The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

"Our Queen" ITV 17 March 2013 [in depth portrait of EIIR during Diamond Jubilee year]

ITV Broadcasting have made a two hour documentary on the Queen, which is due to be broadcast this month.

ITV to show landmark documentary on the Queen

ITV Press Release:
ITV to show landmark documentary on The Queen

ITV is pleased to announce the forthcoming broadcast of Our Queen, a landmark, in-depth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II during one of the most momentous years of her reign.

The new 1x120 documentary film has been filmed with unique access during the Diamond Jubilee year to members of the Royal Family, to Her Majesty's staff - some talking for the first time - to her Prime Ministers and to her residences.

Made by the award-winning producer-director, Michael Waldman, and the best-selling royal author and writer, Robert Hardman, for Oxford Film and Television, Our Queen follows the Jubilee from the inside. It also explores the modern Monarchy, delivering an insight into the way the world’s most famous woman leads the world’s best-known royal house, how she balances tradition with modernisation, and how her level of public affection is maintained amid the ever-changing political and social landscape of her reign.

Filmed throughout 2012, this observational two-hour documentary is a study of leadership, judgement and character, set against the spectacular pageantry of the Diamond Jubilee year, which sets out to provide a close perspective of Our Queen and what she means to Britain and the world.

Our Queen was ordered by ITV's Factual Commissioning Team. Jo Clinton-Davis, Controller of Popular Factual, said: "This is a landmark documentary covering an exceptional year in the life of the Queen and we are delighted to be able to broadcast it on ITV later this year."

Nicolas Kent, Creative Director, Oxford Film and Television, and Executive Producer for Our Queen, said: "We've been enormously fortunate. When we set out to make a film about the special relationship between the Queen and the British people, we didn't anticipate that the combination of the Jubilee and the Olympics would make this such a momentous year for the monarchy and the country.”

The Queen behind the scenes: The Mail's Robert Hardman was given unique access to follow Her Majesty | Mail Online

Interesting that Sophie gives an interview for the documentary... I look forward to this documentary.

Ps. Mods, sorry if this in the wrong place. Please move it if necessary.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
Courtier

OMG I can't sounds interesting.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Majesty

I do enjoy these documentaries because it give a pretty good insight in the working lives of the royal family. I love the behind the scenes stuff. Looking forward to this doc.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:04 AM
Gentry

so curious to see it! so if it's not in the current itv guide (going till march 11), it will not be inserted, will it? so i only have to check after that date?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm looking forward to this documentary! I've always liked documentaries about the RF, as I think that they're very interesting and I also learn quite a bit of information from them. It's also nice to see the Countess of Wessex featuring, I haven't heard her speak yet so this will be a treat. Thanks for informing us about the documentary, I'll defiantly be tuning in!
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie sounds really posh HereditaryPrincess, and her voice has changed since she married. Nice of her to speak about her mother-in-law though.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Sophie sounds really posh HereditaryPrincess, and her voice has changed since she married. Nice of her to speak about her mother-in-law though.
Thanks for giving me an idea of what Sophie sounds like, Molly.

Out of the Wessex family I've only heard Edward speak, and that was also in a documentary about HM.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Thanks for giving me an idea of what Sophie sounds like, Molly.

Out of the Wessex family I've only heard Edward speak, and that was also in a documentary about HM.
somebody recently posted a video spoken by her in one of the Wessex' threads Countess _of_Wessex_HD on Vimeo
Old 03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

You can hear a little bit Sophie speaking at about the 4:30 mark in this touching excerpt of Monarchy: The Royal Family at Work, which was made in 2007:

Old 03-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Courtier

Is there any chance of this being shown in the US?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Thank you both for the videos- Sophie sounds lovely. I'm looking forward into seeing her in this documentary.
Join my new group!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

In Sophie's video for National Autistic Society she sounds really posh, but she has kind of always sounded posh. Likely changed her accent meeting Edward to "fit in".
Old 03-07-2013, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
In Sophie's video for National Autistic Society she sounds really posh, but she has kind of always sounded posh. Likely changed her accent meeting Edward to "fit in".
I agree- I think that in some parts of the video, she sounded a bit like HM did when she was younger.
Join my new group!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Administrator

"The Queen" 2 hour documentary will be shown in Britain at 8pm, Sunday 17 March

according to MailOnline
Old 03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Is there any chance of this being shown in the US?
One can pre-order it already at "Our Queen" Our Queen (DVD) at BBC Shop

Amazon UK certainly in a few days will sell it as well.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Courtier

Guys how long will it take to come on Youtube, in full?
I cant watch it in TV..
Old 03-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Majesty

I will try to watch it from this site:
TVPC.com - Channel List

I'm sure someone will upload it to YouTube later on.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Some more pictures from Sunday's documentary in this article. It seems HM's private sitting room is a tad untidy, which makes me feel less guilty about mine. Her little ceramic corgis on her desk are so sweet.

Note also that HM apparently reads 'Majesty' magazine, which must have thrilled everyone involved with it. She doesn't appear to have the Daily Mail on her reading list, however, a fact the DM failed to point out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-retreat.html
Old 03-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Videos:
Rare access to the Queen in Jubilee year & Filming Queen documentary was 'privileged experience':
Royal - ITV News

Video Preview:
Queen documentary goes behind the scenes during Jubilee
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21783843
Old 03-14-2013, 02:31 PM
Administrator

The cushion
Thumbnail cropped from larger image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cushion 1.jpg
Views:	63