"The Crown" (2016-Present) - Netflix Drama Series on Queen Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cannot say I'm impressed, and when Prince Philip/Matt Smith said to the Queen/Claire Foy ''you are the Queen of England'' then I thought, no, she is not, she is the Queen of the United Kingdom.

I'm really looking forward to this series,has a release date been announced?

Can't wait to see this series.

I cannot say I'm impressed, and when Prince Philip/Matt Smith said to the Queen/Claire Foy ''you are the Queen of England'' then I thought, no, she is not, she is the Queen of the United Kingdom.

Yes, but (IMO) Queen of England has more oomph than Queen of the United Kingdom.

This series looks great. I look forward to it.

Matt Smith looks nothing like Philip though. He has too much hair, and it's the wrong colour. Philip's hair always looked thin and pale to me, and slicked down with too much California Poppy.

I like how they are capturing the star quality of The Queen in her younger days. People must remember, before there was a Charles & Diana or William & Catherine, there was Elizabetn & Philip. They had the star factor back in the day.

I truly can't wait for this- the trailer was outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think I've been disappointed yet in anything Netflix has done, it's no wonder their stock is through the roof. I'm looking very forward to this.

I'm really looking forward to this series,has a release date been announced?

Some time this year.

I'm fairly pleased by the trailer. The casting looks great - love who they have for Queen Mary, David, and Wallis, and Churchill. Little Charles and Anne in that first scene look adorable. Matt Smith definitely has an air about him that resembles the DoE, even if his hair isn't perfect (and he has eyebrows).

Was Philip really Prince Petulant? Blazing rows. Bitter regrets. And seething resentment at having to bow to his Queen...just some of the astonishing claims about the Duke in £150m new royal biopic

• New series depicts young Prince unhappy after abandoning Naval duties
  • TV show also claims Duke was furious when children were named Windsor
  • The explosive scenes have been written by dramatist Peter Morgan
  • First series of episodes will cover the key events of the Queen’s early life

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3402915/Claims-Duke-Edinburgh-150m-new-royal-biopic.html

Last edited:
None of these issues are strange to those of us that are familiar with the DoE. Most likely the "explosive" scenes are to be taken as poetic license and just a representation of what "may" or "could" have happened.

Wonder if they'll include a scene where Elizabeth heaves objects aimed at Philip retreating out the door of where they were staying in Australia back in 1954? That would make good copy.

When Queen Elizabeth threw tennis shoes and racquet at Prince Philip | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

I'm sure that Prince Philip did have some regrets about his constrained lifestyle after his marriage and, after 1952, the forced abondonment of his career in the Royal Navy. However this is a drama series therefore there has to be some conflict. Can't have the viewers dropping off to sleep!

I'm really, really looking forward to this series. I wish they'd tell us when it will be released.

Philip had to know that he would have to eventually give up his Naval career when he asked Elizabeth to marry him. It would have been hard for Philip being such the alpha male to carve out his own role different from what a Queen Consort would do. Imagine if Hillary Clinton becomes President with First Lady Bill. It a similar problem.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

He certainly knew he'd have to give up his Naval career at some point, but I don't think he expected it'd happen so soon after his marriage.

The young Princess Elizabeth and her husband probably thought they'd have 15-20 years, if not more, before her ascension to the throne.

When looking at how snappy Philip can be even at 95, it is easy to believe that there were 'blazing rows' from time to time early in the marriage. He's a men's man, and must have been the ultimate sacrifice to him to put the service to the crown before everything else. The marriage certainly wasn't easy, but Philip has always known his place.

My goodness, I think the budget for this series must be huge - the costumes look like they are exact copies! Really beautiful.

The wedding tiara doesn't look at all like an exact copy.

The Cast

Claire Foy as Princess Elizabeth/Queen Elizabeth II
Matt Smith as Philip Mountbatten/Prince Philip
John Lithgow as Sir Winston Churchill
Greg Wise as Lord Louis Mountbatten
Vanessa Kirby as Princess Margaret
Jared Harris as George VI
Andy Sanderson as Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester
Michael Culkin as Rab Butler
Nicholas Rowe as Jock Colville
Amir Boutrous as Gamal Abdel Nasser
Eileen Atkins as Queen Mary
Harriet Walter as Clementine Churchill
Jeremy Northam as Anthony Eden
Alex Jennings as Prince Edward, Duke of Windsor
David Shields as Colin Tennant
Josh Taylor as Johnny Dalkeith
Rosalind Knight as Princess Alice of Battenberg

Alex Jennings was Charles in The Queen written by the same guy now he is Duke of Windsor.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

James Brookes ‏@james_elliott_ 3h3 hours ago
Netflix have announced their multi-million pound series #TheCrown will debut on Friday 4 November 2016.

So far away! I want it now. I think that series will be incredible

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Its quite a wait until November but it will be something to look forward to as the nights get darker and colder!

I hope it's shown in Australia, as I'm sure it will be at some stage. I want to at least take a look to see if it's any good.

I hope it's shown in Australia, as I'm sure it will be at some stage. I want to at least take a look to see if it's any good.

Doesn't Netflix release it's original programming across all countries at the same time?

Back
Top Bottom