The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-19-2004, 06:38 PM
Courtier

I agree that there was a lot of focus on Caroline. She was definitely painted to be a snob, however, the way in which she appeared in her interview didn't help the way in which people thought about her IMO either. She came off as being really reserved and not very open. She may very well have put a wall up. I could understand that as people do tend to hold back around strangers at times and choose their words more carefully.

It did seem that Stephanie was made to seem like a victim, but she has made her own choices and not all of them good. The thing about Stephanie is that she does seem to be living with her choices and doesn't seemed bothered by them. It really appears to me that more people had different opinions about them and Caroline was made to look worse than she most likely is in actuality because Stephanie is easier to know that Caroline. Stephanie is more accessible to people and just very open. Caroline may very well be an open person, but she comes off as always being a snob (of course, she obviously can be a times) because she is more careful of people. I get the feeling that Caroline is extremely less trusting than Stephanie which makes for a huge difference in anyone's perceptions of the two women.

I think that the woman at the beginning of the biography said it very well, when she said that they are two people with very different personalities.

Old 02-20-2004, 07:23 AM
Gentry

I really enjoyed watching this program and im so glad i found out about it on biography.com (this is one of my fav shows&#33 I thought the part about Caroline and her friends putting steph in the toilet was funny and cute..even though it was a cruel thing to do! I also never knew that Caroline has not forgiven stephanie because she thinks that steph was in a way responsible for her mother's death.
That must be horrible for stephanie...imagine feeling that tremendous amount of guilt (and i dont believe for a second that stephanie had anything to do with that terrible accident). Stephanie seems like such a great person, she seems so down to earth and friendly and i really feel sorry for her after watching this program. I really have alot more respect for stephanie now. :flower:

Old 03-23-2006, 12:43 AM
Nobility

Any dvds or videos on Princess Caroline and Stephanie that you can buy?
Old 03-23-2006, 02:19 AM
Courtier

DVD's for Monaco Royals

DVD's for they royal family of monaco on www.aetv.com
The Princesses of Monaco DVD (BIOGRAPHY)
Prince's Palace in Monaco VHS (America's Castles)

The Biography Channel broadcast an episode called "The Grimaldi Dynasty."
I don't think that it is available yet on DVD.

E! TV has broadcast episodes of E! True Hollywood Story, "Grace, Caroline, Stephanie: the Curse of the Royal Family." and "Young Royals".
I have never seen E! True Hollywood Story TV episodes available for purchase.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:19 PM

Ruling House Of Monaco Documentary Channel 4

hi guys firstly im mark and thanks for having me. a few years back when the book THE RULING HOUSE OF MONACO was published in uk and ireland channel 4 in great briton showed a 2 part documentary about the lives of this amazing family. my question is do you know here i can get a copy of this id love to have it for my collection many thanks mark
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERNERSCHREYER View Post
hi guys firstly im mark and thanks for having me. a few years back when the book THE RULING HOUSE OF MONACO was published in uk and ireland channel 4 in great briton showed a 2 part documentary about the lives of this amazing family. my question is do you know here i can get a copy of this id love to have it for my collection many thanks mark
Hi Mark! good question! I recall seeing a biography of them in the US on the E channel about two years ago. I would guess if you search their sights or history sights on the web one might turn up. Also you can sometimes write to the channel and ask to buy a copy. Sometimes the stations will do that. Good luck and do let us know if you find one!!
Old 01-22-2008, 07:40 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

I just got my copy of the biography and after watching it, agree with all of the comments above. What is striking to me is how absolutely gorgeous Princess Caroline was in her youth. You rarely (never?) see such incredibly beautiful women, even on Oscar night and so on. I was also surprised to see that Stephanie was very pretty indeed, in a different way from her sister, but quite striking too. And of course, Princess Grace is beauty, in its purest, most flawless form, incarnated. The photographs or clippings of the series of husbands made them all look quite seductive too, in fact it was a leitmotive in the documentary :"It is easy to understand why C/S would have fallen for this guy". Ernst 10 years ago cuts as good a figure as Philippe and Stefano, in my opinion.

But the bias was so on scandal, wild life, jealousies. Some show of solidarity in some circumstances (for the good of the principality) between the sisters would have lightened the b....y tone. I liked Caroline's humble comment that strength is not a matter of character but of circumstances. I liked how she reaches for her father's hand at Grace's funeral, a subtle sign that she has become the parent in a way, the first lady, the one in charge of maintaining propriety and dignity. I am amazed at the education she has received. It makes Stephanie (whom I like) seem so childish when she complains about the boredom of long official dinners. (Although, in all honesty, Stephanie would probably have reached for her father's hand as well, had she been present. Also, Caroline is 7 or 8 years older.) Anyway, I always liked the reflection (read somewhere) that most shampoo girls dream of being princesses, and Stephanie always acted as if she dreamed of having been a shampoo girl. This is not to denigrate her, but there is an innocence, a desire to be seen and liked "like others" that makes you feel "she doesn't get it". I don't mean to be judgmental, I speak from the royal watchers' point of view, who have always found that Stephanie does not belong in the rarefied spheres of royalty.

For Monaco lovers, it is a DVD well worth acquiring.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Royal Highness

Is this the same documentary that was first aired on the Biography Channel approx. a year ago? If so, has it been updated to reflect any subtle changes in the relationship between Caroline & Stephanie since Albert's succession?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw the one that aired on the Biography Channel a year ago, and it was excellent. A & E replays so many of their programs. I'm hoping that I will be able to see it during the next airing. If it is the same one, hopefully they have updated it. Their lives have changed quite a bit in the past year, and it is frustrating to see biographies that haven't been updated.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Courtier

I'd like to know where I can get the Princess Grace and Prince Rainier documataries and the Monaco Circus Festival videos. Is there any website that I can purchase these Monaco Royal Family videos? Thank you.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

"The princes of Monaco", starting 06-09-09, 20:15 at ZDF

ZDF is broadcasting a new royal serie. Now about the princes of Monaco.

Part 1: Albert and Charlene

Part 2: Grace Kelly and Rainier (06-16-09, 20:15)

Part 3: Caroline and Stephanie (06-23-09; 20:15)

Here some general information:

Die Frsten von Monaco - ZDF.de

Here some information about part 1:

Here some information about part 2:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/inhalt/20/0,...590708,00.html

Here some information about part 3:

There is also a picture gallery:

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/conte...0?inPopup=true
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here is the video at the mediathek of ZDF for the first part of "Die Frsten von Monaco"

Albert und Charlene

Here is the video about the second part of "Die Frsten von Monaco"

Grace Kelly und Rainier

Video of part three

Caroline und Stéphanie

Here is the possibility to hear the interviews again. Click on the question and the answer will be displayed in a video.

Experten über die Fürsten von Monaco
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today there was a report at the German magazine Hallo Deutschland. Here is the video.

Grace Kelly und Rainier - ZDFdokukanal - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Albert II of Monaco at the German show "Beckmann":

http://mediathek.daserste.de/daserst...=&goto=1&show='
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

There will be a new part of "The Princes of Monaco" be broadcasted on 16-03-2010, 20:15 at ZDF. It is called "Der Fluch der Grimaldis" - "The oath of the Grimaldis":

Old 11-08-2010, 02:45 AM
Nobility

Albert, l'autre prince - Part 1- (total: 7 parts, check the right side of page at youtube for the other parts):

Old 06-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Courtier

ZDF on Albert and Charlene

It will be a two delivers documentary on Charlene and Albert, pretty much on the mood of Kungskinder.

Albert & Charlene (Teil 1 von 2) - ZDF Royal - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek
Old 07-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Courtier

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek#/beit...(Teil-2-von-2)

Part 2!
Old 09-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know anything about the following new release ?- I thought I might order it but I'm wondering if it is someting that is already out there that has just been rebranded. Thanks in advance.

Amazon
Old 01-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Courtier

Has anyone ever seen the 1963 documentary, "A LOOK AT MONACO" ? It was narrated by Princess Grace. It was produced by CBS.