff and he stumbled across a forgotten royal.

I found a post I made about this on 07-01-2005, 11:50 AM :ohmy: and I still have that DVD I mentioned. When I look at my old posts after being absent from the forum for since 2007-2008 until 2022, I see I was really passionate on these things compared to me now, retired and age 62. And I'm glad to see my admiration for QEII then was then same in 2005 as it was on her passing in 2022.

07-01-2005 We just saw the DVD yesterday and was a great documentary-dramatization, made the Royals and their relatives look more humane in quite a different background, their family life. Especially Queen Mary, whom I always thought of being as cold as she is presented in her pictures. She was just aware of the image she should represent and acted accordingly considering whom she was married to. I think Queen Elizabeth II is a perfect example of how, like her Grandmother, a person in the public eye should act, with nerves of steel no matter what life throws at you. It also explored the life of the Russian cousins better than any movie I've seen, the almost blind devotion of Nicholas to Alexandra and their daugthers, more comfortable and down to earth with their position than their English relatives.

In 2005 I pay probably $9.99 at the video shop for the movie and now in 2022 is free online. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom