Royal Wedding Videos and DVDs

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DVD of the Weddings of The Three Generations of The Imperial Family of Japan

I've bought one recently. Love it to death!! The pictures are so clear. The most precious has to be the part that features the engagement period (including a press conference) and wedding day of the Empress Michiko. The engagement part is in black & white but the wedding part is in COLOUR!! Tears in my eyes when I saw the radiant Empress Michiko comes out of her home and bowed to her family and got on the car which takes her to the Imperial Palace. Then the Imperial wedding ritual followed by the carriage ride then finally the Imperial couple arrives their palace and so on.

The DVD also features the wedding of Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako, the Prince and Princess Akishino, the Prince and Princess Hitachi, Emperor Hirohito and Empress Kojun, Princess Sayako and Princess Suga (the present Emperor's youngest sister).

The DVD is definitly something precious to keep:wub:

As of today, the second and third second hand of this DVD are able to be sent internationally.

Only one new DVD is available but more is on the way.

I prefer to get it second hand because the shipping fee is only 1200 yen which to me is about 12 Australian dollar. However, if you get it for brand new from Amazon Japan, the shipping fee is about 3300 yen which is about 33 Australian dollars. However the 3300 yen shipping cost is for whatever amount of books you want to buy brand new from Amazon Japan. So hurry for the 2 second hand ones!! Remember only the 2nd and 3rd sellers counting from the top sell to overseas buyers!!

Here is the link Amazon.co.jpFV•i‚¨‚æ‚Ñ’†ŒÃ¤•iF “Vc‰ÆŽO‘ã‚Ì‚²Œ‹¥ ‰i‹v•Û‘¶”Å[DVD]

Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!!:flowers:

In the DVD case, there are two disks. Altogher is about an hour and half.

The language is Japanese with no subtitle.

The boda real of Felipe and Letizia you can watch it completely and free at youtube.

I hope that SVT will release a DVD with Victoria and Daniels wedding - even though i have everything recorded but it´s not in the same quality as a DVD.

But if you are interested in the music from the wedding i can warmly recomend the CD "Bröllopsmusiken från Storkyrkan" The weddingmusic from storkyrkan. It contains all music from the wedding except the piece composed by Benny Andersson - but it has the music played before and after the ceremony that we didn´t get to hear on the tv broadcast. If you live in EU you can buy it at www.cdon.com :
Bröllopsmusiken från Storkyrkan - Various Artists - Music - CDON.COM

"Det Kungliga Bröllopet" - Victoria & Daniel's wedding DVD

I received my copy of "Det Kungliga Bröllopet" DVD today and I already watched it through. I was a bit disappointed in some cuts and speaking over the march while the bridal couple walks out of the church, but otherwise it's a wonderful documentary of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding (June 19, 2010).

Despite of some bad cuts, there was also some pictures that I didn't see in SVT broadcast. For example how they presented Prince Daniel's wedding speech was funny, and completely new to me. The presenter stood up and said to microphone something like "...and now we will get a report straight from the seventh heaven, I will give a word to his royal highness, Prince Daniel". :flowers:

I received my copy of "Det Kungliga Bröllopet" DVD today and I already watched it through. I was a bit disappointed in some cuts and speaking over the march while the bridal couple walks out of the church, but otherwise it's a wonderful documentary of Victoria's and Daniel's wedding (June 19, 2010).

I got my copy on Christmas Eve. After a brief panic when I discovered that while the DVD itself may be region-free, my DVD player is NOT, I was able to watch it on my laptop.

I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by some of the cuts- I thought I was just being picky! :lol: But I agree- overall, it's great. It's such a treat to be able to watch even part of the wedding with English subtitles...

I have a question apparently they cut away when the kiss on the balcony took place, I'm assuming they had more then one camera going at once so I'm wondering any chance we might finally get to see the balcony kiss ...though I doubt it's on there somehow.

Do any of you know if Sverige Online is a good site to order through, especially if you live outside of Europe (I'm in Canada). It has several Swedish royal documentaries, including the one on the wedding itself, that I would like to purchase.

The Swedish American Institute in the U.S. doesn't offer Swedish royal videos through its online shop (or very many wedding products, for that matter). And I can't find anywhere else in North America that sells such items.

http://sverigeonline.se/

The American Swedish Institute Founded in 1929 by Swan J. Turnblad.

There's also the official BBC VHS that was released back in 1982. I have it on dvd little bits are missing but nothing hugely noticeable I'd say it's prob the best official release out there of the wedding. Though of course nothing is better then having the full 3 hours which I also have on dvd.

New DVD: British Royal Weddings Of The 20th Century

Product Description
Throughout the twentieth century, Royal Weddings were events of majestic splendour. People would camp out overnight in the streets of London to get a prime location for the procession the next day. They would gather in their thousands to garner a glimpse of the newly married couple on the balcony of Buckingham Palace. Street parties were held up and down the country in celebration - the extravagance, the splendour, the sheer pomp and pageantry all combined to make for extraordinary scenes of patriotic pride and national unity. In this collection we relive all the major Royal Weddings of the Twentieth Century, seeing them just as the cinema audiences of the time would have experienced them. Join us in a comprehensive and nostalgic look back at some of the most memorable and extraordinary days, in not just royal history, but in the history of Britain. 1922 PRINCESS MARY 1922 LORD MOUNTBATTEN 1923 PRINCE ALBERT wed ELIZABETH BOWES-LYON 1934 DUKE OF KENT weds PRINCESS MARINA OF GREECE 1935 PRINCE HENRY, DUKE OF GLOUCESTER 1947 PRINCESS ELIZABETH weds PRINCE PHILIP 1960 PRINCESS MARGARET weds ANTONY ARMSTRONG-JONES 1961 PRINCE EDWARD DUKE OF KENT weds KATHERINE WORSLEY 1963 PRINCESS ALEXANDRA weds MR ANGUS OGILVY 1972 PRINCE RICHARD (DUKE OF GLOUCESTER) weds BIRGITTE VAN DEURS of DENMARK 1973 PRINCESS ANNE weds MARK PHILLIPS 1981 PRINCE CHARLES weds LADY DIANA SPENCER 1986 PRINCE ANDREW weds SARAH FERGUSON DVD BONUS FEATURES 1949 EARL OF HAREWOOD 1960 LADY PAMELA MOUNTBATTEN and additional silent camera rushes of the major weddings.

Synopsis
ROYAL WEDDINGS are an event of majestic splendour attracting world-wide attention, with street parties held up and down the country in celebration. They are the celebration of extravagance, splendour and pageantry all combined to make extraordinary scenes of patriotic pride and national unity. This DVD is a comprehensive collection of the most memorable days from all major ROYAL WEDDINGS of the TWENTIETH CENTURY. Includes 13 ROYAL WEDDINGS dating from Princess Mary 1922.

DVD Release Date: 4 April 2011

http://www.amazon.co.uk/British-Royal-Weddings-20th-Century/dp/B004N769Y2/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1297945960&sr=1-1

hi karen i have the wedding celebrations video 25min long, produced by highlight international, my brother (employee) purchased copyright of highlights films when the company closed down in 1996.
i would be happy to transfare this to dvd (muliti format) and send you a copy for free.

I ordered my DVD straight from SVT-shop. It took four days, good service.
The DVD is a great memory, quite well done, and that "The report straight from seventh heaven", it was great!

We believe that your wedding day deserves to be recorded and edited to the same professional standards as something that you might see on television; after all, it is one of the most important days of your life and can only be recorded once. wedding films melbourne. This is what we have in mind every single time we produce a wedding video. Your wedding is presented on a professionally produced, custom authored DVD, and sealed in a custom designed case featuring pictures of the bride and groom.

Back
Top Bottom