"Our Queen" (2013) - ITV Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II during Diamond Jubilee year

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molly2101

Heir Apparent
City
England
Country
United Kingdom
"Our Queen" (2013) - ITV Portrait of Queen Elizabeth II during Diamond Jubilee year

ITV Broadcasting have made a two hour documentary on the Queen, which is due to be broadcast this month.

ITV to show landmark documentary on the Queen

ITV Press Release:
ITV to show landmark documentary on The Queen

ITV is pleased to announce the forthcoming broadcast of Our Queen, a landmark, in-depth portrait of Queen Elizabeth II during one of the most momentous years of her reign.

The new 1x120 documentary film has been filmed with unique access during the Diamond Jubilee year to members of the Royal Family, to Her Majesty's staff - some talking for the first time - to her Prime Ministers and to her residences.

Made by the award-winning producer-director, Michael Waldman, and the best-selling royal author and writer, Robert Hardman, for Oxford Film and Television, Our Queen follows the Jubilee from the inside. It also explores the modern Monarchy, delivering an insight into the way the world’s most famous woman leads the world’s best-known royal house, how she balances tradition with modernisation, and how her level of public affection is maintained amid the ever-changing political and social landscape of her reign.

Filmed throughout 2012, this observational two-hour documentary is a study of leadership, judgement and character, set against the spectacular pageantry of the Diamond Jubilee year, which sets out to provide a close perspective of Our Queen and what she means to Britain and the world.

Our Queen was ordered by ITV's Factual Commissioning Team. Jo Clinton-Davis, Controller of Popular Factual, said: "This is a landmark documentary covering an exceptional year in the life of the Queen and we are delighted to be able to broadcast it on ITV later this year."

Nicolas Kent, Creative Director, Oxford Film and Television, and Executive Producer for Our Queen, said: "We've been enormously fortunate. When we set out to make a film about the special relationship between the Queen and the British people, we didn't anticipate that the combination of the Jubilee and the Olympics would make this such a momentous year for the monarchy and the country.”

The Queen behind the scenes: The Mail's Robert Hardman was given unique access to follow Her Majesty | Mail Online

Interesting that Sophie gives an interview for the documentary... I look forward to this documentary.

Ps. Mods, sorry if this in the wrong place. Please move it if necessary. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I do enjoy these documentaries because it give a pretty good insight in the working lives of the royal family. I love the behind the scenes stuff. Looking forward to this doc.

so curious to see it! so if it's not in the current itv guide (going till march 11), it will not be inserted, will it? so i only have to check after that date?

I'm looking forward to this documentary! I've always liked documentaries about the RF, as I think that they're very interesting and I also learn quite a bit of information from them. It's also nice to see the Countess of Wessex featuring, I haven't heard her speak yet so this will be a treat. Thanks for informing us about the documentary, I'll defiantly be tuning in!

Last edited:
Sophie sounds really posh HereditaryPrincess, and her voice has changed since she married. Nice of her to speak about her mother-in-law though.

Sophie sounds really posh HereditaryPrincess, and her voice has changed since she married. Nice of her to speak about her mother-in-law though.

Thanks for giving me an idea of what Sophie sounds like, Molly. :flowers:

Out of the Wessex family I've only heard Edward speak, and that was also in a documentary about HM.

Is there any chance of this being shown in the US?

Thank you both for the videos- Sophie sounds lovely. I'm looking forward into seeing her in this documentary.

In Sophie's video for National Autistic Society she sounds really posh, but she has kind of always sounded posh. Likely changed her accent meeting Edward to "fit in".

In Sophie's video for National Autistic Society she sounds really posh, but she has kind of always sounded posh. Likely changed her accent meeting Edward to "fit in".

I agree- I think that in some parts of the video, she sounded a bit like HM did when she was younger.

:royalstandard:

"The Queen" 2 hour documentary will be shown in Britain at 8pm, Sunday 17 March

according to MailOnline

Guys how long will it take to come on Youtube, in full?
I cant watch it in TV..

Some more pictures from Sunday's documentary in this article. It seems HM's private sitting room is a tad untidy, which makes me feel less guilty about mine;). Her little ceramic corgis on her desk are so sweet.

Note also that HM apparently reads 'Majesty' magazine, which must have thrilled everyone involved with it. She doesn't appear to have the Daily Mail on her reading list, however, a fact the DM failed to point out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-little-bit-messy-Queens-private-retreat.html

The cushion
Thumbnail cropped from larger image.

Attachments

• Cushion 1.jpg
    Cushion 1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 325
I really love that cushion :crown4:

I am probably going to end up missing this on Sunday. I really hope someone gets to upload it.

In The Documentary:
Gordon Rayner ‏@gordonrayner
William and Kate tell boxer Anthony Ogogo they rarely finish a game of scrabble because one of them slams the box shut in a mood.

Countess of Wessex says it is "terrifying" whenever she goes into Buck Palace ballroom for state dinners. Has sat in the wrong seat before. Sophie adds: "I'll never forget the look I got (from Queen) when I couldn't find my chair and she was waiting to start her speech."

Queen always signs official invites to state visits: "I am your good friend, Elizabeth R"

Lord Salisbury tells ITV Queen doc one potential donor to Jubilee River Pageant asked for a peerage. Was told where to go.

Prince Charles's view of 2012 in ITV Queen documentary: It hasn't been a bad year for old blighty!

Queen loves to hide microphones in flowers during state dinners so her guests can't see them when they make speeches.
She says: "They're always mystified when I say 'It's perfectly alright, just speak'."

Last edited by a moderator:
The show is fantastic so far, the amount of video of royals all together is amazing!

Gonna catch it at another time, it sounds very exciting.

Interviews with other Monarchs have been my favourite so far. :)

Sophie so does not sound like I thought she would, she has a much deeper voice.

Last edited:
I thought that too Lumutqueen. Sophie does sound very posh though.

I'm too enjoying the documentary. Very nice to see the reception with the PM's.

Back
Top Bottom