The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
It'd be interesting to know whether last year's winner still keeps in contact with the Prince (whoever that was)... I haven't heard anything about her since!
Can't exactly remember her name...well she was on the Hot 30 (on the fox radio station) a couple of times last year.

It sort of gave it away that she (Kylie) was the winner when she gave an interview on Nova 100 (radio station) before the episode finale.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Nobility

This year’s series, just like the last one, was full of rubbish. All of these references to the 'Queen of England' by Burrell, us being shown every cat-fight and confrontation and very very little of what the contestants were taught.
As to the princesses who visited them at the Savoy, one a descendant of Pedro II of Brazil, the other, HH Princess Tamara Czartoryska stating she ws a first cousin of HM King Juan Carlos - a blatant lie! She is descended from a King, the last one dying in 1859 (Ferdinand of the two Sicilies).
So many people are under the impression that the winner shall automatically become engaged to the 'prince', which is in no way true. They merely dance with him at the ball and can be satisfied that they've earned the illustrious title dreamed up by Granada Productions.

Old 01-26-2007, 11:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't really see the point of the show. Paul and Jean and the British guy (can't remember his name) look at the girls in disgrace but when I watch it, i look at the judges in disgrace because their behaviour doesn't impress me at all. The girls impress me more than the snobby cruel judges LOL
Old 01-28-2007, 01:46 AM
Nobility

In which case, you don't see the point do you Australian? It's not the aim of the program to show some highly loving, caring, egalitarian mediated environment, but to show strict adherence to the many absolute rules that exist in the noble and Royal Households of the world. I think (while produced to be understood by the lowest common denominator), the program and the challenges in it are far more suited to the game show that it is, rather than a finishing school etc.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Royal Highness

I don't have cable so I missed "American Princess". It'd be interesting to watch and learn with the contestants, but I have a hard time watching reality tv because I get soooo embarrassed for the contestants who are humiliating themselves in front of the entire nation!

I wonder what her tiara looked like.
Old 01-28-2007, 03:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

At times, the girls are made to do domestic tasks such as cleaning, making tea, raking the leaves etc. A princess would never really have to do this as she would have servants to do it. I don't know why the girls are given tasks that the help would normally do.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:00 AM
Nobility

It is only a silly show created for its (limited) entertainment value and I don't think anyone would take it seriously. Indeed, I am sure no one here believes that Kylie is now engaged to the Prince! I agree that the tasks probably don't reflect the reality of a finishing school - particularly the idea of punishments, such as being made to listen to classical music (?) and raking the lawns. Maybe the judges are suggesting that if you're not good enough to win a challenge, you're only good for servants' work! While I wasn't a particular fan of any of the girls, I didn't much like the behaviour of the judges either. Paul hasn't exactly behaved in a discreet and dignified way after the death of the Princess of Wales; I don't know if he's qualified to tell a bunch of girls how they should be behaving in public. But it is just a show after all, and like all these "vote out the weakest member" programmes, no one would watch if the judges were super nice and and the girls were all best friends!
Old 03-04-2007, 09:20 PM
Gentry

Michael Sapieha

Is Michael Sapieha who takes part in Australian Princess really a Prince ? X
Old 03-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair_r
Is Michael Sapieha who takes part in Australian Princess really a Prince ? X
Yes he is

His royal bloodline is apparently one of the oldest in Europe and were instrumental in shaping the Poland we know today. Consequently, the Sapieha family were granted a principality, and therefore Prince Michael holds the royal title.
Their role as landowners and royal guardians evolved in more recent centuries to one of political and religious influence.
AustralianPrincess - profiles
Old 03-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieLouise
It is only a silly show created for its (limited) entertainment value and I don't think anyone would take it seriously. Indeed, I am sure no one here believes that Kylie is now engaged to the Prince! I agree that the tasks probably don't reflect the reality of a finishing school - particularly the idea of punishments, such as being made to listen to classical music (?) and raking the lawns. Maybe the judges are suggesting that if you're not good enough to win a challenge, you're only good for servants' work! While I wasn't a particular fan of any of the girls, I didn't much like the behaviour of the judges either. Paul hasn't exactly behaved in a discreet and dignified way after the death of the Princess of Wales; I don't know if he's qualified to tell a bunch of girls how they should be behaving in public. But it is just a show after all, and like all these "vote out the weakest member" programmes, no one would watch if the judges were super nice and and the girls were all best friends!
I agree a romance can't be sustained once the participants leave the vacuum of the show. As for the contestants doing servants' work, I would think one would have to know how to do the tasks properly before one could instruct one's staff on how it should be done. As for Paul, he's right there next to Camilla in the line-up of discreet and dignified behavior!
Old 05-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Well it appears that the American version is coming back to TV...
Paul Burrell to launch TV search for an 'American Princess'

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 05-18-2007, 08:45 PM

Oh goodie. More of the "invincible" Paul Burrell. God I'd love to meet him and show him how invincible he'd be with my stilleto up his arse.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Well it appears that the American version is coming back to TV...
Paul Burrell to launch TV search for an 'American Princess'

Didn't they do this same show some years ago on the WE network or on the Oprah network?
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Didn't they do this same show some years ago on the WE network or on the Oprah network?
Yeah it was on WE. I think in 2004- late 2004. I enjoyed watching it. Sometimes I wanted to against a wall, but it was mind numbing tv & a distraction.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
Yeah it was on WE. I think in 2004- late 2004. I enjoyed watching it. Sometimes I wanted to against a wall, but it was mind numbing tv & a distraction.
That's what I thought, Lady Jennifer. I had a chance to see an episode when it was on.

Since LOST ends next Wed, , perhaps I tune into this cheesefest and Pirate Master on CBS.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Get ready. The US version is back on TV soon- August 19th on the WE channel
WE tv - Shows

Old 08-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
Get ready. The US version is back on TV soon- August 19th on the WE channel
WE tv - Shows
Does the American version have the Prince?
Hopefully the new series will start here soon, it's such a good laugh
Old 08-14-2007, 10:47 AM
Courtier

American Princess

WE tv - Shows

Just saw a commercial for this. Does anyone know exactly WHAT title these girls are competing for? The site says it's for a British title, but I don't know how they think they're going to pull that off, unless this is an underhand way to find a new wife for Prince Andrew or the Waleses, since all the other princes are already married, and they're not going to get anything but the Lady title from trying to snag Lord Frederick. Unless they're just saying British because they know that most Americans only know about the Windsors. They could be secretly trying to set them up with...well, what avaliable princes are there in the reigning houses that aren't under the age of 18? I guess there are a few Luxembourg and Liechtenstein princes left, and there's always Amadeo in Belgium

And maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't they have to give up their American citizenship to be given a princess title? Then again, it's probably just some ceremonial fake title that isn't legally binding anyway. These shows crack me up.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:15 AM

I think it suffices to say that that is ridiculous, and also more than a tad embarassing.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Courtier

I think they "purchase" the title for the winner. Just like the Gabor sister who is married to a "Prince". He purchase the title from someone in Germany. He is Prince Von something or another. But he is not really a prince. More like a jerk, but that's another story!