"Secrets of Highclere Castle" (2013) - PBS Documentary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dman

Imperial Majesty
City
Midwest
Country
United States
Secrets of Highclere Castle:
Highclere Castle might be famous for being the backdrop to the world's most successful costume drama, but behind the doors of this fairy tale castle still lives a real Lord and lady. It's been the seat of the Carnarvon family for the last 300 years and It's steeped in history. Highclere has been host to an ensemble of illustrious former inhabitants, including a fabulously wealthy heiress who saved the day, and an adventurer, maverick and real life Indiana Jones who made one of the most important archaeological discoveries in the world. This is the behind the scenes story of the one of the England's most spectacular country houses. TVPG

Tuesday, January 8
8:00 pm

Wednesday, January 9
2:00 pm

Sunday, January 13
3:00 am

Secrets of Highclere Castle:
Highclere Castle might be famous for being the backdrop to the world's most successful costume drama, but behind the doors of this fairy tale castle still lives a real Lord and lady. It's been the seat of the Carnarvon family for the last 300 years and It's steeped in history. Highclere has been host to an ensemble of illustrious former inhabitants, including a fabulously wealthy heiress who saved the day, and an adventurer, maverick and real life Indiana Jones who made one of the most important archaeological discoveries in the world. This is the behind the scenes story of the one of the England's most spectacular country houses. TVPG

Tuesday, January 8
8:00 pm

Wednesday, January 9
2:00 pm

Sunday, January 13
3:00 am

This sounds like it will be a good watch. I'm going to make a point to find it and watch it! Thanks!

I watched it yesterday. The estate is amazing. I liked the story of George Herbert, 5th Earl of Carnarvon, and Lady Almina. The current lady Carnarvon has got an odd taste in fashion.

They seem to work very hard in order the keep the Castle running and in good shape. I know they must feel 'Downton Abbey' is a true blessing to them and Highclere Castle.

Back
Top Bottom