The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2013, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really love that cushion

Old 03-15-2013, 08:37 AM
Aristocracy

I am probably going to end up missing this on Sunday. I really hope someone gets to upload it.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Majesty

In The Documentary:
Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner
William and Kate tell boxer Anthony Ogogo they rarely finish a game of scrabble because one of them slams the box shut in a mood.

Countess of Wessex says it is "terrifying" whenever she goes into Buck Palace ballroom for state dinners. Has sat in the wrong seat before. Sophie adds: "I'll never forget the look I got (from Queen) when I couldn't find my chair and she was waiting to start her speech."

Queen always signs official invites to state visits: "I am your good friend, Elizabeth R"

Lord Salisbury tells ITV Queen doc one potential donor to Jubilee River Pageant asked for a peerage. Was told where to go.

Prince Charles's view of 2012 in ITV Queen documentary: It hasn't been a bad year for old blighty!

Queen loves to hide microphones in flowers during state dinners so her guests can't see them when they make speeches.
She says: "They're always mystified when I say 'It's perfectly alright, just speak'."
Old 03-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Majesty

'Our Queen' can be watched at 8pm UK time here:
tvpc.com - ITV-1
Old 03-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The show is fantastic so far, the amount of video of royals all together is amazing!
Old 03-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Royal Highness

Gonna catch it at another time, it sounds very exciting.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Gonna catch it at another time, it sounds very exciting.
Interviews with other Monarchs have been my favourite so far.

Sophie so does not sound like I thought she would, she has a much deeper voice.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

I thought that too Lumutqueen. Sophie does sound very posh though.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:11 PM
Majesty

I'm too enjoying the documentary. Very nice to see the reception with the PM's.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I thought that too Lumutqueen. Sophie does sound very posh though.
I didn't think she sounded very posh - the Queen sounds very posh to me.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Shocked to find out that royals aren't told where they're seated so they have to look for their seat. Sophie just described a situation where she couldn't find her seat and The Queen was staring at her to sit down!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

And Sophie says that she will read her notes better in future

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Buckingham Palace shower hat anyone, £6.95? Tea towel for £8.95?

Would never have guessed that was a door!

Margrethe also sounds nothing like I imagined, and I simply love her take on the Olympic jump.

Loved hearing bagpipes in PNG.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
'Our Queen' can be watched at 8pm UK time here:
tvpc.com - ITV-1
As usual thank you so much Dman to provide all these links for us abroad. I enjoyed this documentary very much.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Yes, I think it's very helpful to make sure you read the notes ahead of the State Banquets. Very nice of Sophie to tell that story. I'm sure Catherine will have to read the notes too when she attends the State Banquets for the first time.

Queen Margarethe of Denmark seemed very happy to talk about her cousin, The Queen. She shared in the surprise and excitement over The Queen's Bond Jump at the Olympics Ceremony. I also liked when Queen Margarethe mentioned that you have to be dedicated as the Monarch or else the job wouldn't work.

Charles was very funny on describing when he, The Queen and Camilla was closed up in the wooden box at the Jubilee Concert. They had no idea what was going on when the loud noise started during the fireworks display. They actually missed the fireworks.

Very nice to end the doc talking about baby Cambridge.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

I only saw the last 5 minutes or so...but those were very interesting 5 minutes, and I loved seeing the queen in the cabinet room, I can't but help that that must have been a very odd experience for her!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

A wonderful documentary. I always love hearing from people who have met HM for the first time. She spreads a kind of joy everywhere she goes (that sounds silly, but I can't think of a better way of putting it).

Sophie was so pretty and didn't sound very posh to me. Both she and Eugenie came across really well. So too did Prince Charles who even came out with a little snort when giggling over the naughty-sounding pidgin English in PNG.

Someone else please tell me they too cracked up at the coach driver struggling to get up on top of the carriage?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie sounded much more posh in the video she recorded for the National Autism Society. Perhaps this was a bit more relaxed. I still think she does sound posh, but her voice is a lot deeper than I imagined. Her laugh at the Queen staring at her at a State Banquet was funny. I find it amusing that she sat in the wrong seat a few times. Amusing and I can imagine the family, particularly Edward, being like, "oh for flipsake."

Lovely documentary on the Queen, and I like Charles' thoughts on his trip with Camilla. Lovely. :)

I cannot believe the Diamond Jubilee year is well and truly over. I look forward to the 60 Anniversary of the Coronation.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:38 PM
Majesty

I was kinda shocked to see him get on the coach like that. I was also thinking that I would've fallen off in that situation.

You can really see how hard The Queen and royal family work, even behind the scenes. I think we have to take some time and enjoy watching The Queen do her stuff at nearly 87 years old. She won't be able to do all this forever.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

Ah, this documentary sounds so exciting. I'm now kinda sad that I decided against watching it tonight, I'm gonna have to find a way to see it as soon as possible. Seeing as QMII is in it, I can imagine it's gonna be shown here in Denmark at some point.

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.