The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-20-2018, 01:56 AM
Courtier

Meghan Markle: American Princess

Programming note: American TV network CBS is broadcasting an one hour biography about Meghan called Meghan Markle American Princess. This is the first time the American legitimate media is addressing Meghan. It comes on April 20 at 10:00 pm EST in the US. I am not sure if there will be showings outside the US. It will feature remarks from old teachers, Meghan's sorority sisters, friends, co-workers, Wendell Pierce, the actor who plays the father of Meghan's character on Suits. It does not note any interviews of her family. This should be interesting for certain attention seeking Markles love to go to the cameras and they are not interviewed by a major broadcast network that has a wider audience than a cable show.

Old 04-20-2018, 02:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I saw the trailer for this earlier on TV. I think that its the first of many to come over the next month (that I know of). Surprisingly, my hubby didn't realize just who Meghan was until I pointed her out in a Suits trailer recently. He knew Harry was getting married but had no clue to who. So..... good reason for him to watch the US programs leading up to the wedding. Right?

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-20-2018, 08:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Gayle King (best chum of Oprah, through the years) is the talking head on this show. She will also co host the CBS coverage of the wedding.

She's quite "Oh gosh, I love those royals," so don't expect anything salacious. It appears they sought out people that will say nice things about MM. There will be a lot of smiles, giggles and compliments. All praise earned IMO, but fairly puffed up!
Old 04-20-2018, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
Gayle King (best chum of Oprah, through the years) is the talking head on this show. She will also co host the CBS coverage of the wedding.

She's quite "Oh gosh, I love those royals," so don't expect anything salacious. It appears they sought out people that will say nice things about MM. There will be a lot of smiles, giggles and compliments. All praise earned IMO, but fairly puffed up!
Are all those specials leading up to the royal weddings general puff pieces? I've never seen any investigative journalism or slam pieces.
Old 04-20-2018, 09:41 AM
Serene Highness

Here is a preview of it.

Old 04-20-2018, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

It's laughable to see some of these people completely change their tune about Meghan from when the relationship came to light to now. Tina Brown is another one of them. I remember her being quite stuck up about it and talk about how they didn't matter when the relationship first came now. Now Meghan's a rock star? Be consistent, Tina.

BTW, I just went to CBS' homepage because I was looking for another show. This special is taking over the entire first page of the homepage.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:33 PM
Courtier

I just finished watching the show and it was frothy as expected. It mentioned the racism that has swirled and the anthrax scare. The family was not included in the interviews and only Meghan's parents were mentioned in the show. Meghan was the first to graduate from college from the family. And the guest list family is expected. Get ready for the Tweetstorm and a new round of tabloid stories about being snubbed.
Old 04-21-2018, 03:12 PM
Courtier

The entire program can be viewed at the CBS website:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/meghan...ican-princess/
Old 04-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

I watched this last night! Typical royal wedding type of program! Easy TV watching!
Old 04-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Terri View Post
I watched this last night! Typical royal wedding type of program! Easy TV watching!
Fluffy, unchallenging viewing. A nice change from the dreary political news of the day.