"The Diamond Queen" (2012) - BBC Documentary on Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Except, IMO, a simple documentary series is not going to cap the republican movement. In their opinion, they probably think this series was a big waste of money to show of a monarch who doesn't do anything. It's fuel for their fire.

I haven't encountered any true republicans, but neither have I encountered anyone who likes the monarchy.

This series showed Elizabeth from the eyes of her family, which was lovely.

part 3 was great and the queen magnifcent spledid documenrty :)

I think we should celebrate Her Majesty, not bring the republicans into a discussion where they don't belong.
Since the issue of republicanism was discussed in Part 3 of "The Diamond Queen" the raising of the subject by member James VI was entirely relevant.

Indeed it was, and my comment related to the fact that IMO it should not have been brought into the episode either.

Well then maybe you should complain to the BBC.

The portrait next to Margrethe II is that of her consort. And between her and the Prince is a portrait of the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Henry.

Speaking of portrait, in part II during the interview of Prince William, i just noticed behind the journalist what it seems to be an unknown official photograph of the Duchess of Cornwall.

Last edited:
I love love love how Harry refers to The Duke and The Queen as grandfather and grandmother, whereas the children and William refer to them as The Duke and The Queen.

And when discussing the documentary they made, I was amused when Prince Philip talks and I think they're on the royal train, he remarks that they weren't allowed in the toilet with him. :lol:

Last edited:
For those in Canada "The Diamond Queen" Part 1 will be broadcast at 10PM in CBCNN.

The Diamond Queen USA

Do you guys know when this documentary will come to the USA or if it is on YouTube?

I'm sorry if this news has already been posted. I have just discovered that Part 2 of the documentary The Diamond Queen is on Channel 2 in Brisbane Australia 7:30 pm Sunday 20th May 2012. Unfortunately I missed Part 1 when it was on tv last Sunday night (I was very silly because I was watching Dancing With the Stars!) but I've just watched it on The Channel 2 (abc) iview website. Of course I won't be watching Dancing with the Stars tomorrow night! Part 1 was wonderful! A great documentary!

This is on BBC America now. Only 10 minutes in and I am enjoying it. Love Beatrice talking about granny. Sometimes it's easy to forget that this is a real family who love one another and are clearly close.

Back
Top Bottom