The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
That video on youtube has been taken due to copyright.
The trick is to search YouTube immediately after parts 2 and 3 are broadcast and watch or download them before each is removed.
Ya gotta be quick!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The trick is to search YouTube immediately after parts 2 and 3 are broadcast and watch or download them before each is removed.
Ya gotta be quick!

Can somebody posted a link from second and third part of the documentary?
Please

And if there are more interested in about first part , I have it and I will try to upload on YouTube like a private video . Please let me know

Old 02-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil

Can somebody posted a link from second and third part of the documentary?
Please
The second and third part of the series hasn't aired in the UK yet.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Ya gotta be quick!
Yeah, I did catch the first part while it was on youtube but didn't have time to finishing watching it. By the time I tried to finish the next day, it was taken down. Grrrr! I know there are complicated copyright/broadcasting rights rules, but if BBC could just make it globally available online, people wouldn't be putting it on youtube (as much).
Old 02-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Courtier

@MagMil wow that wold be soo great! I know it is possible that you limit the access to one's youtube videos via password so that only a handful of users can watch the videos. this trick always works when one has videos with certain copyrights. maybe then you don't have to take it down again ...
Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit View Post
@MagMil wow that wold be soo great! I know it is possible that you limit the access to one's youtube videos via password so that only a handful of users can watch the videos. this trick always works when one has videos with certain copyrights. maybe then you don't have to take it down again ...

I don't know how to add password on my YouTube's account, but I can upload like a private video and only with people who would have my link can see it
And I hope on this way you all can see it without a problem .

Question: Did you think it would be safe to posted the link here or everybody who want to see the video to send me a private msg and that I would send the link of the video!?!

[EDIT]
Because of YouTube's policy I'm now splitting the documentary in 4 parts and tonight I will send the links
Old 02-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Courtier

The DVD of "Diamond Queen" will be released by Amazon UK on May 14th. I'm not sure if and when it will be available from the other Amazon groups (USA, Canada etc. etc. ).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Diamond-...8812055&sr=1-2

NOTE: The televised broadcast on the BBC is being shown on 3 consecutive Monday nights commencing Monday last (6th February).
Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
... if BBC could just make it globally available online, people wouldn't be putting it on youtube (as much).
Restricting it is important to the BBC at the moment because the corporation would still be negotiating sales to overseas markets.
If episodes 2 and 3 are as interesting and well-produced as episode 1 [ie, excellent!] it will probably end up being broadcast in most countries, possibly closer to the main Jubilee celebrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil
Question: Did you think it would be safe to post the link here or everybody who want to see the video to send me a private msg?
I'd strongly advise PM. For any unfamiliar usernames, check the member's join date before providing your link.
If in any doubt about a member's bona fides, PM me.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Did anyone else see that the Queen appears to have a photograph of Haakon and Mette Marit in her apartment at BP? I could be mistaken.
Yes, there was a framed, signed portrait of Haakon and Mette-Marit in the Queen's BP apartment where she receives the Prime Ministers. Among the other portraits on that table was a group shot of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh with Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik. Possibly also a portrait of Empress Michiko.

In the same segment, which showed archive footage of the Queen's apartment during audiences, amongst the portraits on the tables were two different individual portraits of Queen Margrethe (the first was this one, the replaced with this one at a later date), and a group shot of the Queen and the Duke with King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:58 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Book

If people didn't know, Andrew Marr released a book about the series before the series aired.

The Diamond Queen: Elizabeth II and Her People: Amazon.co.uk: Andrew Marr: Books

Synopsis

"With the flair for narrative and the meticulous research that readers have come to expect, Andrew Marr turns his attention to the monarch and to the monarchy, chronicling the Queen's pivotal role at the centre of the state, which is largely hidden from the public gaze, and making a strong case for the institution itself.

Arranged thematically, rather than chronologically, Marr dissects the Queen's political relationships, crucially those with her Prime Ministers; he examines her role as Head of the Commonwealth, and her deep commitment to that Commonwealth of nations; he looks at the drastic changes in the media since her accession in 1952 and how the monarchy and the monarch have had to change and adapt as a result. Indeed he argues that under her watchful eye, the monarchy has been thoroughly modernized and made as fit for purpose in the twenty-first century as it was when she came to the throne and a 'new Elizabethan age' was ushered in."

v Cover
reproduced for promotional purposes
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Marr.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	283322  
Old 02-10-2012, 05:48 AM
Commoner

Group shot with King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
... a group shot of the Queen and the Duke with King Frederik IX and Queen Ingrid.
In this group shot, do you think there is an ashtray in front of this picture?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Commoner

I live in Australia. I wonder when the Documentary will be shown in Australia. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Administrator

It's likely that the series will be shown here in Australia closer to the main Jubilee celebrations.

The Diamond Queen wins right royal ratings | Media | guardian.co.uk

Andrew Marr's jubilee documentary The Diamond Queen made a right royal start on BBC1 with more than 6 million viewers on Monday night. The first of a three-part series to mark the Queen's diamond jubilee year had 6.2 million viewers, a 23.4% share of the audience, between 9pm and 10pm.

Marr has become the BBC's go-to man for popular history documentaries on the back of his acclaimed History of Modern Britain and The Making of Modern Britain. He will extend his gaze even further later this year with the BBC's big-budget co-production with Discovery, History of the World.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Possibly also a portrait of Empress Michiko.
I can't be certain, but I thought it may have been Empress Nagako. Either of the two in any case.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 02-11-2012, 03:05 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Now that you mention Empress Nagako, it does look more like her than the current Empress. If only the camera had been closer to the mirror/table in the panning shot...
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

A Wendy house fit for a Queen: The secrets and history of the tiny Welsh cottage in the grounds of Windsor where generations of royals have played | Mail Online
Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Gentry

BBC iPlayer - The Diamond Queen: Episode 1 hi guys the diamond queen 1and 2 on bbc iplayer hope you can all watch :)
Old 02-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary stuart View Post
BBC iPlayer - The Diamond Queen: Episode 1 hi guys the diamond queen 1and 2 on bbc iplayer hope you can all watch :)
Only people in the UK can watch it on iplayer, which is good for people who missed it last night.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:22 PM
Gentry

ty lumutqueen i did hope other could see but its uk only and those that did miss it enjoy :)
Old 02-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

The first two parts of the documentary were MAGNIFICENT.I can't wait for third part
Everything was perfect selected . I loved the comments of Prince Harry about P.William and his grandma