The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Heir Apparent

The producers already said that Diana would appear at the end of season 3. End of season 3 definitely would not be Diana as a little girl. Maybe as a young teenager when Charles dates Sarah Spencer that was 1977.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Suez Crisis and Melbourne Olympics are 1956. That's where season 1 ends with the building to these events. So season 1 was mainly from 1952 to 1955/56. Diana as potential girlfriend is summer of 1980 and so that's 25 years to coverage.
Diana died in 1997 - so she was only in the family for about 18 years - thus if a decade per series (series 1 was 1947 - 1956ish) which is why I say she will be there for about 1.5 series only.

Quote:
Philip and the Queen have to get back on the same page to make Andrew. Margaret meets Tony. That's probably all season 2. There probably will be a montage or time jump to get to the late 60s early 70s for the investiture of the Prince of Wales and maybe another to get to the silver jubilee and Thatcher.
Suez and the Melbourne Olympics would be no more than one episode with most of the focus on the Queen and Suez and maybe a scene or two with Philip on his 6 months trip down under

Then 9 episodes to marry off Margaret, half Andrew and Edward and even send Charles to Australia in 1966 with their tour Down Under as family or Charles investiture as the end of series 2.

Quote:
The cast is changing after 2, so some sort of speed through the early sixties I would think will happen to get Charles and Anne as young adult instead of preteens and Queen and Philip as middle aged
I would expect the third series to really start with Charles and Anne's early love life in the 1970s, the Jubilee and the assassination of Mountbatten ending with Charles meeting Diana.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

There will still have to have some time jumping/montages like we saw in season 1 where it starts in 1948 for the wedding and then a quick montage to 1951 in the same episode. A lot of season 1 was heavy on the Churchill. I can't imagine a heavy focus on the PMs again until Thatcher.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why Netflix bet big on 'The Crown,' its Golden Globe winner - Business Insider
Quote:
Last month at the UBS media conference in New York, Netflix's content boss Ted Sarandos explained a simple reason why Netflix bet big on "The Crown": Everyone knows the Queen.

"Queen Elizabeth is probably the most famous human being on the planet right now," he said. The world knows the history of her, the monarchy, and her family.
Of course she is. She is the most popular, most iconic and most famous head of state (many would say person) in the world.

Quote:
Though Sarandos didn't characterize her like this, in some ways she is the biggest reality star on the planet, except most people don't know much about her private life. For Netflix, it was an opportunity to tell that inner story.
Reality star? Don't be ridiculous.

Quote:
But all the glitz and talent that went into producing "The Crown" rested on that one truth, that people just really like watching, reading, and hearing about Queen Elizabeth.
I agree!
Old 01-16-2017, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnEliza View Post
I have been really enjoying the series. It does bother me that the actress playing the Queen Mother doesn't look anything like the Queen really looked, but you can't always find a physical match.
There was a scene in the first episode (or the second I can't recall) that a lady in the crowd looked so much like the Queen Mother, and I thought it was really her, and then the "other" Queen Mother came and I was a bit disappointed.

EDIT:

I found the lady I was talking about. She looks so much like the Queen Mother, I really thought she was her...
http://oi68.tinypic.com/6ye3v9.jpg
Old 01-26-2017, 01:29 AM
Majesty

Matthew Goode | Matthew Goode To Play Earl Of Snowdon In The Crown | Contactmusic.com
Old 01-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

He played Henry Talbot from Downton Abbey ,not an obvious choice for the role of the late Lord Snowdon.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Benedict Cumberbatch is closer in looks to what 1960s Tony Armstrong Jones looked like if we had our pick of any actor. Vanessa Kirby doesn't really look like Margaret and is way too tall. So the actor playing Tony will have to be tall too to match her.

Toby Stephens played Snowden opposite Lucy Cohu's Margaret in The Queen's Sister back in 2005.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The sets of Netflix’s The Crown

The sets of Netflix’s The Crown – Royal Central
Old 02-11-2017, 03:39 AM
Majesty

Matt Smith and Claire Foy might no longer be in The Crown | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

We already knew that it was going to be recast before it aired. Probably already signed up Helen Mirren for the old Queen. Then Helen can have a Emmy to go along with the Oscar and Tony for playing QEII.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I forgot to mention but I finished watching the series in December and thoroughly enjoyed it. I do agree with a poster who commented a while back that they played up the "lonely queen" portrayal, but otherwise, everything was great - I especially loved the costumes! I am looking forward into watching the next series. It would be a shame to see Claire Foy and Vanessa Kirby go if they were recasted because I thought they played their parts brilliantly. Matt Smith could perhaps get away with being in the next series but I can understand why they would recast as the characters of course get older.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-11-2017, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Crown season 2: US President set to appear - and you’ll NEVER guess who’s playing JFK.

The Crown season 2: President JFK and Jackie Kennedy actors cast | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk
Old 03-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Heir Apparent

The Fun Girls have a very strong opinion about the upcoming season. And they do have a point. The Crown Season Two Makes A Decision That Will Enrage You - Go Fug Yourself.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:40 AM
Majesty

Netflix drama 'The Crown' is all about Prince Philip | Daily Mail Online

Scurrilus rumours of a secret love child, flings with showgirls, and a gay affair have stalked Prince Philip for years
Old 03-18-2017, 03:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Never heard of a gay affair...
Old 03-18-2017, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Denville I never heard that one either. Who knows. But heard of flings love child etc
Old 03-26-2017, 03:04 AM
Majesty

A meeting with Prince Charles left the TV actor who played Sir Winston Churchill "scared to death"

The Crown's 'Churchill' on meeting Prince Charles: It left me terrified | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk
Old 03-26-2017, 03:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Never heard of a gay affair...
Only mention I can find is in an old telegraph article

Portrait of a marriage - Telegraph

funny enough, on Valery's side, there were also rumors of a royal affair but not male and much younger. A book suggested he had an affair with a woman who was referred to as princess of Cardiff. It led to talk he had an affair with Diana. Which was of course denied. He was known as a philanderer, his family didn't livecatvthevpresudebtial residence, but with women.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:00 AM
Majesty

"Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall is set to be appearing in season three of Netflix drama The Crown, it has been revealed.
A fictionalised version of the royal - better known before her marriage to Prince Charles as Camilla Parker Bowles - will be making her first appearance in third run as the series follows the members of the current Royal Family.
There is no word yet who will be taking on the role of the young Camilla, who proved to be a controversial figure amongst the Royal Family."

The Crown season 3: Camilla Parker Bowles CONFIRMED to make appearance | TV & Radio | Showbiz & TV | Express.co.uk