The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

If it was the royals that made them pull this show it was a pretty silly thing to do because everyone is talking about it anyway. And I agree its nothing new we all knew what was going on and I have heard it all before

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 12-30-2014, 08:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Is it any wonder why he has developed such a close relationship with the Middletons? THEY have maintained his privacy and are very discreet people.
Charles has been a wonderful father to William and Harry, and they are both very close to him.

Old 12-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

This tale is getting confusing - to me at least.

It was made without the co-operation of the BRF. Senior people at the BBC gave the programme the go-ahead. (Q: did they ask for co-operation and it was refused?)

BBC wanted to use archive footage which included bits inside the palace and needed permission. There is "an issue" (no one has explained exactly what it is) and the palace lawyers have said that this needs to be sorted out. (Q: when did they ask?)

The BBC decided to delay transmission on the 30th December for a programme due to be transmitted on 4th January. (Q: issue so great that it couldn't be sorted out in 6 days?)

On the day the decision was made not to transmit on the 4th January, the offical BBC line was "delayed" but the Radio Times put out a negative spin on the whole event.

The media are using words like "pulled" and "shelved" as if it is never going to be transmitted. The BBC are saying postponed/delayed.

So many questions still remain but the biggest one is why did the BBC not go with it? Charles doesnt have actual power over what the BBC transmits.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-30-2014, 09:59 PM
Heir Apparent

According to this article CH declined to cooperate but BP did offer cooperation on the documentary. It suggests Charles's personal interests are at odds with other members of the BRF including Buckingham Palace

Why Prince Charles is at war with the BBC | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-30-2014, 10:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
According to this article CH declined to cooperate but BP did offer cooperation on the documentary. It suggests Charles's personal interests are at odds with other members of the BRF including Buckingham Palace

Really interesting article

Old 12-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Prince Charles is not at war with the BBC. I don't bother to read an article who is written by Richard Kay. Everything he writes is just ridiculous. He don't like Charles and Camilla because he was friends with Diana. Click yourselves into his name in the article, and see what he writes.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Any article by Richard Kay will automatically be anti-Charles as he was Diana's tame reporter and has continued to write negatively about Charles ever since.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh well I guess we all have our own thoughts. Thank goodness we are all different and are free to express those thoughts

Old 12-30-2014, 11:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Again, we already knew about the campaign to restore Charles's image and rehabilitate Camilla's image in the eyes of the public. It seems like the doc won't reveal anything really new, although I want to see it. It's only been delayed, not canceled.

I don't think Charles is at war with the BBC. I'm not going to diss Richard Kay but I don't think Charles and Clarence House could careless about the doc. A documentary has already been made about the campaign.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-31-2014, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Only time will tell on this one.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Serene Highness

In a way I can see why Charles wouldn't want this shown. IMO he feels he and the public have moved on from the 'war of the wales'' and the campaign (and I don't think anyone can or will deny there was a campaign) to get Camilla more publicly accepted. Whilst its all in the past for us I think Charles would very much rather it wasn't shown to bring all that went on in people's minds again.

I have to say to me the whole thing has been blown up into a big issue, I'm sure there will be some in CH wishing they'd just let it be shown.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the BBC saw what happened with The Interview and thought we can do that too. Pulling it gives it more press and maybe more people watch it when it comes out a few days later.

As for William and Harry's involvement in the Camilla PR campaign, did they agree to it beforehand? I can see them getting mad if they didn't know that their meeting of her would be released with the info before. Sort like Harry's trip to drug rehab was used to show what a great father Charles was. The trip could have been done without people knowing about it.

Old 12-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure William & Harry liked the campaign but they knew it was for their father's happiness and they went along with it. I don't agree with, Richard Kay. I don't believe anything was done in disrespecting the late Princess in the months after her passing. She knew that Charles was happy with Camilla, although she may not have liked it, she too wanted to see Charles happy too. Also, Charles and Diana wasn't at odds with each other leading up to her passing.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Serene Highness

I have to say whilst I have a great respect for Charles and Camilla and the work they do I think the PR operations of the late 90s-early 2000s (when in fact Bolland was around) were appalling and very much a case of sacrifice everyone to make Charles and Camilla look good. I think things have been much better since the mid 2000s.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I have to say whilst I have a great respect for Charles and Camilla and the work they do I think the PR operations of the late 90s-early 2000s (when in fact Bolland was around) were appalling and very much a case of sacrifice everyone to make Charles and Camilla look good. I think things have been much better since the mid 2000s.
The PR campaign wasn't pretty but the situation had to change.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-31-2014, 09:49 AM
Serene Highness

Absolutely but to me you don't change it by throwing the rest of your family (inc your sons) under the bus.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

BBC's decision to drop Prince Charles documentary is 'sinister censorship' says MP | Daily Mail Online

at least one sentence is true: now everyone is dying to see it, even those who didnt bother before.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I have to say to me the whole thing has been blown up into a big issue, I'm sure there will be some in CH wishing they'd just let it be shown.
They should not have tried to stop it.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
What exactly is the point of this documentary? There is nothing new in it. I agree with Rudolph, by blocking the release of it, the story becomes bigger than it should be.
And unfortunately it reinforces the perception of Charles as someone who abuses his position as heir to the throne to secure some kind of personal advantage. Meddling with BBC independence fits the pattern seen before in his personal correspondence with government ministers and looks bad for Charles, again.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Shows that the Queen Mother was right to say never explain never complain, if only Charles took that on bored