Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Our Queen at 90

Our Queen at 90

Easter Sunday,ITV @8pm

Celebrating Our Queen at 90 | News | Good Morning Britain | GMB

Sophie, Countess Of Wessex, Explains Why Queen Wears Bright Colors During Royal Engagements - Starpulse.com

Old 03-25-2016, 07:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am surprised that some people find Sophie's comments about the Queen wearing bright clothes as news. It was news back in the 1950s maybe but not now. It has been reported over and over again why she wears bright clothes.

There has been nothing indicated by any of the royals in the snippets released so far that hasn't been in the public domain for ages - other than Kate making chutney for their first Christmas as the earlier version was homemade jam not chutney but ...

I had hoped they would say something new and not simply restate the same things they have been saying for years - she is great - that is all. No new insights - not new tidbits (learn more from friends who know her and others who have family members who work at BP).

Old 03-27-2016, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Our Queen at 90: ‘I had been warned about the Royal sense of humour - but wasn't prepared for its dryness’

Our Queen at 90: ‘I had been warned about the Royal sense of humour - but wasn't prepared for its dryness’ - Telegraph
Old 03-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Camilla praising her mother-in-law: Duchess of Cornwall praises The Queen in upcoming ITV documentary 'The Queen at 90' | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Her Majesty hopes for good weather for a planned ride later in the week. Released by ITV ahead of its 'Our Queen at 90' documentary

Her Majesty out riding in Windsor with her Head Groom. Released by ITV ahead of its 'Our Queen at 90' documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Kykrr78YZo8

Her Majesty visits her stables at Windsor. Released by ITV ahead of its 'Our Queen at 90' documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_xQubH_C7lE
Old 03-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Heir Apparent

How funny! Can't wait to see the whole programme!
Old 03-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

There's this website called mediahhh.com that allows you to watch UK tv. I downloaded the app and now I'll be able to watch the doc this afternoon.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Behind the scenes of ITV's documentary Our Queen at 90, in pictures - Telegraph
Old 03-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
There's this website called mediahhh.com that allows you to watch UK tv. I downloaded the app and now I'll be able to watch the doc this afternoon.
People can also watch it live here:
tvpc.com - ITV 1
Old 03-27-2016, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
WOW...This is really cool!!! Thanks Dman...Great App
Old 03-27-2016, 04:30 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate - "I've no idea where she gets her energy from ... i need to go and ask a few more questions"

most would agree

Kate sounds more royal than those born royal - her accent is very posh and at time she is quiet hard to understand.

Always love seeing the pictures the Quern has displayed in her private sitting room - lovely informal picture taken with her and Zara at Zara's wedding wedding reception at Holyrood Palace very informal like it was taken on a phone snapping a cute moment between granny and granddaughter

Old 03-27-2016, 04:55 PM
Nobility

I personally think the royals deliberately try to tone down the poshness of their accents, they aim for a kind of Estuary English but I don't think that's how they speak privately.

I don't think that Kate does that so she can sound a bit more upper crust than some of the royals.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Touching moment when Beatrice got very emotional and nearly cried as she talked about her "fabulous grandfather" saying that he is the most unique person and that she is very lucky to share magical moments with him.
Eugenie describes him as "incredible, strong and consistent" and the rock for all of them not just the Queen. You could also tell she was getting emotional and close to tears when talking about the Duke of Edinburgh
Kate and William also spoke about the special support that the Queen gets from DoE
Sophie describes him as a gentleman and a gentle man who is curious and looks out for the Queen and is her protector

Old 03-27-2016, 05:46 PM
Aristocracy

Really love the footage from the Diplomatic reception. They should do that every year. Looks so awesome! And I love the Lover's Knot on the DoCam! Looks brilliant on her!
The Royal Family really admires the Queen, which is absolutely terrific and it's so nice to hear it from them. Love such documentary with all the royals, they really share personal experiences and that is awesome.
Old 03-27-2016, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Kate spoke about as she is a new mother and to her royal role, she does not know how the Queen managed to her role as both a mother (of 4) and head of state - she describes it as extraordinary

Quite a bit of talking from Kate - less contribution from Charles than i expected. Sophie Wessex comes across as funny, charming and quite lovely very impressed with her contribution pieces

Old 03-27-2016, 06:17 PM
Nobility

It was all very pleasant, although little that we haven't seen before. Really the only 'new' thing was Kate giving an interview. I understood everything she said and she clearly respects HM very deeply.

I was most touched by those who had received awards from the Queen. The fire officer's tears at getting his medal from the HM were so sincere. Also, Bill Speakman saying there's no medal big enough for the Queen - from a Victoria Cross winner no less.

David Beckham clearly adores HM also.
Old 03-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Williams story about his first diplomatic reception when he spoke to 2 ambassadors from different countries who don't get along and got muddled up about details which he said was awkward but the Queen laughed and was "very cool about it' and there was no diplomatic fallout afterwards

Obama's tribute was very nice i thought - its clear that he and the First lady have a special friendly relationship with the Queen

Old 03-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
I personally think the royals deliberately try to tone down the poshness of their accents, they aim for a kind of Estuary English but I don't think that's how they speak privately.

I don't think that Kate does that so she can sound a bit more upper crust than some of the royals.
I agree. Some of the royals try to talk down, and play it cool. Like when Harry used slang and called Cressida "his bird". William also does it, too. Remember when William imitated that Jay-Z song, and "brushed dirt off his shoulder". Cringe!

Catherine doesn't bother trying to be fly or a hipster. She's fine with being humdrum, as we see by her clothing choices.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:14 PM
Royal Highness

I was pleasantly surprised by this documentary, although there wasn't much that we haven't seen before.

I really enjoyed seeing Charles talk about his darling mama, but it wasn't much we saw of him, and it's clear that the media does not prioritize Charles.

I also enjoyed the other interviews and I agree with David Beckham, our beloved Queen is "the number one leader" and she makes me proud to be half British.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

To be honest I got cracks in my fillings seeing the one laudatio to the other dripping from sugarsweet fondant. Yes, she is the Most Wonderful, Most Adorable, Most Righteous of us all. I had to look to the corner to see the logo, that I was not watching the birthday-program of Kim Jong-Il by accident.

I missed some balance. The turmoil her nation is in, the threats from all sides, the royal family in a fast-changing world and media-landscape. The tragedies (Bloody Sunday, Hillsborough, the Herald of Free Enterprise, the London Bombings, the death of Diana). Nothing. Only roses and moonshine. Only cherubins and seraphins on little pinky clouds singing the praise of Elizabeth The Magnificent.... The Holy Virgin almost looked pale next to her, if you heard the litany of praises. Good heavens!