The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

sorry! Warren. i just was aking becasue of the post 16 state some of them does not work.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

well that would be me. post 16. Yes some of them do not work, that is stay home and raise the children.

Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

It was so nice to hear Maxima. She is a very heartgoing woman.

When will the next part be broadcasted?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Susan Alice:thank you so much for the asnwer, I was suprise that they do not work, so They enjpy the title of princess and a good life I presume, i mst say Maxima is marvellous she is doing a great job and on top of that shewants to be presnet as much as possible for her girls, i am sure it is not easy! it would be very interesting to listen this program to see what they say about thir life!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
When will the next part be broadcasted?
Next saturday
Old 07-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
so some od the princess does not work?? at all??
All of 'm work,all of them!

You will find it all here yet time and again this pops up.Why?....pss
http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/english...objectid=18159

(sorry for answering this here Warren,just to prevent a whole thread on it while its not nescesary)
Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

thought this episode was good.

Liked the interview with a Dutch sort of Henry Higgens who could scientifically point out how the Dutch intonation of Laurentien and Mabel has changed since their marriage sounding very royal.

Laughed at the interviewer starting a letter to the RVD with a request for an interview with Geachte meneer , and they responded with a singel sentence without a salutation.

They are lucky the NCRV is not the BBC and not really excellent.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:09 PM
Courtier

Link to the second episode

Player omroep.nl
Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Majesty

It is not really all that great I think.That girl is a starting,and way too much complaining,blond,who really hasn't got a clue on how it works in Royal circles.Her first lesson:Nobody was waiting for her,not interested in a starter with less then an idea.

She's nagging constantly that the Royal House is as closed as an oyster,and it is,to her,allthough she expected to be welcomed with champagne or what.It might be some nice tv,at some point,but really,its as empty as shallow can be.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I did enjoy seeing the footage of Queen Beatrix and her teenaged sons playing a board game together. There was a moment where it appeared that a linguist and a journalist were analyzing Mabel's voice. Was this when they were accusing Mabel and Laurentien for "sounding more royal"? This could be due to vanity, but it could also be due to the fact that they have been doing far more public speaking since their marriages, and it is possible that they have become more confident when speaking.

Also, I loved seeing the press conference from Queen Beatrix' engagement, and hearing Queen Juliana speak in English. It was so cute seeing the then Princess Beatrix skipping with flowers in her hand as she held the then Claus van Amsberg's hand. So sweet! I also loved seeing the footage of the little ones at the christening rolling around on the altar. It was absolutely adorable!

Lucien, you do raise an interesting point. I think it is fairly shallow of the journalist to criticize the royal family's accessibility when she is obviously making money off of her coverage of them.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
It is not really all that great I think.That girl is a starting,and way too much complaining,blond,who really hasn't got a clue on how it works in Royal circles.Her first lesson:Nobody was waiting for her,not interested in a starter with less then an idea.

She's nagging constantly that the Royal House is as closed as an oyster,and it is,to her,allthough she expected to be welcomed with champagne or what.It might be some nice tv,at some point,but really,its as empty as shallow can be.
I have to agree. The host's permanent "I am a newbie here" attitude is a little bit annoying after a while.

But then again, we have to take into account that the public this show aims to is not the "royalist" one...
Old 07-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I think she had very little other options left, as there is just so much you can tell about most princesses. We don't know much about them and they obviously want it to stay that way. So ... It does give an interesting view of how all the journalism around the RF works though. And to my surprise Mabel can actually speak in a normal way too, without the idiotic posh accent. I actually do think that the presentor was right in saying that her and Laurentien's accents made people dislike them immidiately.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Courtier

Btw, what does Laurentien reply with the phrase "geen idee" ("no idea") to? The host points it out but I still can't figure out what it was about.

(Dutch users, thanks in advance for the translation )
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

What did you want to become when you were 13, 14 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde Esmeralda View Post
Btw, what does Laurentien reply with the phrase "geen idee" ("no idea") to? The host points it out but I still can't figure out what it was about.

(Dutch users, thanks in advance for the translation )
Old 07-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Courtier

Thanks Susan Alicia!

Though I seriously doubt that, being that close to the RF from a very young age, she had absolutely no clue about her future (just kidding)
Old 07-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is part 3, about the children of the princesses.

Player omroep.nl
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Courtier

So lovely, the little princesses asking for the balloons that the host was giving out at the Lech photosession ...
Old 08-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Courtier

Chapter 4 is now online. It goes over the princesses at work.

Player omroep.nl
Old 03-14-2010, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Dutch tv series: ''De Troon''

This serie follows the life of Willem I, II and III and everything behind it. (Anna Palauwna)
De Troon - Programma's - Uitzendinggemist - Nederland 2

You can watch two episodes here.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Serene Highness

Here are some links of some royal documentaries:

http://youtu.be/GuhWPAhrKn0
^ Queen Juliana docu 4 parts