The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-20-2015, 05:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I was shocked to learn that paperazzi shouted "Sl*t", "wh*re", "c*nt" etc. to Miss Middleton to provoke her to cry or to get upset: everything for a good picture...

The Princes Charles, William and Harry are right: the media are rats.

:(
I'm not surprised at all. Saw a bit of a documentary. The paparazzi said something like "Aw, she almost fell. That would have been a money shot". And the interviewer asked something like "Is that legal, can you sell those pictures". The answer was "As long as we don't cause it" :O

I want to see this documentary. Where can I find it (non-UK)?

Edit: Never ind, found a youtube clip. I didn't know it would be more parts-....

Old 02-20-2015, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I'm not surprised at all. Saw a bit of a documentary. The paparazzi said something like "Aw, she almost fell. That would have been a money shot". And the interviewer asked something like "Is that legal, can you sell those pictures". The answer was "As long as we don't cause it" :O

I want to see this documentary. Where can I find it (non-UK)?

Edit: Never ind, found a youtube clip. I didn't know it would be more parts-....
I think there are three parts - I've recorded it, but by the sounds of things I'm not sure I will enjoy it!

Old 02-20-2015, 06:08 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I think there are three parts - I've recorded it, but by the sounds of things I'm not sure I will enjoy it!
Ok. I've seen about 20 minutes now and so far it seems well balanced. Showing both sides. But I guess it can get worse :P
Old 02-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I was shocked to learn that paperazzi shouted "Sl*t", "wh*re", "c*nt" etc. to Miss Middleton to provoke her to cry or to get upset: everything for a good picture...

The Princes Charles, William and Harry are right: the media are rats.

:(
Yes, that was done to get her reaction. It was a terrible thing, but I remember Catherine very simply put on a nice smile through it all. No matter how she was treated by the media, she always managed to give a nice smile in the end. Although, many people on the royal forums turned that against her and tried to make it seem like Catherine just loved the attention that came with dating Prince William. Later her jobs were used against her too.

I'm enjoying the documentary already.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Royal Highness

Ok, watched part one. The only person the light falls badly on is that "spin doctor". And maybe that Charles was a little gullible. But I guess if you look for crap on Charles you could spin this documentary into it.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say I enjoyed the documentary and I think it was fair to both sides. The only part that made me feel anything negative towards Prince Charles was the treatment of Sandy Henney.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I have to say I enjoyed the documentary and I think it was fair to both sides. The only part that made me feel anything negative towards Prince Charles was the treatment of Sandy Henney.

And the fact he let his spin doctor set up his sons and brother for his benefit

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 02-20-2015, 07:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
And the fact he let his spin doctor set up his sons and brother for his benefit

I agree. But I think the spin doctor might have the tactic "better ask for forgiveness than permission". I think Charles is more gullible than evil. Also, the press actually get's the short straw so far as well.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Heir Apparent

At best Charles maybe turned a blind eye but the fact he is so hands on leads me to believe that Charles orchestrated the sell out of William and Harry to the tabloid press.

To think this was going on and Charles knew nothing about it doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Charles and Camilla were desperate to gain public acceptance but to do it at the expense of W&H is not right and won't gain either C or C any new fans.

Very unfortunate but does show how ruthless Charles can be to advance his own agenda
Old 02-20-2015, 07:33 AM
Royal Highness

IMO Charles knew exactly what his spin doctor was doing. He's a very smart man and likes to have things his way. You can't blame Bolland for giving him what he wanted that's why he hired him.
I found it very upsetting looking at a young Harry and Will being set up

Old 02-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, that was done to get her reaction. It was a terrible thing, but I remember Catherine very simply put on a nice smile through it all. No matter how she was treated by the media, she always managed to give a nice smile in the end. Although, many people on the royal forums turned that against her and tried to make it seem like Catherine just loved the attention that came with dating Prince William. Later her jobs were used against her too.

I'm enjoying the documentary already.
I think this "concept" of shouting insults to royals to get a reaction is unknown on the Continent. Imagine that someone shouts to the Duchess of Brabant (Princess Elisabeth) or to the Princess of Orange (Princess Catharina-Amalia) words like "c*nt", "sl*t", "wh*re" purely to get someone upset. Im-pos-si-ble. It has really shed a new light on the British press, good Lord, what a rats...

Old 02-20-2015, 07:47 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
At best Charles maybe turned a blind eye but the fact he is so hands on leads me to believe that Charles orchestrated the sell out of William and Harry to the tabloid press.

To think this was going on and Charles knew nothing about it doesn't pass the smell test for me.

Charles and Camilla were desperate to gain public acceptance but to do it at the expense of W&H is not right and won't gain either C or C any new fans.

Very unfortunate but does show how ruthless Charles can be to advance his own agenda
I think he was in on some things. The Camilla/William meeting though, I doubt it.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think he was in on some things. The Camilla/William meeting though, I doubt it.

I think he was well and truly in on that it was pretty clear

Old 02-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I think he was well and truly in on that it was pretty clear

In what way was that "clear"? (I want honest facts, it's not a rhetorical question)
Old 02-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
In what way was that "clear"? (I want honest facts, it's not a rhetorical question)

If you watched it you would have seen how they say there was no other way it could have came out. And as someone posted it doesn't pass the smell test and it's MO so it was Very clear to me

Old 02-20-2015, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If you watched it you would have seen how they say there was no other way it could have came out. And as someone posted it doesn't pass the smell test and it's MO so it was Very clear to me

I think Charles briefed him on the meeting so they knew if they could "use" William as a way for people to accept Camilla. The PR person would need facts to go forward, to choose strategies based on what is being felt inside the family. That doesn't mean he briefed him as a way to get it out there.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:14 AM
Royal Highness

So you agree he used him then ?

Old 02-20-2015, 08:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
So you agree he used him then ?

A little, yes. But not as brutally as the PR-guy (Sorry for never saying his name. Forgets it all the time). And I don't think he was in on the worst things.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

The Princes William and Harry seem to have very warm and close relationships with their father and their stepmother, so we may assume all is well in the family. The much hyped documentary has not shed new light anyway, all what was told was already known.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
A little, yes. But not as brutally as the PR-guy (Sorry for never saying his name. Forgets it all the time). And I don't think he was in on the worst things.

A little,like being a little bit pregnant !!