Scandinavian Royal Documentaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Silvia❦CarlGustaf

Aristocracy
City
somewhere in the nowhere
Country
Germany
On the website of the swedish TV-channel SVT you can watch the program "Året med kungafamiljen" from recent years. "Året med kungafamiljen" is a program which is aired in the end of every year an wich reports what the royal family has done the last 12 month.

Here are some links:

1993: SVT Play

1994: SVT Play

1995: SVT Play

1997: SVT Play

2000: SVT Play I love the scene, when the Queen puts her head in the King's shoulder at the Olympic Games in Sydney. :wub:

2002: SVT Play

2003: SVT Play

2004: SVT Play

2005: SVT Play

2006: SVT Play

2007: SVT Play

Hope you enjoy it!

I recognized that the links don't work correct! SORRY!

Search for "kungafamiljen" and you will find the links on the right side.

Oh, lovely! I've been looking for this kind of stuff!

Does the 1997 one not even mention Bertil's death? Or am I blind? I'm so confused...

Does the 1997 one not even mention Bertil's death? Or am I blind? I'm so confused...
I think it mentions it but doesn´t show any pics from the funural or his life, witch I think is a bit strange :ermm:

Oh, yes, just saw it, at about 33 minutes, they show it. Really strange they don't have any pictures. Are there even videos from the funeral?

Does anybody know if these videos are still available somewhere online? I tried to watch them on the SVT website, but it wasn´t possible :-(

"Charles and Harry": Prince Carl of Denmark and Princess Maud of Wales: NRK TV series

Charles & Harry is a mini series that NRK sent this Christmas. It details the 6-8 months period in the life of Prince Carl of Denmark and Princess Maud of Wales before they became the King and Queen of Norway. It therefore also includes a gallery of the royal family in Copenhagen and King Edward VII in the UK.

The series have received critique for being 10% facts and 90% fiction. Nevertheless, even though I was gnashing my teeth some of the time, it is an interesting series to watch.

I rather liked the family dynamics of the Danish court, and the more carefree depictions of family life in Bredgade.

I also liked how they got some the actors to look like the persons they were meant to portray. Although, I am convinced that Jacob Cedergren would also have made a fabulous Czar Nicholas II.

Unfortunately for royal watchers elsewhere, it is chiefly in Danish, with some Norwegian & Swedish thrown into the mix. There are bits and pieces of dialogue in English and French (the previous Princess Marie was by all accounts in the series not pleased about being in Denmark) but it is subtitled in Norwegian.

Episode 1: NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling
Episode 2: NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling
Episode 3: NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

NRK is apparently in talks of selling the series to other countries.

Are the swedish videos in the first post available anywhere? I'd love to see some of the older ones.

I watched the ZDF documentary on tv, they showed lovely images and some background information and information about the Royal family. A nice collection of video clips - nothing completely new for someone who follows the Swedish family, but definitely worthwhile for fans:)

Drottningarna (The Queens)
Sweden's queens have been hidden behind their kings for centuries. Now TV4 and C More are bringing them to light. Sofia Helin hosts for the first time a magnificent series about the lives and destinies of eight Swedish queens. Through magnificent reconstructions, the episodes are filled with power intrigues and forbidden love, passion and pledged crown jewels as well as betrayal, jealousy and coups. The Queens premieres on TV4 and C More in the autumn of 2020.

On September 17, the premiere of the historical documentary series The Queens on TV4, TV4 Play and C More. In The Queens, we get to follow our most fascinating queens through their eventful lives. The program is led by the acclaimed actress Sofia Helin.
- History is fascinating. Through it we better understand ourselves and the time we live in. It is always the authorities who set the tone and this is where the most decisive and dramatic events take place. The queens have been in the middle of the action and yet so much of their dramatic life is unknown. Now it's time for us to get to know them better !, says Sofia Helin.
This unique documentary series sheds light on eight of Sweden's queens. Each episode is dedicated to one of our queens and her fascinating life story, from childhood to the last breath - always one step behind her king, but with great power to influence both politically and culturally. The series is based on real events from Swedish history from the 16th century until the 1930s that have never been told in a format like this before.
The reconstructions take place at castles and manors around Sweden, including The Royal Palace, Rosersberg Palace and Gripsholm Castle. Many times in the same place as the real event took place. In addition, environments have been created that will take place in Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, Egypt, and the Netherlands.
- Drottningarna is one of our biggest program investments during the autumn and it feels right and nice to be able to highlight a part of Swedish history that previously often ended up in the shadow of our kings. Now it is the queens' lives and significance for our common history that is in focus. We will invite viewers on a historical journey with exciting facts and fantastic stories about these women, about love, power and intrigue, says Åsa Sjöberg, content manager at TV4 and C More.
The queens are depicted by actors who, with magnificent dresses and historical props, from jewels to utensils, create magic together with hundreds of lookalikes by historical figures. Host Sofia Helin leads us through history together with a dozen experienced experts and historians. By looking at history from the Queens' perspective, the program's experts have sometimes reasoned their way to new theories and interpretations of historical events.
The Queens:
Karin Månsdotter (1550-1612)
Kristina (1626-1689)
Hedvig Eleonora av Holstein-Gottorp (1636-1715)
Lovisa Ulrika of Prussia (1720-1782)
Fredrika Dorotea Wilhelmina (1781-1826)
Desideria (1777 - 1860)
Lovisa of the Netherlands (1828-1871)
Victoria av Baden (1862-1930)
Drottningarna - tv4.se

The Queens - a new historical documentary series where you get to follow Sweden's most fascinating queens. Among period costumes and fantastic environments, the actress Sofia Helin leads us through history and meets powerful women who have been involved in shaping our time.
TV4 - Drottningarna - en ny historisk dokumentärserie där... _ Facebook

Last edited:
:previous: :flowers:

I have been doing a quick view of the docu, sampling every five minutes or so, and the initial impression I get is that it is a very sober portrayal of Haakon and Frederik, but also very much Mette Marit and Mary. Mentioning the problems and challenges they face and have faced.
The German is very easy to follow.

I don't think there is anything new here nor an attempt to view them from a different angle. It's simply a standard, serious portrayal as can be expected from a serious network - no more, no less.

So if anyone wish to brush up on their German on a topic they may be well informed in, this is it. ?

SVT's annual program of the royal family "Året med kungafamiljen" on December 18 at SVT1 and SVT Play.
https://www.svtstatic.se/image/cust...=auto&chromaSubSampling=false&enableAvif=true

Join the royal family during a historic anniversary year. Carl XVI Gustaf celebrates 50 years on the throne, but there will also be a state visit to Estonia and Crown Princess Victoria will visit Australia, New Zealand, Svalbard and Georgia.

SVT published its annual program of the royal family "Året med kungafamiljen" (The Year with the Royal Family) last night on SVT Play. The program will be shown this evening at SVT1.
It has an impressive start with the King walking at the Royal Palace and Victoria's speech on 15th September at the Jubilee Gala Dinner is played.
Året med kungafamiljen _ SVT Play

It was nice to see so much shown about Victoria and Daniel's visit to Australia and New Zealand. And so interesting to see The Riksdag's and the Government's gift to the King on his Jubilee, an eight square meter tapestry made after a watercolor by artist Lars Lerin, to be weaved. Good to see Daniel's work to be shown and great to see the Crown Princess family visiting the exhibition "Vasa to Bernadotte". The King and Queen's interviews were interesting.

Last edited:
TV4 showed this evening it's annual documentary of the Royal family, "Kungahuset". Unfortunately you can only watch it in Sweden.
Kungahuset 2023 - Streama på TV4 Play

Clips from the program
Host Anders Pihlblad has visited the royal barge Vasaorden, when it was renovated, and tried to row it:
Anders Pihlblad_ Jag har varit med och förgyllt Vasaorden!

Pihlblad talks with Victoria and Daniel at the inauguration of Charlotte Gyllenhammar's sculpture "Untold". Victoria wants to come there with her children, experiencing art together with children gives completely different perspectives and questions. There is a great artistic streak in Victoria's family, Pihlblad asks if she has inherited this streak? Victoria claims she hasn't. But Daniel has seen her creative side and thinks she has artistic talent, he says both Victoria and Estelle have a sense of form and color that he is impressed by, even if he is a bit biased. Victoria jokes and thanks, at least she has a fan, nice! But it's true, it runs in the family. Daniel says: Now she confirms, it's true! But Victoria says she was thinking further back in the family.
In the winter, Pihlblad visits sculpture "Untold" with the Crown Princess family, and on their way there Daniel starts to play tag with Estelle and Oscar.
”Jag är imponerad” – här kivas kronprinsessparet kärleksfullt
Photo
https://imageproxy.a2d.tv/?source=h...89a9ca-1703772787071?location=main&width=1024

Pihlblad visits the Jubilee exhibition "Vasa to Bernadotte, 1523 –1973 –2023. Culture in Service of the Realm" with the King and Queen.
They stand in front of the photo of the royal family and the photo of the three generations. The portrait shows a family that the Queen is proud of:
- Not only the king, but also the crown princess. And of course little princess Estelle too, who is a very exciting little lady. She is curious, she is sweet and nice, big heart, warmth. But also wise. So it's a wonderful mix. And then we have the crown princess, who we are very proud of and who is also wise, but with a big heart. I think that is a very important mix - that you fill both of these. Warmth and intelligence.
Drottning Silvia om prinsessan Estelle_ ”En spännande liten dam”

Anders Pihlblad was interviewed this morning at TV4's News morning, some clips from the program are also shown.
He says that following the Royal family has been a very different kind of work than what he has done before. But he has learned a lot.
The King speaks about the monarchy and it's future, how they try to develop it. About Victoria Pihlblad says that she doesn't like to be interviewed but she does it very well. She is very good in pointing out things she thinks are important. They have followed her when she meets the Heads of State, when she gives speeches and a place where you see that she thrives, is outdoors in nature, just like the King, they show a clip from Tiveden National Park. Victoria thinks it's important the the people go outdoors with their children. That's one part of her job, the other part is what she does requested by the government, Pihlblad tells about Victoria's trip to Georgia. He also speaks about how Victoria prepares her speeches, she has become phenomenal in giving speeches.
Premiär för Kungahuset 2023 – ett intensivt år

Anders Pihlblad with Victoria and Daniel in Australia:
https://dms-api.ntm.eu/api/v1/images/lw3vp41j/smart/width/1960/height/1102/as/webp

Anders Pihlblad with Victoria and Rio at Tiveden National Park
https://imageproxy.a2d.tv/?source=h...4cd8-a630-e4ac9a58c8cf/crop2x3.png&width=3840

Pihlblad says to Hänt Magazine that when he looks at interviews he did at the beginning of the year compared to the ones at the end of the year, there is a difference. Then they got used to each other, above all the royals got used to him (this was Anders' first year as the host of the program).
Even though Anders and the TV team have been able to participate in many all possible situations, there are also occasions where the court says no to the cameras. Just because something is in the royal family's calendar, it is not certain that you will be allowed to come along. Sometimes they're invited to things where that organization or foundation might not want the media there at all. But they have an extremely large amount of material, an extended broadcast time because of the good material.
Det fick TV4 inte ta med i programmet Kungahuset _ Hänt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom