The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2016, 03:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just watched the last one really enjoyed it. Of course we don't what was really said or done but you accept that.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 11-13-2016, 04:19 AM
Majesty

Netflix drama The Crown imagines Philip on a night on the town | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-13-2016, 04:53 AM
Heir Apparent

There have always been rumours about Prince Philip and his eye for the ladies. I presume they aren't going to name names as two of the women he is supposed to have romanced were well known names in the London night club/show biz scene in the late 1940s and 1950's.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:31 AM
Majesty

Oh Philips supposed 'affairs' are as numerous as the number of times the Queen was reported to be pregnant . . . almost constantly. Philip may indeed have gone clubbing, but he was never a fool or a cad.

I just find it interesting that in a time when people put pen to paper in letters, notes and (joy of joys) diaries, nobody's grandchildren, heirs, etc. have found one itsy bitsy note to hint of any type of a liaison between Philip and another woman and, with the deep love and respect displayed by today's generation, flogged them off at Christie's Auction House!
Old 11-15-2016, 02:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I'm watching The Queen give Churchill a "telling off" after keeping the strokes from her and Churchill just looks broken. I want to give him a hug.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

I REALLY didn't. He WAS broken, through age and ill health, and should have retired ages before..
Old 11-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Majesty

I have a question: was Margaret really in charge to subistitute her sister while she was abroad? And is it true that Margaret's exuberant behavior caused such a stir?
Old 11-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I have a question: was Margaret really in charge to subistitute her sister while she was abroad? And is it true that Margaret's exuberant behavior caused such a stir?

You would have 2 people acting as Counsellors of State while the Queen was gone on the Commonwealth Tour. Eligible people were the next 4 adults in line: Margaret, Henry Duke of Gloucester, Princess Mary, The Earl of Harewood. The Queen Mum was added to be a CoS in 1953.

So 2 people had to be named before the Queen left. It was just Margaret as the show implied.
Old 11-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The last sentence should be it wasn't just Margaret as the show implied

the app isn't let me fix the previous post
Old 11-16-2016, 09:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
You would have 2 people acting as Counsellors of State while the Queen was gone on the Commonwealth Tour. Eligible people were the next 4 adults in line: Margaret, Henry Duke of Gloucester, Princess Mary, The Earl of Harewood. The Queen Mum was added to be a CoS in 1953.

So 2 people had to be named before the Queen left. It was just Margaret as the show implied.
So "only Margaret" was a mistake of the show? Did she really throw a tantrum?
Old 11-18-2016, 02:32 AM
Majesty

These Rare Videos Inspired The Crown’s Portrayal of Queen Elizabeth | Vanity Fair
Old 11-20-2016, 03:44 AM
Majesty

Netflix's The Crown depicts a close relationship of the Queen's, but how much is REAL? | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-20-2016, 05:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does anyone know if this is on TV? and if so what Night it is on, in the UK?
Old 11-20-2016, 07:40 AM
Nobility

I have been really enjoying the series. It does bother me that the actress playing the Queen Mother doesn't look anything like the Queen really looked, but you can't always find a physical match.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I've really enjoyed watching this series and am looking forward to the next one...November 2017 is a long way off!
Old 11-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Does anyone know if this is on TV? and if so what Night it is on, in the UK?
This is a series which was created and developed by Netflix, not created in conjunction with any traditional TV channel. Chances are it will never be on TV, or at least not for a very long time.

The only way to watch it is to sign up for Netflix (they offer a 30-day free trial) or to use of the many, many illegal streaming sites. It's up to you.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Netflix does put out DVD sets out for their hit shows. Unfortunately with TV DVD box sets the previous season doesn't usually come out until right before the next season.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Isabelle Townsend...

...Peter Townsend's daughter from his second marriage, lives with her family in a house in France called "the Mill", which was the country house of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-20-2016, 12:37 PM
Majesty

I have hard times to stay awake. It is all like a slowly rippling river with pretty miscast characters. The only thing which makes it worth watching are the extremely good sceneries and camera-viewpoints. The story is like walking in mud, pffff... watching two tortoises making love seems the summum of suspense, compared with The Crown.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Commoner

It's not 100% accurate, but it is a very soothing antidote to political news. Which is good enough for me right now.