The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-07-2015, 11:03 PM
Royal Highness

It seems the BBC requested information from the staff during the holiday and expected CH staff to honor their request on such a short notice.

This seem to me the real reason the show was pulled. It was a last minute request by the BBC. CH wanted to review the request and the holidays got in the way. Why did the BBC wait so long to request the information?

Old 01-08-2015, 07:09 AM
Royal Highness

Seems to me more about the name that's what has spooked Charles

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 01-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

BBC royal documentary derailed by Clarence House to be shown uncut in February - Telegraph
Quote:
A BBC documentary on the Royal family that was shelved following an intervention from Clarence House is now likely to be shown uncut in February, it has emerged.

Reinventing the Royals was originally due to be broadcast on January 4, but was pulled after aides of the Prince of Wales expressed concerns about the programme’s content.

The documentary will not be toned down, BBC sources have insisted, and will still include criticism of the Prince of Wales, notably from his former press secretary Sandy Henney, who has given her first broadcast interview.

“The Royal family have been treated with the utmost respect and no, it hasn’t changed,” said a BBC source. “That’s not to say they will like it though.”
Old 01-23-2015, 09:53 PM
Royal Highness

Great news that we get to see the program and see what the palace had a problem with.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Royal Highness

In the U.S. all British imports are edited when they air on PBS to allow 10 minutes of PBS promotion (advertising).
Old 01-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Royal Highness

Bill Clinton's documentary has been shelved indefinitely. Clinton wanted control. It was shelved without the accusations against Clinton that the POW endured.

In 2013, Hillary Clinton's documentary was also shelved.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Royal Highness

I don't see what one has to do with the other. And I don't think poor Charles had to endure much . Andrew took over the news

Old 02-03-2015, 03:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 2h 2 hours ago
BBC documentary on the royals and the media by @steve_hewlett -- delayed before Christmas -- will be broadcast 19th February.

British Royals @britishroyals · 2h 2 hours ago
Reinventing the Royals, the postponed BBC documentary on Prince Charles's former spin doctor, will finally air on Feb 19th, 9pm on BBC2

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Provided none of the material has been edited out, this documentary is more damaging from a PR perspective than Mayer's book.

Not sure if I'll watch it or not. Probably will though
Old 02-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Provided none of the material has been edited out, this documentary is more damaging from a PR perspective than Mayer's book.

I'm going to watch it, but I'm not sure it will reveal anything that's not already known.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent

What is known with royal watchers is different from the general public. The BBC reaches a wide audience
Old 02-03-2015, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

I'll watch it with an open mind. But in any event, I would rather watch a documentary, with real people giving their views than a book of un-namd sources and quotes!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

According to the BBC nothing has been edited.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
I'll watch it with an open mind. But in any event, I would rather watch a documentary, with real people giving their views than a book of un-namd sources and quotes!
If we get to see it here I will already have read the post-morton on here so that could influence whether it is worth watching or not.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Reinventing the Royals: Trailer - BBC Two
Old 02-19-2015, 09:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 4h 4 hours ago
Reinventing the Royals is on BBC Two at 2100 GMT on Thursday 19 and 26 February or catch-up via BBC iPlayer

First family versus fourth estate: the new royal rules-
BBC News - First family versus fourth estate: the new royal rules

Outside of UK Viewers: 9pm Tonight UK Time.
http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=21954

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-19-2015, 03:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do we know when Reinventing the Royals is being aired in America?
Old 02-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't find this documentary interesting at all. For me it was a complete waste of time.

Reinventing the Royals, BBC Two, review: 'a tone of recrimination' - Telegraph

Quote:
For my part, among all the talking-head journalists floating through the film, I cheered Sarah Sands when she chatted to the camera, because I know and like her, and booed when Piers Morgan came on, because I’ve never met him and don’t much want to. What Mr Hewlett, the professor of journalism, did not look at was the overwhelming popularity of the Queen, shown at her Golden Jubilee and Diamond Jubilee; the sober sorrow at the death of the Queen Mother; and a wave of rejoicing at the marriage of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. The deep good sense of the British people trumped every shallow attempt at PR, from the moment that cello string went ping.
TV Review: Reinventing the Royals; Saints and Sinners | The Times

Quote:
The first part of Steve Hewlett’s worth-waiting-for documentary Reinventing the Royals (problems with the palace over footage rights had delayed transmission) told the story of “Operation Mrs PB”, Prince Charles’s campaign to rehabilitate his mistress in the public mind. Its first victory was a remarkably vivid account in The Sun of Prince William’s “private” meeting with Camilla Parker Bowles ten months after his mother’s death: her nerves, her gin and tonic, her sneaky fag beforehand and crucially that they had got on famously. Charlie Rae, whose byline graced the piece, boasted that his source could only have been better had it been William or Camilla themselves. It was, he said when pressed by Hewlett, Charles’s spin doctor, Mark Bolland. Bolland refused to be interviewed but in a statement called this “rubbish”.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:11 AM
Royal Highness

You can watch it on YouTube
I understand why Charles wanted it banned. IMO

Old 02-20-2015, 03:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I was shocked to learn that paperazzi shouted "Sl*t", "wh*re", "c*nt" etc. to Miss Middleton to provoke her to cry or to get upset: everything for a good picture...

The Princes Charles, William and Harry are right: the media are rats.

:(