"The Favourite" (2018) - Film on Queen Anne of Great Britain

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SO 'well deserved' !

That said Glenn Close should have won best Actress for her brilliant Performance in Dangerous liaisons, all those years ago...

SO 'well deserved' !

That said Glenn Close should have won best Actress for her brilliant Performance in Dangerous liaisons, all those years ago...

Agreed on both accounts. A splendid performance and what a charming woman Colman is.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Olivia Coleman on her Oscar. I was rather hoping she would win. The other nominees were all good too, but Olivia was my choice. (Nearly said favourite.)

It's interesting the way that films on the BRF are either Oscar bait (The Queen, The King's Speech) or dismal flops (A Royal Night Out, Diana, Queen Jane etc.)

Does it depend on the casting, the writing, or the publicity?

I found the movie rather unappealing, but Coleman is a fantastic actress and the Oscar well deserved.
Last weekend I watched The Wife, similar case, movie very unappealing but with Glenn Close a fantastic lead actress.
I thought Close would win because she deserved it after 6 nominations but you never know.

I've seen Trailers for the Favourite and it looked abysmal rubbish....

Olivia Colman Accepts the Oscar for Lead Actress (Is it me or did Lady Gaga looked a bit disappointed?)

Last edited:
it has a great cast, but it is a rather boring, slow moving story.

Back
Top Bottom