The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 08-20-2019, 09:20 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,088
German television documentary ZDF about Queen Letizia, Queen Maxima and Queen Mathilde.
This documentary followed the life of the three queens for 1 year.

The first episode airs this Saturday at 7:25 pm (local time) and is about Queen Letizia.
The other episodes air on August 31 (on Queen Mathilde) and September 7 (on Queen Maxima) at the same time.

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/zdf...anien-100.html

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/dok...lgien-102.html

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/dok...lande-120.html

I really want to see these documentaries.
They should later be available on the ZDF website.

Spanish press news about the documentary:
https://translate.google.pt/translat...ion-alemana%2F

https://translate.google.pt/translat...ajo_2183543%2F

https://translate.google.pt/translat...nia_2184035%2F

Trailer:
https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_es...ion-reina-zdf/
__________________

__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-23-2019, 05:43 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,088
Already on the ZDF website is the complete broadcast of the documentary about Queen Letizia.
https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/zdf...anien-100.html

__________________

__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2019, 01:44 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,538
Thanks, Blog Real.

I watched the docu, admittedly with half an ear, early this morning.
It's a pretty typical of the ZDF royal reports, very positive - even when dealing with more controversial issues involving the royals they happen to portray.
It provides a good overall - safe - portrait of Queen Letizia while downplaying the points where she has and is being criticized.
The episode involving her daughter and mother-in-law outside the cathedral, was here angled as the media being too eager and too willing to blow what was perhaps only a minor spat out of proportions. - IMO the media can indeed be blamed for much, but this episode took place in full public view, so IMO fair is fair: here the press only did their job.

Conclusion:
If you don't know about Queen Letizia, this is a good start.
If you admire Queen Letizia you will love this!
If you already know about Queen Letizia and wish to learn more in-depth details about her, you can safely skip this docu.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2019, 01:52 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,088
I haven't seen the full documentary yet. But from what I've seen it sounds like a good documentary. There are some testimonials from people close to Letizia and this is the part that interests me.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2019, 02:06 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,426
I have just seen it. Unlike usual documentaries from ZDF royal, this one is very realistic and fair and not sugary at all. It highlights the work that Letizia does, the difficulties and challenges she faces as 'modern' Queen, the pressure she has to endure from the media and that she is not beyond dispute in Spain, as well as that her relationship with Queen Sofia is not easy at times (Palma incident). In her job she has to walk a tightrope under a microscope every day.
Although we can see the pictures from her office (they were published before her latest cooperation trip) it is really a pity that the Queen does not give a personal statement, let alone an interview.
It will be interesting to see Maxima, who has all the freedom she needs or Mathilde.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2019, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 5,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I haven't seen the full documentary yet. But from what I've seen it sounds like a good documentary. There are some testimonials from people close to Letizia and this is the part that interests me.
I am more interested in Maxima and Mathilde . I hope ZDF does a better job with them than with Letizia. Do you know when the other documentaries will air ?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2019, 02:13 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,088
I'm very sorry that Queen Letizia has never given an interview. King Philip VI also rarely gives interviews, when he was younger he even gave some but over time gave less and less interviews. King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia also rarely give interviews. In other monarchies it is more common for members of royal families to give interviews.
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2019, 02:14 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lalala, Spain
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks, Blog Real.


The episode involving her daughter and mother-in-law outside the cathedral, was here angled as the media being too eager and too willing to blow what was perhaps only a minor spat out of proportions. - IMO the media can indeed be blamed for much, but this episode took place in full public view, so IMO fair is fair: here the press only did their job.
Ok so I really hated how this episode was covered, which was unquestionably blown out of proportion, it's not even a spat and the Queen received all kind of threats and even a couple of people yelled at her weeks later during an official event, the constant national coverage, the international coverage and nothing even happened....It's completely pointless, absurd and I hate to rehash it but it's not true it happened in front of the press outside the Cathedral.

That absurd moment that doesn't even deserve to be called a incident happened while they were leaving the cathedral and were greeting the people inside.

The press corps was waiting outside, inside the cathedral only Casa Real and the state press agency were allowed, and in fact Leonor and Sofia leave the Cathedral holding hands with their grandma and everyone looks happy and smiling, nothing happened then.

It's only days later when an obscure press outlet that's always publishing absurd news, hoaxes and bald-out lies about the RF notices the moment on the video and publishes it. The press eats it up, it has the great villain of our time (Queen Letizia) and the poor victim (Queen Sofía) and two seconds of grainy footage where absolutely nothing happens. It gets blown out of proportion in a way that will probably haunt poor Letizia her whole life. I mean, people here still gleefully post about how she "interrupted" Felipe during their engagement interview 16 years ago (of course the Spanish press can't still let it go either) and it doesn't matter that it's something that every other wife has done to her "royal" husband. She just doesn't know her place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I have just seen it. Unlike usual documentaries from ZDF royal, this one is very realistic and fair and not sugary at all. It highlights the work that Letizia does, the difficulties and challenges she faces as 'modern' Queen, the pressure she has to endure from the media and that she is not beyond dispute in Spain, as well as that her relationship with Queen Sofia is not easy at times (Palma incident). In her job she has to walk a tightrope under a microscope every day.
Although we can see the pictures from her office (they were published before her latest cooperation trip) it is really a pity that the Queen does not give a personal statement, let alone an interview.
It will be interesting to see Maxima, who has all the freedom she needs or Mathilde.
The Spanish press is making a huge stink about it, most headlines are about how she gave access to a German journalist and blah blah blah when there's literally nothing new to those who follow her here for example. They had no special access and the German journalist (Julia Melchior) says it in every interview, any Spanish company could have done the same.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2019, 02:20 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,426
The docu was kind of official, the german journalist Julia Melchior had access to the agenda of the Queen for over a year. She got the first pictures from the office of the Queen preparing an event, something that was never shown in spanish media before.

A friend of the Queen, Sagrario Ruiz de Apodaca, featured in this docu and spoke of the Palma incident, something Letizia surely authorized beforehand.
She spoke of a mistake the Queen made, she's only human after all, and that she forgot herself in a fracture of a second and made a mistake towards her MIL, something she deeply regretted, given the brutal media backslash that followed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-26-2019, 10:21 AM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,088
The documentary "Profession: Queen" about Queen Mathilde is now available on the ZDF website. It will be broadcast by ZDF on the 31st.
https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/dok...lgien-102.html

The documentary about Queen Maxima is also now available on the ZDF website.
https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/dok...#autoplay=true
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-26-2019, 01:36 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC View Post
Ok so I really hated how this episode was covered, which was unquestionably blown out of proportion, it's not even a spat and the Queen received all kind of threats and even a couple of people yelled at her weeks later during an official event, the constant national coverage, the international coverage and nothing even happened....It's completely pointless, absurd and I hate to rehash it but it's not true it happened in front of the press outside the Cathedral.

That absurd moment that doesn't even deserve to be called a incident happened while they were leaving the cathedral and were greeting the people inside.

The press corps was waiting outside, inside the cathedral only Casa Real and the state press agency were allowed, and in fact Leonor and Sofia leave the Cathedral holding hands with their grandma and everyone looks happy and smiling, nothing happened then.

It's only days later when an obscure press outlet that's always publishing absurd news, hoaxes and bald-out lies about the RF notices the moment on the video and publishes it. The press eats it up, it has the great villain of our time (Queen Letizia) and the poor victim (Queen Sofía) and two seconds of grainy footage where absolutely nothing happens. It gets blown out of proportion in a way that will probably haunt poor Letizia her whole life. I mean, people here still gleefully post about how she "interrupted" Felipe during their engagement interview 16 years ago (of course the Spanish press can't still let it go either) and it doesn't matter that it's something that every other wife has done to her "royal" husband. She just doesn't know her place
Well, whether it was blown out of proportion or not, it sure got a lot of attention at the time! Just look at the thread here on TRF. I don't know how many pages was devoted to that episode.
Anyway, this ZDF docu would have lost all credibility had it not covered it. And they chose to cover it from as positive angle as possible. I don't think the SRF can be displeased with ZDF on that account.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-26-2019, 01:42 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 3,088

Obviously ZDF could not ignore this event. Much has been said about this, but today I think it is already outdated. But that was serious, it was and should not have happened.
I think the two Queens have already passed this ...
__________________
My blogs about monarchies
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-31-2019, 01:58 PM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,281
Don't forget to watch today's episode which is about Queen Mathilde of the Belgians. The Official Instagram of the Belgian RF also posted it:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B11bi74oQ-u/


ZDF Link:

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/dok...lgien-102.html
__________________
'Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.'
~ Chinua Achebe


The Royal Fly®️
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-31-2019, 02:44 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,640
Not only Queen Mathide but also Queen Paola.
Nothing new , interviews translated in german , disappointed.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-01-2019, 04:38 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 20,799


The Queen actually gave the documentary maker a personal tour of the Royal Palace. She even praised her husband's painting skills when she was showing the interviewer a drawing made by King Leopold I. That was more involvement from the Belgian court than any of the other two Queens showed perhaps.
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-03-2019, 01:43 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 23,870
Its the 1st time I've heard Queen Mathide speak and she has such a soft almost queenly voice.
__________________

September 14th ,1982 :Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-03-2019, 05:15 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,640
the Queen did not a personal tour in the Royal Palace but stayed in a Room which is private . Because of ZDF she showed our first King Leopold I , born german Prince.
She did not speak one word of german and it is one of our official languages.

I wonder if they will show this in Belgium as Place Royale (french TV )and Royalty(dutch TV) are cancelled.

I preferred Queen Letizia Documentary because She is a modern Queen.

I am looking forward Maxima's on September 7th .
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-2019, 12:04 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 13,426
All 3 Queens are very different women and have different circumstances. They are all extremely professional and have a hard job. Like Spain, Belgium is a difficult country but even though Mathilde has to walk on eggshells on many issues, she seems to have more freedom to do her job and is by far not being triviallized by the tabloid press like Letizia. She has the 'oldest' style of them but it works very well for her.
I guess soon we'll see that Maxima has kind of the easiest ride with the most freedom in her agenda and personality.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-04-2019, 04:20 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 23,870
I think the Belgians are blessed to have a wonderful queen like Mathilde a consort who has natural regality with modern touch.
__________________

September 14th ,1982 :Death of HSH Princess Grace of Monaco
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-05-2019, 02:52 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 20,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
the Queen did not a personal tour in the Royal Palace but stayed in a Room which is private . Because of ZDF she showed our first King Leopold I , born german Prince.
She did not speak one word of german and it is one of our official languages.

I wonder if they will show this in Belgium as Place Royale (french TV )and Royalty(dutch TV) are cancelled.

I preferred Queen Letizia Documentary because She is a modern Queen.

I am looking forward Maxima's on September 7th .
Yes I also noted that she did not speak a word in German. But I am quite sure that nobody in my own RF speaks Frisian and I doubt the Queen of Spain speaks Catalan, Basque or Galician.

I was surprised they showed the anti-bullying video that the Queen made. When it was posted I only remember that many were wondering if it was a parody.

Are Place Royale and VTM's Royalty cancelled for good or just for the summer?
__________________

__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Majestät!" (2006) - ZDF Documentary on Royal Families biathlon22 The Electronic Domain 56 09-20-2018 04:06 PM
"The Secret Queen" (2013)- ZDF Documentary about Crown Princess Mary of Denmark Kit The Electronic Domain 23 12-08-2013 03:53 AM




Popular Tags
alqasimi aristocracy armenia belgian belgian royal family birthday celebration bracelets charles of wales countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein's future wife current events cyprus denmark discussão duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex earl of wessex felipe vi french revolution future future wife of prince hussein genealogy general news germany hamdan bin mohammed headship lady louise mountbatten-windsor letter lineage lithuania lithuanian palaces meghan markle mohammed vi monaco christening monarchist monogram mountbatten naples nelson mandela bay netflix official visit patron potential areas prince aymeric prince harry prince nicholas prince of wales prince peter princess benedikte princess eugenie princess louise princess margaret princess royal qe2 queen paola romanov family royal children savoy saxony siblings south korea spain spanish royal state visit state visit to denmark united kingdom windy city



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:58 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises