"Profession: Queen" in ZDF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The recent Easter Sunday Mass incident between the 2 queens was exactly the smoking gun the media were looking for after many years of rumours of bad blood between Letizia and members of the SRF and they came at her full throttle with social media Princess Marie Chantal and Letizia's delightful aunt Henar not helping matters either.

Max and Mat have had a disney land ride compared to Letizia.

I think in the early years Letizia was popular. Maybe in the first three or four years. I personally always liked Letizia more than Maxima.
Maybe Letizia is apparently colder showing her emotions, but I think she never did anything wrong.
Letizia educates her daughters well and does a good job as a queen. And it's very professional. The criticisms are unfair.

Last edited:
Dear Marengo, german is our official language. The day the late King Baudouin died it was written in his agenda : Ce soir je dois étudier mon allemand ".

Place Royale and Royalty cancelled defintively such as Luxarazzi for Luxembourg and Liechtenstein.!

We have to look your "Blauw Bloed ". MO

Why were Place Royale and Royalty canceled?

Was seen mostly by old people, who passed away . No interest for young people !

Letizia's big problem was that from the first moment she became the most beneficial character for a type of press whose main job is to criticize and destroy people. A press that generates audiences with criticism and scandal and to which it is not interesting to sell anything positive ... and in the end with that machinery, together with Internet and the character of Spanish people ... it is impossible to fight. The image of a public character is created by the media, and many times that image is something superficial that responds to certain interests... really few people have interest to know more.

If from the beginning the Royal House had put a limit on that, things would have been different ... but Juan Carlos had his particular agreement with the press, and while he was still being protected, the press needed a victim. They have won a lot of money with Letizia ... and as in Spain the Royal House does not complaint, as there are no codes to control the press ...

Now it's definitely late, and probably only time will put things in place.

Even Julia Melchior, the German journalist who made the documentary has made statements surprised by the attitude of the Spanish press.

"That is my observation: I see that the Spanish media are very critical of the Queen. The difference between them and us is that they don't stay long either because they have another reason: they come, take the picture and leave. But we stay and watch her, for example, chatting with people with rare diseases and it opens your heart to see the time she spends with those people, how it affects her ..."

"I think that has to do with the passionate Spanish character: you are very Goya, very white or black. In addition, she is compared a lot with Queen Sofia when her challenges are more complicated today with the challenges of the Internet and social networks ... Someone in the documentary says that they have to let her do it and that she will do it very well. And this is what I am trying to count on this program: you have to criticize her less and let her do more because she can change the world a little for good."

"And the Germans, how do they see Letizia?
Cold and distant, like the Spaniards, because the German press copies what the Spanish writes. She has a perfect image, very cute and a little distant. We, with all the hours that we have 'spied on', have discovered a very human person that does not correspond to the image of her."

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...julia-melchior-documental-entrevista_2184035/

Mathilde is the 1st Belgian-born queen consort and also from the Belgian nobility and not from a foreign royal or noble house,her family had some personal family tragedies and live mainly out of the limelight .

Last edited:
I think there are other factors too that go beyond Letizia's personality. Many Spanish royalists are very conservative/traditionalist and they don't accept/forgive Letizia because:

1. She was divorced and was rumored to be a republican and an atheist , and to have had an abortion (which was never proven BTW, but shows up a lot on social media).
  2. She is a plebeian who comes from a low middle-class family (her grandfather was a taxi driver etc.. That shows up a lot too on social media).

Believe it or not, but, even in 2019, many Spanish traditionalists would still prefer Felipe to have married a foreign princess like his mother even if it was not a love marriage and Felipe ended up having extramarital affairs as his father did.

Letizia's big problem was that from the first moment she became the most beneficial character for a type of press whose main job is to criticize and destroy people. A press that generates audiences with criticism and scandal and to which it is not interesting to sell anything positive ... and in the end with that machinery, together with Internet and the character of Spanish people ... it is impossible to fight. The image of a public character is created by the media, and many times that image is something superficial that responds to certain interests... really few people have interest to know more.

If from the beginning the Royal House had put a limit on that, things would have been different ... but Juan Carlos had his particular agreement with the press, and while he was still being protected, the press needed a victim. They have won a lot of money with Letizia ... and as in Spain the Royal House does not complaint, as there are no codes to control the press ...

Now it's definitely late, and probably only time will put things in place.

Even Julia Melchior, the German journalist who made the documentary has made statements surprised by the attitude of the Spanish press.

"That is my observation: I see that the Spanish media are very critical of the Queen. The difference between them and us is that they don't stay long either because they have another reason: they come, take the picture and leave. But we stay and watch her, for example, chatting with people with rare diseases and it opens your heart to see the time she spends with those people, how it affects her ..."

"I think that has to do with the passionate Spanish character: you are very Goya, very white or black. In addition, she is compared a lot with Queen Sofia when her challenges are more complicated today with the challenges of the Internet and social networks ... Someone in the documentary says that they have to let her do it and that she will do it very well. And this is what I am trying to count on this program: you have to criticize her less and let her do more because she can change the world a little for good."

"And the Germans, how do they see Letizia?
Cold and distant, like the Spaniards, because the German press copies what the Spanish writes. She has a perfect image, very cute and a little distant. We, with all the hours that we have 'spied on', have discovered a very human person that does not correspond to the image of her."

https://www.vanitatis.elconfidencia...julia-melchior-documental-entrevista_2184035/
I think the personality change did not help, she went from animated and outspoken on engagement day (obviously her true character) to silent and subdued, like a smiling robot without agenda for many years. Many people got the feeling that she is only playing a role to please and the true Letizia is a different Person = fake. Even today, there is often a feeling that she is going through the motions, doing her job, the smile does not come from the heart.
The press had it easy portraying Letizia as cold or arrogant as she has a serious/professional face, extremely controlled. For example, even if the Dutch or swedish press tried to portray Maxima or Victoria as cold or distant, no chance, because their facial expressions clearly tell they are not. From early on, people suggested that Letizia was sad.
I think it was a very big mistake of casa real not to allow her to remain authentic and develop her role.

With regard to the German tabloid press, Letizia rarely makes headlines here. German royal press, we have like 10 magazines, focuses on the BRF, a league of their own anyway, and the swedish Royals because of the German Queen Silvia. Most people dont know Letizia and are not interested apart from major headlines as the War or the queens in Palma, so yes, its not positive but there is no campaign etc like in Spain.

I guess time will tell if Letizia becomes popular at some point, maybe when the focus will shift to her young and beautiful daughters.

Last edited:
Would queen Sofia not be known in Germany with her German Hanoverian roots? :previous:

No, not really. But on the few occasions there is a story she features, she is being portrayed as a mother in law you dont really want to have. And that Felipe is and has always been a mama's boy. But Letizia made her bed and has to lie in it.who knows, maybe this is not so far from the truth.

Oh dear the German tabloid media sound much worse than their Spanish counterparts.

Compared to other Queens, Letizia is always on the headline for her style and beauty, her fashion choices and such and we are talking about international media as a whole. She is not a typical Queen who is only all talks and laughs. She might not come across to you as very friendly but that's who she is and she's not afraid to let it out in the open. One more thing, amongst all other Queen, I think she is very smart.

The issue in Palma is just one bump on the road and I have less expectations for Germans to like Letizia.

Queen Mathilde:

Queen Máxima:

Did Letizias video ever get released? I enjoyed maximas and would like to see L’s. I can’t seem to find the link anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom