"Mary: The Making of a Princess" (2015) - Network Ten Australia Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
Australian Network Ten held their 'up-fronts' tonight in Sydney, where they announced their program line-up for 2015.

The network announced they will be producing a "true life" telemovie based on Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark's love story called 'Mary: The Making of a Princess'.

It will be filmed in Australia and Denmark. No release date or cast was announced.

http://www.themercury.com.au/entert...the-small-screen/story-fnj3tycr-1227122243819
No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
Channel 10 reveals its 2015 TV line-up includes The Bachelorette

Daily Mail has an article about a tele-movie an Australian network is making about M&F. Almost a not-so-happy ending! New telemovie set to reveal Princess Mary had second thoughts about marrying Prince Frederik and taking the crown | Daily Mail Online

And there is a revelation! .......................... Can you bear the suspense?....... Wait for it.................Bet you sitting on the edge of your seats now, eh?..................Okay, here it comes: Mary had second thoughts about marrying Frederik, becoming a CP and a royal and in the public spotlight.
Wow!! That almost make her human.
I can't wait for the review from our Australian friends. :lol:

----------------------------------------------

And here you have the Women's Day article, enjoy: http://www.womansday.com.au/celebri...-fred-the-marriage-that-almost-didnt-make-it/

Daily Mail has an article about a tele-movie an Australian network is making about M&F. Almost a not-so-happy ending! New telemovie set to reveal Princess Mary had second thoughts about marrying Prince Frederik and taking the crown | Daily Mail Online

And there is a revelation! .......................... Can you bear the suspense?....... Wait for it.................Bet you sitting on the edge of your seats now, eh?..................Okay, here it comes: Mary had second thoughts about marrying Frederik, becoming a CP and a royal and in the public spotlight.
Wow!! That almost make her human.
I can't wait for the review from our Australian friends. :lol:

----------------------------------------------

And here you have the Women's Day article, enjoy: Princess Mary and Fred: the marriage that almost didn’t make it : Woman's Day

You crack me up:lol: and you have a wicked sense of humor which I love:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...how funny........there is no way she had second thoughts, she was born for this, she lives for this and she is doing a very good job at this...and I think she is doing great.

Just think, Mary has her dream, all the jewels in the world, all the clothes, all the shoes, all the purses, all the black am ex cards, all the palaces, all the right friends and 4 children, and a very handsome hubby, she is set for life and besides she is a very pretty lady, yes this is one woman who made her dreams come true, now for the rest of us ladies out there.....:whistling:

PS Muhler,
I am trying to be funny....not or am I....:lol::lol:

:previous:That is an excellent idea about a thread on the crazy articles by the DM....very good. It sure is needed..:lol:

:previous:Oh come on now, we could have lots of fun with it....:lol:

You crack me up:lol: and you have a wicked sense of humor which I love:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...how funny........there is no way she had second thoughts, she was born for this, she lives for this and she is doing a very good job at this...and I think she is doing great.

Just think, Mary has her dream, all the jewels in the world, all the clothes, all the shoes, all the purses, all the black am ex cards, all the palaces, all the right friends and 4 children, and a very handsome hubby, she is set for life and besides she is a very pretty lady, yes this is one woman who made her dreams come true, now for the rest of us ladies out there.....:whistling:

PS Muhler,

:lol::wave:

Yes, Mary would of course have sat down at some point and asked herself:
Do I love this guy enough to wanna marry him?
Do I believe he loves me enough?
Crown Princess?? Later queen?!? Am I up for that challenge?

Fortunately, certainly for us Danes, the answer to those questions must have been yes.

If Mary had second thoughts about becoming Crown Princess of Denmark, my name is Beyoncé and I'm married to a man named Jay Z, and we have a child called Blue Ivy.

The DM seems to be in it strictly for laughs these days.:cool:

What they mean by "second thoughts" It is normal, leaving a "normal" life in Sydney and becoming a future Queen, it is such a n enormeous and huge change that it is normal and sensefull that she had to think thoroughly before to decide.

PS Muhler,

I think the jury is still out on Mary. All I can say for now is that each member of the new generation of "middle-class" royal consorts comes across very differently to me: Daniel is humble; Maxima is spontaneous; Letizia is impassive; and Mary, well, let's say her demeanor is more like that of someone who was born into royalty than her husband's, who descends from the oldest royal house in Europe. Somehow she doesn't strike me as a genuine person, but it may be a personal prejudice only.

What they mean by "second thoughts" It is normal, leaving a "normal" life in Sydney and becoming a future Queen, it is such a n enormeous and huge change that it is normal and sensefull that she had to think thoroughly before to decide.

my thoughts too.
It cant be easy deciding to move away from your family, your country, language and culture.

Im glad she thought it thoroughly since in marrying Frederik she was marrying into the role of Crown Princess. and she has certainly worked hard in her new role, since she couldn't be just a wife and mother.

We have indeed been very lucky with Mary. She can feel how beloved she is, but I still hope she once in a while allows herself to pat herself on the shoulder with a "I have done well." Because she really has! And still does. I'm happy to see her so genuine happy with her life here in Denmark :)

I still do think to make a lovestory is rather silly though.

Last edited:

PS Muhler,

I'm being serious. I worry about anyone who either enters public service or gets married and doesn't think long and hard about it. It takes the DM to turn something very normal and appropriate into something tawdry.

:previous:I have followed Mary since QM announced they were dating, watched the wedding (saw something that threw me off about her) yet this lady has been born for this, she is very royal and yes she does work hard, that much I will give her. From looking at her pictures and viewing videos, she loves her job, she loves being out and mixing with the people, she really does and that is what a crown princess does, so she get an A+ in that area. She will make a very good queen consort someday, nobody can ever replace QM for she is in a league all her own and I like her a lot. Mary is not camera shy at all, she dresses extremely well and carries herself with self confidence, yet here is something there I see in pictures sometimes that make me wonder, I don't just look at Mary's face in the pictures, I look around her face and see what is in the background, the people, the place she is at, everything, some of the pictures with her asst(don't know the name) whoa that look sometimes could kill, some expressions are down right angry, I think lots goes on behind those huge palace doors that nobody sees and makes us all wonder.

If she is happy and the Queen is happy and the hubby is happy(he is such a little boy/man who loves to get his own way)then all will be well in Denmark. In fact the Scandinavian countries are my favorite part of the world, if I could live there tonight, I would be on my way now. I viewed the Queen in Viborg recently and did a research on the town, that is where I am going someday, what a pretty area and so historical.:)

I think Mary is well loved and respected in Denmark. She cant be fooling everyone, lol.
And well so, she has risen to her role and does it with a wonderful attitude.
To me she seems a little bit shy but does her job well

Her and Frederik make a great team. They highlight each others strengths.
But i also think a tv movie is unnecessary.

I think the jury is still out on Mary. All I can say for now is that each member of the new generation of "middle-class" royal consorts comes across very differently to me: Daniel is humble; Maxima is spontaneous; Letizia is impassive; and Mary, well, let's say her demeanor is more like that of someone who was born into royalty than her husband's, who descends from the oldest royal house in Europe. Somehow she doesn't strike me as a genuine person, but it may be a personal prejudice only.

I think she is attractive and incredibly stylish, but my basic analysis of the former Mary Donaldson matches your own.

No-one in Oz should have been suprised with the announcement of this project.

Over the last few years, all the Australian networks have been presenting us with "our stories".

Everything from shows about our magazines "Cleo" and "Woman's Day"/"New Idea", (the two "Paper Giants"), to our TV broadcasting of cricket, ("Howzat"), to our criminals and gangsters, (all the "Underbelly" shows) and beloved drag-queen "Carlotta".

Some have not been the success they were expected to be, ("Shapelle" - broadcast to coincide with the actual person's release from prision in Bali, but failing to be of interest), and the second Kerry Packer/Rupert Murdoch story, ("Power Games").

Some others have been about Julian Assange, a former Prime Minister, a rock star and a mine cave-in,("The Julian Assange Story", "Hawke", "INXS", "Beaconsfield").

As well as CP Mary's story, next year we are to get a series about an Australian serial killer, and a racing-car driver.

It seems that M's show will have a reasonable budget with filming in Denmark scheduled - and now said to be a mini-series, not just a TV movie.

Some silly names are being bandied about as "interested" in the lead role. (Perhaps a poisoned chalice - witness the scathing reviews Nicole Kidman had for playing Princess Grace, and Naomi Watts had for playing Diana, Princess of Wales.)

With the array of various Australians being dramatised and portrayed on our screens here, it's not too left field to have had some-one come up with the idea of CP Mary - "it's time we did her".

CP Mary for the women, and Peter Brock, the racing-car driver, for the men.

Channel 10 would be looking for a big success with these two shows, amongst it's others, after it's last couple of years of financial, ratings and management upheavals.

Last edited:
We have indeed been very lucky with Mary. She can feel how beloved she is, but I still hope she once in a while allows herself to pat herself on the shoulder with a "I have done well." Because she really has! And still does. I'm happy to see her so genuine happy with her life here in Denmark :)

I still do think to make a lovestory is rather silly though.

I am enjoying the Danish citizens viewpoints and am glad for you. Fred love her, she love him, children happy....what life is all about.

The news about the movie has finally reached the Danish press and now we get a few details about what it will focus on: Ekstra Bladet - Film på vej om Marys nedtonede fortid

Mary's youth before meeting Frederik. And that includes Mary seven year relationship with Brent Annels. And also her relationship with Amber Petty.
The court has no comment on the movie as they simply don't know about it.

I am enjoying the Danish citizens viewpoints and am glad for you. Fred love her, she love him, children happy....what life is all about.
Agree! I am also enjoying the views of Danish citizens...some of them on this message board have actually met CP Mary! And the fact that CP Mary is popular and respected by the Danish people...is really all that counts!:whistling:
She is truly enjoying her best life!

In the cut-throat world of Australian magazines there are few no-go areas.

CP Mary's former boy-friend Brett Annells probably didn't expect to see his face on this week's "Woman's Day" cover - along side Mary - after all these years.

(Or did he - teaser reads "I was Princess Mary's first love".)

It's an old photo, so I think it's old quotes etc., from the wedding days - so may well be a suprise for him.

I have to go to the supermarket this morning, so I'll see what it says.

And it looks like the upcoming mini-series story will run and run.

Channel 10 isn't affiliated with the mags like the other channels, so can't put this down to cross-promotion.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Thanks, Sun Lion. :)

Daily Mail has more: Princess Mary's relationship with first love Brent Annells believed to be big part of upcoming telemovie | Daily Mail Online

Apparantly Mary's ex can't be accused of being open mouthed, there are no recent quotes from him.
And then there are some suggestions on as to what actress might play Mary.
I wonder if our Australian friends have an idea about who it would likely be, or who it should preferably be - and who it shouldn't be...

Rose Byrne's name has been bandied about from the beginning - and she is actually a brunette.

Today's newspaper's celebrity goss and gloss pages has a large photo of Rose - papped yesterday after a pub lunch - and notes she has been in Sydney for several months.

Asked by the reporter when she was due to return to her Hollywood US career, Rose said she didn't know.

"I'm not sure, we are not sure yet, we are seeing how things are panning out", she is quoted as saying.

Perhaps the role of Mary Donaldson/CP Mary is what she and her reps are waiting to see re "panning out".

Also scoring a photo was lunch-mate and fellow actress Krew Boylan. Perhaps Ms Boylan is in the running for the role of Amber Petty?

(She's blonde - though the real Amber is currently brunette herself, in recent Instagram photos.)

Good Luck girls!

Last edited:
:previous: Would you consider them good choices for the roles?

:previous: Would you consider them good choices for the roles?

I think Rose Byrne could do a good job in the role.

I enjoyed her in Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antionette", and she had a good break early on with Brad Pitt in "Troy".

I've never heard of Krew Boylon - so wonder why she had a pap photo published by the newspaper. (Is a PR placed publicity campaign starting to stir here in Oz?)

Krew has voiced one of the characters in "Dirtgirl". Have you seen this in Denmark? - for children, animated. I came across it channel-surfing one day. I loved it.

My comments above are just my speculation, so who knows at this stage who will be in the various roles, Frederik included.

Filming was also announced to be done in Copenhagen - so good size budget for the production.

The big thing for the success or otherwise of this, like all other movies and TV series though, will be in the writing.

Get the script right, and all else will fall into place.

And P.S. Muhler - as Oz now gets so many Danish TV shows thanks to our SBS TV channel, are many Australian shows being broadcast in Denmark?

I know a lot of our successes make it to Germany and other countries. Do you get any of them there?

If you don't, I wonder if this production will open the door.

Last edited:
I think Rose Byrne could do a good job in the role.

I enjoyed her in Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antionette", and she had a good break early on with Brad Pitt in "Troy".

I've never heard of Krew Boylon - so wonder why she had a pap photo published by the newspaper. (Is a PR placed publicity campaign starting to stir here in Oz?)

Krew has voiced one of the characters in "Dirtgirl". Have you seen this in Denmark? - for children, animated. I came across it channel-surfing one day. I loved it.

My comments above are just my speculation, so who knows at this stage who will be in the various roles, Frederik included.

Filming was also announced to be done in Copenhagen - so good size budget for the production.

The big thing for the success or otherwise of this, like all other movies and TV series though, will be in the writing.

Get the script right, and all else will fall into place.

And P.S. Muhler - as Oz now gets so many Danish TV shows thanks to our SBS TV channel, are many Australian shows being broadcast in Denmark?

I know a lot of our successes make it to Germany and other countries. Do you get any of them there?

If you don't, I wonder if this production will open the door.

Thanks, Sun Lion. :) We'll see how it will turn out.

Oh, yes. Australian series are regularly shown on the commercial channels and Australian children's dramas are common and have been so for years. There is one about Anzac nurses on one of the public service channels being shown these weeks.
Shows and films are few and far between though.

But those of us who see Discovery are of course familiar with Les Hiddins and Steve Irwin.

There is news about this movie?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom