"Prince, Son and Heir: Charles at 70" (2018) - BBC One Documentary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What struck me was how much the Prince looked like his great-uncle Edward, The Duke of Windsor, at similar age.

I've seen boyhood pics of Prince Andrew (father of Prince Phillip) and they are very very like Harry as well.

LaRae

For Charles, William and Harry will always be his dearest boys, even when he will be in his father's current age and they both over sixty.

Wow, congratualtions, Osipi! Not everyone is so lucky to meet their great-grandchild!
But Charles is their father and Charles isnt on this thread. He can call them his boys because they are.

I don't think anyone particularly looks like the Duke of Windsor, but as he ages Harry looks more and more like his father. Makes me wish certain journalists were forced to issue a public apology for certain lies they championed.

As we were discussing the new documentary on Prince Charles 'Son & Heir' and making reference to past portrayals, I came across a previous documentary (see below) which brought out some of the bad press Charles received during the 1980s and 1990s in particular.

The below documentary also provides an overview of Prince Charles' upbringing with inclusion of some particularly funny b&w film clips of Charles in school drama skits. There's a hilarious bit with Charles and another guy making a short comedy film in which Charles is being trained to be a pilot and he speaks in a squeaky, sissy-like voice. Really funny stuff. I wonder whether Charles' sons have seen any of the comedy/drama footage of Charles at Cambridge, and the funny short film Charles appeared in sometime after he left Cambridge. Apparently, Charles enjoyed acting, and he's an excellent mimic, with a facility for doing different voices. He possibly could have made a career in acting, had he not been a British royal and a king-in-waiting.

Perhaps Prince Charles and Meghan struck it off well when they met in part because they have acting and creative interests in common, and they are both very bright, articulate individuals. The documentary points out that Diana was simply not Charles' intellectual equal. I think it's more that Diana had different interests entirely and she was too young, and they were both too emotionally needy, and above all, Charles was in love with someone else. Camilla is less needy emotionally and she has a more 'mothering' dynamic to her relationship with Charles. However, I don't think Camilla is much of an intellectual on Charles' level either, but she is very savvy about personal interactions generally, and she's Charles' age, and she gives him a lot of understanding and emotional support.

In fact, Prince Charles is now very happy in his private life, which has made his latter years more mellow. The below documentary is also interesting for it's descrition of Charles' relationship with his mentor, Laurens van der Post:

Last edited:
But Charles is their father and Charles isnt on this thread. He can call them his boys because they are.

I don't think anyone particularly looks like the Duke of Windsor, but as he ages Harry looks more and more like his father. Makes me wish certain journalists were forced to issue a public apology for certain lies they championed.
I cn't see that Charles looks at all like the DOW, but I don't think that Harry looks much like Charles. as for your last sentence.. what journalists? What lies?

I cn't see that Charles looks at all like the DOW, but I don't think that Harry looks much like Charles. as for your last sentence.. what journalists? What lies?

It was suggested by some of the press that PC wasn't Harry's father ?

I think Harry does have a bit of a resemblance to Prince Charles, particularly in the shape and set of his eyes and nose (which in turn Prince Charles likely inherits from Prince Philip). The hugest difference between Charles and Harry is their coloring. And I think both Harry and William take after Diana in their long, slim legs, and in their coloring.

It's pretty well known (particularly among the royals) that Diana PofW did not meet James Hewitt until two years after Prince Harry was born. The suggestion that Harry is not PC's son is simply a nasty, petty rumor that everyone with any importance among or to the royals, knows is not true.

Last edited:
There was an old photo of Charles I saw either earlier this year or late year where the PoW was on his horse in his younger days. He looked like a darker version of Harry in that pic.

Back
Top Bottom