Royalty and Reality TV

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh goodie. More of the "invincible" Paul Burrell. God I'd love to meet him and show him how invincible he'd be with my stilleto up his arse.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Didn't they do this same show some years ago on the WE network or on the Oprah network?
Yeah it was on WE. I think in 2004- late 2004. I enjoyed watching it. Sometimes I wanted to :bang: against a wall, but it was mind numbing tv & a distraction. :lol:

Lady Jennifer said:
Yeah it was on WE. I think in 2004- late 2004. I enjoyed watching it. Sometimes I wanted to :bang: against a wall, but it was mind numbing tv & a distraction. :lol:

That's what I thought, Lady Jennifer. I had a chance to see an episode when it was on.

Since LOST ends next Wed, :cry:, perhaps I tune into this cheesefest and Pirate Master on CBS.

American Princess

WE tv - Shows

Just saw a commercial for this. Does anyone know exactly WHAT title these girls are competing for? The site says it's for a British title, but I don't know how they think they're going to pull that off, unless this is an underhand way to find a new wife for Prince Andrew or the Waleses, since all the other princes are already married, and they're not going to get anything but the Lady title from trying to snag Lord Frederick. Unless they're just saying British because they know that most Americans only know about the Windsors. They could be secretly trying to set them up with...well, what avaliable princes are there in the reigning houses that aren't under the age of 18? I guess there are a few Luxembourg and Liechtenstein princes left, and there's always Amadeo in Belgium :lol:

And maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't they have to give up their American citizenship to be given a princess title? Then again, it's probably just some ceremonial fake title that isn't legally binding anyway. These shows crack me up. :lol:

I think it suffices to say that that is ridiculous, and also more than a tad embarassing.

I think they "purchase" the title for the winner. Just like the Gabor sister who is married to a "Prince". He purchase the title from someone in Germany. He is Prince Von something or another. But he is not really a prince. More like a jerk, but that's another story!:lol:

You have GOT to be kidding.

There's surprisingly few details mentioned on the website. They're certainly not naming any names. If you're looking at British titles, don't forget the House of Hanover. They still style themselves as such.

"The winner will claim a British title, a dance with a real European prince and $50,000 cash."

They also state, "only one lucky winner will live happily ever after."

Uh huh... Good luck doing that on $50,000.

I wonder who the "real European prince" is? I doubt it's going to be any prince from a reigning royal house, but I guess I could be wrong :rolleyes:

They'll probably find a prince from one of the German families (Leiningen, Coburg, etc) or they may try and pull a fast one and get a non-royal prince like the old Russian and Italian princes :lol:

Oh please! Can they never stop? This is ridiculous! I am looking forward to seeing who the "prince" will be.

Oh dear...I didn't even see that Catherine Oxenburg was a judge! I see she's wearing a tiara, but thankfully her bio doesn't mention how she's a "real american princess" too!

I thought there was talk about this show elsewhere. I definately have heard of it before, but I don't have cable tv so it wasn't from there. I'm guessing it was filmed a while ago and they're just broadcasting it now (else it's a new season). I think they did purchase a title and it's probably a lesser title at that. The "Prince Charming" is probably some minor and greatly impoverished prince desperate for a little influx of cold hard cash (the same could be said for the show's "experts"). This show is ridiculous - 12 woman who are willing to be publicly humiliated don't deserve the title of Princess! Even the tips on the website are crap! You can learn more with a trip to the library, reading an etiquette book.

Well, the idea of a princess Crystal or a Princess Letoshua is quite amusing, isn´t it?

odd that they do not mention her filmcareer, she played Diana, married a prince in Dynesty etc

Catherine Oxenberg

Oh dear...I didn't even see that Catherine Oxenburg was a judge! I see she's wearing a tiara, but thankfully her bio doesn't mention how she's a "real american princess" too!

odd that they do not mention her filmcareer, she played Diana, married a prince in Dynesty etc
Catherine Oxenberg
...and daughter of a real Princess, Elisabeth of Yugoslavia, and granddaughter of Princess Olga of Greece, who was the sister of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

.......A native New Yorker, Oxenberg grew up in London where her first Shakespearean acting coach was Richard Burton. He was engaged to her mother, HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia..........

confess to it warren, you did not look at the website did you?;):flowers:

WE tv - Shows

...and daughter of a real Princess, Elisabeth of Yugoslavia, and granddaughter of Princess Olga of Greece, who was the sister of Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent.

Indeed, and the other jurymember is Paul Burrell, who will do anything for a couple of dollars/pounds. Certainly an excellent teacher...:eek:

The title is that of Lady of the Manor of _____. It can be purchased easily by anyone who has a few extra pounds in the bank.

The first American Princess got a Lady of the Manor title, $50,000 and the right to wear a Harry Winston tiara for the night of the ball.

He is hot. Catherine & Casper had a reality show about 3yrs ago (or maybe it was 4) & it was either on WE or on the O channel.
I'll probably watch the show for the cheese factor- just like I did with the first season.
I remember watching her show it also had her husband and their children it as well it was called I married a princess.

Now back to the American princess I know the name of the title of the 2
winner but not the first she recieved the title the Lady Manor of Netherhall.

This is pretty much a grooming show taking people who do not have
good matters or social skills and helping them out in that department.
Yes there was a real prince in the show and he was quite handsome
but I don't remember his name nor what family he descented from.

Anyone know anything about the very handsome Mikush Sapieha who was in this ?

:previous:
See your previous post at #148 and reply at #149.

Australian Ladette to Lady

This evening I watched Australian Ladette to Lady, A Royal Visitor episode.

Dose anyone know who the "Prince" was, was he genuine?? Any help would be appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom