The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Courtier

I was sadly very disappointed with "The Other Boleyn Girl" and I was absolutely panting to see it. It makes SHO's "The Tudors" look like high art.

Favorite royal movie: I am in agreement on "The Lion in Winter," O'Toole/Hepburn.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM

Anastasia (1956) and Nicholas and Alexandra (1971) stand out for me.

Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I love The Slipper and the Rose. Has one of the best soundtracks in the history of musicals!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Courtier

Although not strictly a movie, since it was a mini-series, I found "Fall of Eagles" to be extraordinary as well.

I
Old 04-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Nobility

"Princess" - ABC Family Film

Will any one watch the ABC Family Movie "Princess"???

It's About A guy who falls for a Princess. I know it sounds like deja vu. but it looks like something people could watch with their kids.

It stars Nora Zehetner who once guest starred as "Eden McCain" on Heroes.
Old 04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Courtier

When it will show on air??
Old 04-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Nobility

April 20th 2008, 8pm EST
Old 04-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Royal Highness

It also has "Sunshine" from Remember the Titans-real name Kip Pardue. It looks ok, but I wouldn't expect any awards.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 04-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just wacthed a teaser for the film. It actually looks interesting.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Aristocracy

For historical royal-related movies, I love Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age, despite the obvious historical inaccuracies.

For films portraying modern royalty, I love Roman Holiday and really enjoyed The Queen. And I have a slightly embarassing love for The Prince and Me (not the sequel).
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Although not strictly a movie, since it was a mini-series, I found "Fall of Eagles" to be extraordinary as well.
Fall of Eagles is AMAZING. I was lucky enough to find it cheap on amazon. I also love Edward the King/Seventh. These are both excellent miniseries and you really get a feel for the characters. They're hard to follow when you're not familiar with the families, but if you are, you find yourself laughing when certain characters do certain things or say certain anecdotes.

They don't do royal dramas like these anymore!
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Aristocracy

The Swan

The Swan, with Grace Kelly, Louis Jourdan and Alec Guinness. The movie was filmed before her marriage, of course, like all of them. But it would be impossible nowadays to find such a perfect fairy tale royal princess.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:43 PM

umm...I LIKE THE PRINCE & ME with Julia Stiles.And Nicholas and Alexandra about Tsar Nicholas II's assassination.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Roman Holiday and Sofia Coppola´s Marie Antoinette.
The first was an unforgettable film and I loved Sofia C´s take on the life of the young Marie Antoinette, she made her seem contemporary and more comprehensible, as well as that absolutely stunningly gorgeous wardrobe....
For music "The King and I".
Old 09-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Aristocracy

I also liked movies. I did feel that there wasn't that much of a story in the second one - I didn't like the fact that it ended before the trial. The costumes were stunning and I agree that it was very contemporary and a good film for teenagers.

When I went to see this, a mother and her daughter were in front of me at the ticket office. I felt very sorry for the teenage girl because she wanted to see this movie and the mother wouldn't go. She said that she wouldn't like it because it had pop music in it and she didn't fancy the modernizing of it. She didn't use these exact words but said something similar. I felt like telling her that that was exactly why her daughter wanted to see it!

Also I feel that this movie might be 'cursed' as far as I'm concerned! When I went to see it the projection was all wrong for a while and everyone looked like elephants! I saw it again on DVD later and that was faulty. I hope to buy it, however, in perfect condition!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Courtier

I love Drew Barrymore's Ever After. I love the Cinderella story. I also like Elizabeth portrayed by Cate Blanchett. Actually I love movies based on royalty except for the Prince and Me 2 and 3, not really my cup of tea. I haven't seen The Other Boleyn Girl and The Duchess. Looking forward to watching these 2.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I absolutely loved Sofia Coppola's take on Marie Antoinette. It was both beautiful and interesting. I also loved "The Queen".
Old 10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Nobility

i really enjoyed The Queen,it was a very nice movie , and Hellen Merren was proffesionale . ther is too the prince & Me , Sissi also ag ood movie .
Old 10-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
... Actually I love movies based on royalty except for the Prince and Me 2 and 3, not really my cup of tea...

And I'm just the opposite. I love bad movies based on royalty especially Prince and Me 2! I can't wait to see the 3rd as I am sure it will be a rotten classic.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kerry View Post
And I'm just the opposite. I love bad movies based on royalty especially Prince and Me 2! I can't wait to see the 3rd as I am sure it will be a rotten classic.

Yep, it was. The story and the cheesy lines... I'm just wondering I haven't seen any royal movie other than those portraying the French, Russian and British Royals. Can someone recommend me a movie portraying the Spanish royals as I'm a big fan of the SRF.