Old 10-30-2018, 10:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

"Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70" (2018) - BBC One Documentary

Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70 BBC One Documentary- November 8th 2018
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06q8cpt

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-30-2018, 11:54 PM
Majesty

Gosh. I will look out for that one turning up on Aussie TV. Thanks, Dman!

Old 11-08-2018, 03:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

'I will NOT be a meddling monarch... I'm not that stupid': Charles gives extraordinary TV interview on eve of his 70th birthday as his family open up about what he is REALLY like.

Quote:
In a major documentary to mark his 70th birthday next week, the heir to the throne tackles head-on the issue of his controversial lobbying.

And he vows to stop campaigning on the environment, architecture and homeopathy as king, insisting: 'I'm not that stupid.'

Speaking for the first – and, aides insist, last – time on a subject that has dogged much of his time as Prince of Wales he says: 'I do realise it is a separate exercise being sovereign. So of course I understand entirely how that should operate.
The REAL Prince Charles: Future King is a workaholic and I wish he could spend more time with his grandchildren (who he loves crawling around with) reveals doting son William.

Quote:
The REAL Prince Charles: Future King is a workaholic and I wish he could spend more time with his grandchildren (who he loves crawling around with) reveals doting son William
  • Charles is so dedicated to his work, his sons say he sometimes falls asleep with documents he is reading stuck to his face
  • William would like to have more ‘family time’ with his hard-working father
  • Harry reveals his father is 'a stickler for turning lights off' - and now Harry and William are both obsessed with turning light switches off too
  • Camilla says of Charles one day becoming King: 'I think his destiny will come, he’s always known it’s going to come'
I'm so proud of how he stepped in to walk Meghan down the aisle, says Harry as he and William give candid interview about their relationship with their father:

Quote:
I'm so proud of how he stepped in to walk Meghan down the aisle, says Harry as he and William give candid interview about their relationship with their father
When it was clear Meghan wouldn’t have her reclusive father Thomas Markle to support her on her big day, Harry went to his
Harry: 'He’s our father so of course he’s going to be there for us'
William: 'I want to be my own man and take my own style... It’s important that each generation does things a little bit differently’
I feel this is going to be a beautiful documentary, that finally shows Charles how we have all seen him.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is excellent that the 'Man himself' has finally made it crystal clear that he will abide by the parameters of Kingship, and cede the role of 'campaigner Prince[s] so his Sons, when the time comes..

It is a pity tho' that clarification of the Title and role of his wife [when he accedes] wasn't given in the same interview...
Old 11-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

The documentary airs tonight on BBC One at 9pm:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0br9x0l

Outside UK Viewership-
https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/Unit...dom/BBC-One--4

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
It is excellent that the 'Man himself' has finally made it crystal clear that he will abide by the parameters of Kingship, and cede the role of 'campaigner Prince[s] so his Sons, when the time comes..

It is a pity tho' that clarification of the Title and role of his wife [when he accedes] wasn't given in the same interview...
why would he do that?
Old 11-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
why would he do that?
Because it would be, i guess, the good timing and kill for good any more useless speculations ...
Old 11-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe that he would do any such thing. if a decision has been made as rto what titlte Camilla will take, I'd say they will sit on an announcement until it is necessary.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm with Denville on this one. When the time comes, it'll be stated as fact and that will be that. Why announce something in advance that would just lead the media to have a feeding frenzy about Camilla's title when the focus of the documentary is Charles at 70?
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 11-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm with Denville on this one. When the time comes, it'll be stated as fact and that will be that. Why announce something in advance that would just lead the media to have a feeding frenzy about Camilla's title when the focus of the documentary is Charles at 70?
Precisely. THey may not even have a made a decision but will take soundings of the public mood... as the queen gets older. I think that in the past year or so Charles has fallen back a little bit in popularity, as his sons grow older, get married etc, and are seen as becoming mature members of the family.
and last year the 20th Anniversary of Diana's death, caused a certain cool reaction to him... To make some remark about Camill'as title will just set off the people who feel that he shouldn't be King or she should nto be queen...
Old 11-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Commoner

It's lovely to see how fondly William and Harry speak about their father. Especially when they were talking about things that normal families can identify with, the litter picking and the arguments about the lights. I also like how Charles, when he was discussing how he wouldn't interfere as much when he is King that he is not stupid and knows what it means to be a monarch. I particularly like the quote "I understand entirely how that should operate". I don't think anyone has ever been so prepared to do a job!
Old 11-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Nobility

The doting grandfather
Old 11-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Majesty

Old 11-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

A very interesting documentary. Especially nice to hear Camilla talk about 'my husband'; and Charles himself about how different the positions of heir and sovereign are.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Thank you for the link. Prince Charles is criminally underrated. I have no skin in the game per say, but if I were British I would want a leader, figurehead, that cares about the welfare of the people rather than simply take up space. Prince Charles is clearly well-versed and well read on much of what he advocates. And very much ahead of his time.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:18 PM
Courtier

Thank you Rudolph, thoroughly enjoyed that !!!
Old 11-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you so much Rudolph! What an enjoyable and thoroughly fantastic program to watch! I willingly admit that I was not always a fan of Prince Charles but that has completely changed since I saw the tremendous support that he has given to Meghan and her mother.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks Rudolph!!! It is a delightful and heartwarming documentary!!!
Old 11-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Thank you so much for posting this! Such a delight to watch; vive le prince de Galles!
Old 11-09-2018, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Wonderful documentary. Loved the interviews of Charles, William, Harry and Camilla. So much insight into how hard Charles work, his family life and how he set the record straight on how he will conduct his role as sovereign.

I also love the way he finds ways to employ people, young and older, in worthy jobs. Something politicians for some odd reason find hard to do. Perhaps he can give many of our elected officials in America some advice. Invest in people and businesses and people will get back to work and the economic benefits will take care of itself. Good work, Charles!

I’m always saying that we need to see some behind the scenes of the royals day to day working lives, and this documentary for his 70th did just that. Brilliant!

A.W. TOZER