"The Bernadotte Family" (2010) - TV4 Documentary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paty

Heir Apparent
City
Madrid
Country
Spain
Swedish channel TV4 will broadcast a six-parts documentary about the Bernadotte Family. The documentary was made by filmmaker Gregor Nowinski , who followed the family during twon years in their everyday life and special occasions, and also at work.

The Premier will be broadcasted on for first time Thursday, April 29th.

You can watch the trailer here:
Se trailern för Familjen Bernadotte - Familjen Bernadotte - tv4.se

I'm not sure if it will be possible to watch the docu on line, maybe some Swedish member can tell us more about this.

This is similar to the Danish one that has just been aired.
Should be very interesting.

Hopefully iTunes will this available as a podcast like the Danish documentary.

Sweden is airing a TV special about the Bernadotte family, first episode was tonight. Very nice program and the King was really lovely.
The 3rd one will be devoted to Victoria. I can't wait to see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoyed the Danish documentaries and am looking forward to these as well. If any member could provide some translations, it would be very much appreciated!

I'm looking forward seeing her and Daniel tomorrow at the King's birthday.

Sweden is airing a TV special about the Bernadotte family, first episode was tonight. Very nice program and the King was really lovely.
The 3rd one will be devoted to Victoria. I can't wait to see that.

I would love to see that too. I'm hoping it'll be online:).

Thank you very much for the link -- I've been watching the episode and enjoying it thus far. The King's sisters were all such beautiful girls when they were younger. I'm sure it had to have been a treat to have a little brother to dote on.

I too wish the subtitles were in English or there was an option for English subtitles but I'm making do. :)

Thanks for the video link:). If only the subtitle was in English:bang:.

It will be also be sold with our newspaperExpressen along with booklets etc for those who wants to collect it.
Läs mer om avsnitten i "Familjen Bernadotte" - Samlarserier - Filmer Filmtips Filmrecensioner Filmtoppen | Expressen Nöje

In short it was about the King's childhood, talk about his father dying early and how he prepared for his big role.
The Queen, Princess Kristina, KP and a few others were commenting on him as a person. Silvia said he is a very funny man, a side she wish the public should see more of.
Next weeks episode is about the Queen

Thanks for the translation, I kinda figured it out something like that :p.
Anyway, I would have loved to see a piece on Madeline and Carl Philip, lets hope in the Queen's piece and the last one they devote sometime to them

Thanks a lot SwedQueen:flowers:.

Thanks frank 22

Swedish friends, could you give us a little translation???

can somebody explain me why the previous parts are not available anymore?

They have possible been taken of the website for other programs.

oh that's too bad! i couldn't see them before

The documentary has amazingly beautiful music and in general it's very well done. I think I'm lucky that I studied Swedish language at school and I can follow the serie ;)

This I already wrote to another discussion, but then I realized that you have started a new discussion about the documentary Familjen Bernadotte:

Did you know that Daniel Westling's father has met King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia already in the early 1980's? I think it was funny to find out that The King and The Queen arrived to Ockelbo where Daniel's father was living and working as social chef, and he had an opportunity to give a speech in front of Victoria's parents. This film from Swedish Tv channel shows how it was back then:
Familjerna Bernadotte och Westling möts - Familjen Bernadotte - TV4 Play - tv4play.se

Little did they know about what will happen in future!

(This video is from Familjen Bernadotte, part 4.)

This is one of the best royal series I've seen. Last nights show with Princess Christina talking about her family history was magic. The Swedish royal family are so likable and so full of pride. It makes me even more proud to be Swedish.

It is such a shame that I don't understand Swedish. I woud love to know what they are talking about :-(

Why are some of the videos unavailable?

Back
Top Bottom