The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-21-2015, 02:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
. It's all part of the history of the House of Windsor.
I agree but is it really History ? It's more some never ending conjectures, because i guess we'll never know what really happened in the Wales household at this time.
Does it make really a difference if Bolland leaked something and Camilla's secretary not and vice versa. Are we, after all these years, still counting points and arguing over who shot first ?

Old 02-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Serene Highness

I understand what you are saying, Nico, but this issue is of interest to some people who lived through it. They wouldn't produce the programs if no one bothered to watch.

To Nico's point about the purpose of the documentary, did the BBC even mention that Amanda MacManus admitted inadvertently leaking the information to the media? If not, that raises a huge question as to purpose of the documentary.

It would be one thing if they mentioned it but made the argument that MacManus took the fall for Bolland (although I can't understand why she would do so) but not mentioning MacManus at all really brings the BBC's motives into question.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I understand what you are saying, Nico, but this issue is of interest to some people who lived through it. They wouldn't produce the programs if no one bothered to watch.

To Nico's point about the purpose of the documentary, did the BBC even mention that Amanda MacManus admitted inadvertently leaking the information to the media? If not, that raises a huge question as to purpose of the documentary.

It would be one thing if they mentioned it but made the argument that MacManus took the fall for Bolland (although I can't understand why she would do so) but not mentioning MacManus at all really brings the BBC's motives into question.
I didn't hear anything about Amanda. (I could missed something though) I am to young to remember any of the Diana things and all this is kind of news to me. The first I heard of Amanda is in this thread..
Old 02-21-2015, 03:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I didn't hear anything about Amanda. (I could missed something though) I am to young to remember any of the Diana things and all this is kind of news to me. The first I heard of Amanda is in this thread..
Royal Rob stated that no one was fired for the leak, even though MacManus was, which indicates that the BBC didn't mention it. I can't believe the BBC didn't know about MacManus, so that proves the BBC is deliberately slanting a documentary in order to smear Charles. Very interesting and disturbing...
Old 02-21-2015, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

MacManus said she told a trusted third party who then ran to the Sun. Who is the third party?

I guess the BBC didn't mentioned it because the Sun's own reporter who published the story said the information came directly from Bolland
Old 02-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I can't believe the BBC didn't know about MacManus, so that proves the BBC is deliberately slanting a documentary in order to smear Charles. Very interesting and disturbing...
That's my understanting too...
Old 02-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
MacManus said she told a trusted third party who then ran to the Sun. Who is the third party?

I guess the BBC didn't mentioned it because the Sun's own reporter who published the story said the information came directly from Bolland
Could the trusted 3rd party be Bolland?
Old 02-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

I don't understand why it would matter whether MacManus revealed the name or not, it is another side to the story. A fair documentary would have reported it.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Why run this documentary - simple.

As the Queen's reign winds down the press are going to push more and more for Charles to be pressured to step aside - he doesn't 'sell' - but William and Kate do.

The republicans and the press basically disapprove of Charles as a person and as a future King and the anti-Charles media will get stronger and stronger until he accedes to the throne and then they will really try to destroy both him and the institution.

The BBC is more republican than monarchist media outlet so they will continue to push the anti-line.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:56 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Why run this documentary - simple.

As the Queen's reign winds down the press are going to push more and more for Charles to be pressured to step aside - he doesn't 'sell' - but William and Kate do.

The republicans and the press basically disapprove of Charles as a person and as a future King and the anti-Charles media will get stronger and stronger until he accedes to the throne and then they will really try to destroy both him and the institution.

The BBC is more republican than monarchist media outlet so they will continue to push the anti-line.
I do not look forward to this, if truee.....
Old 02-21-2015, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Could the trusted 3rd party be Bolland?
I suppose it is possible but I can't believe that it was a deliberate leak, Bolland is a very well-respected PR professional and the leak did more harm than good.

If Bolland was responsible, it was probably inadvertent--which can happen to the best. For example, Bolland was trying to get a reporter at the Sun to run a positive story on Camilla and during the conversation, let it slip that William had met Camilla.

Of course, that doesn't explain why MacManus took the fall...
Old 02-21-2015, 04:30 PM
Majesty

I just finished watching "Reinventing the Royals". I found that there wasn't a whole lot new, which is what others here are saying. What I did notice, though, with my tendency to notice little details, was Prince Harry's face when he threw the confetti on his father following the marriage to Camilla. He didn't look like he was a well-wisher as much as he looked rather angry--almost like he was settling a score or something. Strange.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:31 PM

Amanda resigned as Camilla's PA as she mentioned the meeting between Camilla and William to her husband and then he told someone else who then went to the Sun with it. She was reinstated by Camilla a few months later and still works for her.

BBC News | UK | Camilla PA resigns
Old 02-21-2015, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I just finished watching "Reinventing the Royals". I found that there wasn't a whole lot new, which is what others here are saying. What I did notice, though, with my tendency to notice little details, was Prince Harry's face when he threw the confetti on his father following the marriage to Camilla. He didn't look like he was a well-wisher as much as he looked rather angry--almost like he was settling a score or something. Strange.
Frankly i couldn't find any anger at all :

From 51:57

Old 02-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Too me he looked more focused than angry. Making sure to hit :P Seemed more like the playful and cheeky Harry than anything else. I wouldn't read to much into it.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

@ Iluvbertie - The BBC is certainly left-wing but they are far from being republican.
In fact the republican pressure group in the UK is their biggest critic. Always complaining of the pro-monarchy slant the corporation takes in the news.
I have no idea whether the BBC supports Charles per se but it definitely supports the institution of monarchy.
The CBC in Canada is the same way. Left-wing but pro monarchy
Old 02-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieanne1 View Post
Amanda resigned as Camilla's PA as she mentioned the meeting between Camilla and William to her husband and then he told someone else who then went to the Sun with it. She was reinstated by Camilla a few months later and still works for her.

BBC News | UK | Camilla PA resigns
Thank you. I've never heard that MacManus was reinstated. The story is very convoluted.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:44 PM
Majesty

It does look different in the clip you posted, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Frankly i couldn't find any anger at all :

From 51:57

Old 02-21-2015, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Thank you. I've never heard that MacManus was reinstated. The story is very convoluted.
If she was reinstated it makes even more sense that she was a patsy and when the waters had been calmed she was quietly reinstated, probably with a nice bonus. :P
Old 02-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If she was reinstated it makes even more sense that she was a patsy and when the waters had been calmed she was quietly reinstated, probably with a nice bonus. :P
I agree but I still don't understand why Bolland would have leaked the news of the meeting in the first place.