The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Are you talking about the photo that was released in the Italian tabloid magazine?
The ring that was displayed at Harrod's in the Dodi/Diana memorial. Dome shape with the East/West set emerald cut solitaire and 4 trillions, outlined by yellow gold to form a star; with the addition of a prong set mass of smaller diamonds surrounding the focal stones and going more than halfway down the ring's shank.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sorry I ment the photo of Diana dying.
Though it is news to me that the ring Dodi wanted to give her could not be resized.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The ring that was displayed at Harrod's in the Dodi/Diana memorial. Dome shape with the East/West set emerald cut solitaire and 4 trillions, outlined by yellow gold to form a star; with the addition of a prong set mass of smaller diamonds surrounding the focal stones and going more than halfway down the ring's shank.
KittyAtlanta, I had forgotten about the design of the "engagement" ring . I had always thought that it had been custom made ,and would have ,therefore fitted Diana perfectly.
As you say it would have to have been re-made if it didn't fit.
I shall have to make a note of the Padget report and read it when I have more time.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
I'm sorry I ment the photo of Diana dying.

Though it is news to me that the ring Dodi wanted to give her could not be resized.
Most rings are sizable, i.e., like Kate's ring or a solitaire that has a couple of baguettes. However, when there are lots of little diamonds going down the sides of a ring, the little stones on the sides would pop out of their prongs when the gold was heated up and bent into size. Not general knowledge, unless one is a jeweler.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

About the surveillance: maybe it's not true, but we keep reading in the press here that England has invested in a very large number of cameras to watch roads. California and other mainland states in the U.S. are moving in that direction too. We certainly have surveillance on the campus roads and parking lots of the schools here, and the major hotels have surveillance all along the streets leading into the resort areas. But that is now - not 1997, these changes have been in the past 5 years (just always think of Europe being ahead of us, I guess).

On a different topic - usually the Daily Mail doesn't inspire me much, but this article about the documentary has made me change my mind - unless someone in my family is bent on seeing it, I won't be watching it:

Princess Diana death film Unlawful Killing: Just unlawfully dull | Mail Online

The film shows no new pictures of Diana's accident.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

i looked for the picture and all i could find was the same one that went around when she first died. i always took that to be a fake and a poor one at that....

rethinking, i dont want to see the picture.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that it was in the Repossi catalogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady of hay View Post
I had forgotten about the design of the "engagement" ring . I had always thought that it had been custom made ,and would have ,therefore fitted Diana perfectly.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm actually disgusted at Entertainment Canada and Entertainment Tonight they both showed that awful photo with no disclaimer what so ever! I've seen it before on Witness' in the Tunnel but it caught me off guard and I was horrified!

The photo isn't new it's the same one from the Italian magazine published back in 2006 also the same one shown in the documentary The Witness' in the Tunnel.I know cause ET and ET Canada aired it (without a disclaimed thank you very much nearly gave me a heart attack) Also if anyone wants to refresh their mind the inquest website is still up to read transcripts. I know the one bethaliz is talking about I've seen it too that one does look fake. I had also seen back in 2007 4 other photos on the net one which was badly pixelated but it looked like Diana lying on the floor of the Mercedes not sure if it was real or not. it totally traumatized me I try to avoid the photos since then
[ARCHIVED CONTENT] Inquests into the deaths of Diana, Princess of Wales and Mr Dodi Al Fayed
Old 05-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a great channel on youtube called,Iloveprincessdiana36.There are also cute videos of her kids.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Aristocracy

here the link with covers of many films about Diana!!!

My DVD and Videos Collection - Princess Diana Remembered

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...09453614_n.jpg
Old 10-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Majesty

The Princess Of Wales At 30 Special Programme

A special programme made to celebrate Princess Diana's 30th birthday on July 1st 1991.

I think this special was very well put together and I think it truly showed how Diana grew from a royal newcomer to a professional and well established Princess of Wales.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:14 PM
Majesty

"Diana: Her True Story" 1993 Drama Movie

Diana: Her True Story Drama Movie Parts 1-2:
This British television docu-drama dishes up the turbulent royal marriage of Charles and Lady Di. The story is based on Andrew Morton's tell-all book and is considered the most accurate version of the situation.

Istikana - Diana: Her True Story - Part 1

Istikana - Diana: Her True Story - Part 2
Old 12-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^^
Well it is at least considered Diana's version of the truth.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Courtier

If it is Diana's version, then it is not at all the truth. I often wonder how such an innocent-looking woman could turn so manipulative. I dont understand why people keep bringing the ghost of past again and again. Maybe it is just to satisfy an instinct in ourselves, searching for a supposedly innocent, poor, helpless victim, whom we can shower our sympathies on, and become protectors boost our self-esteem..
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Courtier

Diana: Portrait of a Princess

I ran across an old documentary about Diana called, "Diana: Portrait of a Princess"

I was struck at how crazy and out of control the media was...I've not seen them act like this with anyone else I can recall....unreal.

I hope they don't start that with her sons and their families.

LaRae
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Majesty

The media was too out of control when it came down to Diana. She tried her best to turn the attention off of her private life and on to her charities.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The media was too out of control when it came down to Diana. She tried her best to turn the attention off of her private life and on to her charities.
I don't know if that statement is necessarily true. I think it probably was at certain points, but at other points, she cooperated with the media to get her side of the story out and it's been reported that she obsessively followed her own coverage.

I think it was a combination of the media being out of control and Diana fanning the flames, personally.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Agreed. Plus there was the big tabloid circulation war that began around 1980, just when Diana arrived on the scene. Any girlfriend of the Prince of Wales would have been pursued relentlessly; but Diana had the additional attractions of being very pretty, well-spoken, and pleasant to the photographers. People loved to see pictures of her. My own feeling is that Diana didn't really start to use the media in a sophisticated way until the mid-80s, when her marriage was over in all but name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I think it was a combination of the media being out of control and Diana fanning the flames, personally.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Couldn't agree more. She used them when she wanted them, there's no doubt about that.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Majesty

True, but I think she got fed up with the situation in her private lie and decided to let the world know what was really going on.