"The Queen" (2009) - Channel 4 Drama Miniseries on Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skydragon

Imperial Majesty
City
London and Highlands
Country
United Kingdom
Last edited by a moderator:
Her image is everywhere – on the coins in our pockets and the post that drops on to the doormat in the morning.
She is the head of the nation, head of her family and, viewed each day in profile, she remains a two-dimensional Monarch to the vast majority of her subjects.

After 57 years on the throne, few could claim to know or understand Elizabeth Windsor – what makes her laugh, what makes her cross, what makes her tick.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6907868.ece
"Drama reveals Queen's spats with Margaret Thatcher."

"Often blurring the line between fact and fiction, it shows their dealings as a series of confrontations. The Queen dislikes hardly being able to “get a word in edgeways” with her haughty premier, while her consort derides “that bloody grocer’s daughter”.
Thatcher, meanwhile, resents what she sees as royal meddling in the Commonwealth and the miners’ strike."

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched the first episode and I thought it was quite good. Emilia Fox did a goo job as the new, relatively inexperienced Queen imo and the actress who played Margaret was also very good imo.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

I was looking forward to the first episode as Emilia Fox is a wonderful actress. :flowers: Katie McGrath was wonderful as Princess Margaret. :)

I thought it was very well done. Emilia did a very good job.

The second part yesterday was very well done, and informative. The Princess Anne incident was wonderfully portrayed.

The third part is quite irritating. The woman playing PM Margaret Thatcher, annoys me. :)

The second part yesterday was very well done, and informative. The Princess Anne incident was wonderfully portrayed.

The third part is quite irritating. The woman playing PM Margaret Thatcher, annoys me. :)

Agreed, I thought the third episode was certainly not the best. Both Mrs Thatcher and HM were not necessarily portrayed at their best.

I've watched 9 minutes of the 4th episode and already dislike Barbara Flynn and the actresses playing Princess Diana and The Queen Mother.
I could of suggested quite a few other actresses that would have done a better job. :)

I am in the United States and sadly the program isn't boadcasted on any of our channels. Is there a link to watch it online or do you know where I might be able to view the program?

I am in the United States and sadly the program isn't boadcasted on any of our channels. Is there a link to watch it online or do you know where I might be able to view the program?

I don't know if it's possible for you to watch it in the USA but
The Queen - Series 1 - Channel 4
:)

just watching the 5th part.
The Queen is awfully portrayed, the actress is bad. As is the Camilla actress.
They have also changed the actress that plays the QM i think, which is silly,

Just tried the link. The program "isn't available in my area".

Watched the last of the 5 part series last night. All in all, I thought the series was quite well done, though a lot of the actors looked nothing like the characters they were playing making it quite difficult to make the connection.

The BBC was advertising boxed DVD sets on the telly last night, so I am sure they will be available world wide shortly. Alternatuvely, I am sure it will show up oin Youtube at some stage.

Young Bess on TCM

The movie Young Bess, about Elizabeth Tudor's childhood and teen years, will be on Turner Classic Movies Sunday at 6am Eastern Time. Set your DVR if you have one!

I saw this movie a few years ago and it was pretty good. Not totally accurate or the best movie about Elizabeth I, but it was entertaining at least.

It very much romanticizes the whole Thomas Seymour situation, which is a bit creepy.

Back
Top Bottom