Movies & TV Programmes About Diana

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like the actress and I don't think she looks that much like Diana. However she at least looks more like Diana than the one on the Crown. We'll see how it does.

In that still she looks more like Diana than Emma Corrin ever did in The Crown. I find the idea of it interesting and I'll watch it when it comes on TV or Netflix.

Nope, I’m not interested. This is just another opportunity to sling arrows at Charles and Camilla...heck, forget arrows, but knives. [...]

If you can believe it, there is a pending Broadway show “Diana - the Musical”. ������ I hope it never sees the stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely not watch it, because this is just another attempt to use Diana's Legacy to fuel anti-monarchy and anti-royal family agenda.

I had enough reading some of the comments under Diana's documentary on Youtube, it's really grotesque (especially when they blamed the Royal Family for Diana's death, to even put it mildly)

Just an attempt to cash in on the popularity the 'Crown' has brought out.

I don't get the casting of Kristen Stewart as Diana. She doesn't look remotely like Diana. And I am cringing at the thought of what her 'British accent' is going to sound like. There are a lot of horrible Americans pretending to be British accents out there. I dont think enough of Kristen's acting talents to think she will do a good job with one. Maybe she will prove me wrong.

I enjoyed the Crown. I never looked at it as a true history but it was still a nice view of some events in history. This last season though just was too much fiction for me. I read historical fiction but this was another matter.

Of course it is also coming out on the 25th anniversary.

I have a feeling Diana will continue to inspire movies and such for a long time in the future, but growing ever more to be a fictionalised version of Diana..

Something similar as happened with Elisabeth, empress of Austria, "Sissi".

I have a feeling Diana will continue to inspire movies and such for a long time in the future, but growing ever more to be a fictionalised version of Diana..

Something similar as happened with Elisabeth, empress of Austria, "Sissi".

I agree. The problem is Diana was 1.) very popular and 2.) didn't die that long ago. We all remember what she looked and acted like and these actresses look and act nothing like her. They'd do better to wait awhile longer.

I am absolutely dreading this....I feel so sorry for Charles; not only does it seem like Netflix (and other networks/streaming) love the idea of taking him down, but IMO they are taking advantage of Diana, who isn’t here to object...which I think she would.

American film maker Tom Jennings says he has six more hours of unheard recordings. They were made for use by Diana's biographer Andrew Morton in his 1992 book Diana: Her True Story.

'There are seven hours of tapes that Diana made for Morton,' Jennings says. 'We wound up in our two-hour film only using about one hour of them.

'We're talking quite a bit about doing something for next year, which is the 25th anniversary of Diana's passing and also coincidentally it's the 30th anniversary of Andrew Morton's book.

'There will be renewed interest, and season five of The Crown will be coming out.'

Jennings admits the sequel will cause similar upset at the palace. 'There are about 140 story points that Diana talks about over the seven hours,' he says.

'We called it the seven pillars of Diana's life.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...l-Diana-revelations-return-haunt-Charles.html

First poster of the upcoming film Spencer, featuring Kristen Stewart, who is portraying Diana, Princess of Wales has been released. According to this Guardian article, this film will be premiere at Venice film festival.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CTA7EwwoI64/

Spencer: first poster released for Kristen Stewart’s Princess Diana film
Ahead of Venice premiere of Pablo Larraín’s biopic, teaser poster appears to show Diana weeping into enormous dress
https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...eased-for-kristen-stewart-princess-diana-film

The 2021 Venice International Film Festival starts next week September 1st until Saturday Sep 11, 2021 so the reviews are not far off!

The trailer of Spencer has been released, including a brief voice of Kristen Stewart as Diana, reveal at the end

HELLO! @hellomag
The first trailer for Spencer is here! Get a glimpse of Kristen Stewart's performance as Princess Diana [Clapper board]
3:00 AM · Aug 27, 2021·Twitter Media Studio​

Back
Top Bottom