The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-03-2013, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Westminster Abbey ‏@wabbey 2h
To follow the service along at home the Order of Service will be available to download from Abbey website tomorrow morning #coronation60th

Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

Anyone knows what time does the service starts tomorow? Can we watch it online?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
Anyone knows what time does the service starts tomorow? Can we watch it online?
The coverage starts at 10am UK time on BBC One:

Outside UK Viewers- Online:
tvpc.com - BBC 1

The Honourable Frances Shand Kydd
Old 06-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Dman
Old 06-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The People's Coronation With David Dimbleby- BBC One 9pm Tonight UK Time
BBC One - The People's Coronation with David Dimbleby

Old 06-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

Any link to watch the digitally re-mastered version of the Abbey Coronation Service?
Old 06-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Starts at 11.00am but the programme starts maybe 1 hr earlier. BBC is showing it and also Sky. I'll check that and come back in a few minutes

EDIT

FROM SKYROYALREPORTER
#royal Coverage of Coronation Service tomor on #skynews from 7am + guess who tried to get his hands on the crown aged 4 on Coronation Day

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
Hey I was too busy to see. But just tell me how does Anne refer to Charles in that interview? Charles/PoW/simply my brother? Just curious..
my brother
Old 06-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The People's Coronation With David Dimbleby- BBC One 9pm Tonight UK Time
BBC One - The People's Coronation with David Dimbleby
I've just watched this and it was great. David Dimbleby's father was the commentator for the BBC broadcast in 1953 and has some insider info which is worth watching. IT also shows footage of George Vi's coronation and how the coronation was celebrated in the UK. As well as BBc b/w film, it also shows colour footage. I really enjoyed it.

It is showing again on Sunday 9th June at 15:25 on BBC1 and Monday 10th June at 00:40 on BBC2. Also available on I-player.

Have I mentioned? - I really enjoyed it!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I too enjoyed the program. These Coronations really are the 'Peoples Coronation' and just imagine the excitement and coverage there will be for the next one.

It's a long ceremony and I wonder, with Charles's age, how will he hold up during it? The Queen was younger during her Coronation. Charles will be tired after a ceremony like that now, IMO.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Courtier

Anyone please in the UK who recorded the live coverage of the coronation last sunday on DVD who´d be willing to share a copy?!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Anyone please in the UK who recorded the live coverage of the coronation last sunday on DVD who´d be willing to share a copy?!
I imagine it'll be on amazon soon enough, everything usually is.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:34 PM
Heir Apparent

St Edward's Crown will be at the Abbey tomorrow

Queen's coronation a
anniversary: Crown to leave Tower for first time since 1953 for Westminster Abbey service - Telegraph

Queen's coronation anniversary: Crown to leave Tower for first time since 1953 for Westminster Abbey service
The 350-year-old crown which was used for the Queen’s coronation will leave the Tower of London for the first time since 1953 so it can play a part in today’s 60th anniversary service at Westminster Abbey.

The priceless St Edward’s Crown will travel amid the tightest possible security to be placed on the High Altar of the Abbey together with the Ampulla, a gold, eagle-shaped bottle from which holy oil was poured to anoint the Queen.
The Dean of Westminster, The Very Rev Dr John Hall, said the crown would provide “a powerful symbol of the moment of coronation”.

ORDER OF SERVICE

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ter-Abbey.html

Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

It's going to be great to see the Crown Jewels at the service.

Old 06-03-2013, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
[QUOTE=cepe;1558030
The priceless St Edward’s Crown will travel amid the tightest possible security to be placed on the High Altar of the Abbey together with the Ampulla, a gold, eagle-shaped bottle from which holy oil was poured to anoint the Queen.
The Dean of Westminster, The Very Rev Dr John Hall, said the crown would provide “a powerful symbol of the moment of coronation”.[/QUOTE]

What I found very interesting during CPAC's rebroadcast of the 1953 Coronation is that it had excellent running text commentary during the ceremony.

The holy oil for anointing held in the Ampulla had to be made up new at the altar because of the fact that the already blessed oil that had been kept in storage from coronation to coronation was destroyed during the bombing in London during WWII. Luckily they were able to find the recipe though. This tells me though that if and when it comes time for Charles' coronation it will be the same blessed oil used at his mother's.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

So I did the conversions and the service should start 3am PST and 6am EST
Old 06-03-2013, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Sky News coverage starts around 7am UK time-

tvpc.com - Sky News

Old 06-04-2013, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

Having just finished waching at last the whole broadcast of the Coronation that BBC Parliament aired, apart from usual symbols of the Queen's majesty such as the crown, orb and scepter, I noticed one other extremely important item.....her handbag! As the Golden Coach left Westmnster Abbey, there on the seat in front of her tucked in amongst the folds of her purple robe was a white handbag! Always present, always close to her even at her Coronation procession!