"Mary: The Making of a Princess" (2015) - Network Ten Australia Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why must such movies always include some drama the lovers have to "overcome" to find each other in the end? - To the sound of violins...
In real life you meet, fall in love, get to know each other better and eventually figure out you want to marry and have a family.

But at least the guy playing Frederik has managed to nail a defining characteristic of Frederik...:p

:lol::lol:
Will we see a Mary in tears yelling "but Daddy I love him!!" as her father forbids the relationship, as she runs down the Australian coast line.
In another scene, Frederik running down the palace hallway in tears as the Queen cancels all travels to and from Australia :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The actor lacks Frederik's charming nature ;)
and what a difference, tense and happiness
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/05/03/2D188E8500000578-3260038-image-m-85_1444011276192.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/05/02/2D192D0400000578-3260038-image-a-82_1444008146329.jpg

And now for something pretty funny IMO. :lol:

Ryan O'Kane gears up to star as Denmark's Prince Frederik in new telemovie | Daily Mail Online
Six hours ago Daily Mail put up this article about the guy who is playing Frederik. In the article he says that in order to avoid the much attention from fans when he walks in public, he grows a beard, to remain incognito.
However, no one at all has commented on the article...
In Daily Mail there are usually always someone who comments, no matter how obscure the subject is... but, ehh.

Not least since the article says that "He's set to star in one of the most talked about telemovies of the year,"

Last edited:
:previous: More like a legend in his own mind! :D

This looks like one of those Lifetime Original Movies you see here in the U.S. You have to be lobotomized to watch it.

:previous:Lobotomized...or good and stoned!

Seriously, I can't even imagine watching anything on that channel without a bottle of my favorite wine to help me through it!:lol:

Preview now on the internet. (Actually just a short sample of the two minutes shown on TV a few weeks ago.)

The "Woman's Day" facebook page now has the "Mary: The Making of a Princess" trailer - released just twenty-two minutes ago here in Oz - if you're interested.

Last edited:
Here is an interesting Australian article: A real royal will star in Ten's new Mary: The Making of a Princess miniseries

Apart from writing about Frederik, the real one, making a very brief appearance in the filming. He drove past in his car. - There are also some details about the plot itself. - They have not spoken to the court, nor have they spoken with any of Mary's close friends so there is a good deal of artistic license.

At least they got a good copy of her wedding tiara. If this were going to be shown on US channels, I would watch it out of curiousity. I wonder how the Bettina Odum situation is handled in the movie - maybe they'll conveniently leave it out.

Well, well. I expected the worst from this. And it looks still worse than my worst expectations :D

PD: It is only me who thinks that Queen Margrethe is kind of scary? :eek:

You are not alone! I wouldn't dare go to sleep without garlic around my neck if my mother-in-law looked like that. :vampire:

Crown Prince Frederik has astonishingly made a fleeting cameo appearance in the biopic created about him and Princess Mary - and it was by complete accident.

Travelling through Copenhagen in his car, Prince Frederik drove right past the set where scenes involving Emma Hamilton, who plays the royal's wife, were being filmed.

Ryan O'Kane, who plays the prince's on screen counterpart said that if viewers were to 'look really closely,' they would get a glimpse of the royal, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Read more: Prince Frederik of Denmark to make cameo in miniseries of his and Princess Mary's romance | Daily Mail Online

I can't believe we were joking about CP Mary and CP Frederik being caught on camera going about their lives, when the filming of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" moved on to Denmark a few weeks ago ... and it's happened!

Too funny! :lol:

The full two minute preview is now available on the internet, (look out Muhler - more "mother-in-law" scenes),

I can't post a link, but Google "Trailer: Mary The Making of a Princess - Soon on Ten - Decider Ten", if you want to see a few more bits from the production.

:previous: Here it is, Sun Lion :) Trailer: Mary the Making of a Princess - Soon on Ten — DeciderTV

Yes, that was... yes, it was..!:ROFLMAO: Noticeable.

My heart swooned with desire and romance when I saw the tooth-brushing scene. I almost had to contain myself from kissing the dog.
QMII reading Billed Bladet? - Not on a regular basis!
And telling a lackey to give her son a message?!?

I can't help wondering if the actress they found to portray QMII sleeps in her basement - in a coffin...

I seriously think there is a very good chance they may end up being cult.

- But at least now I remember the song. So I'm not completely senile yet.

Last edited:
:previous: Here it is, Sun Lion :) Trailer: Mary the Making of a Princess - Soon on Ten — DeciderTV

My heart swooned with desire and romance when I saw the tooth-brushing scene. I almost had to contain myself from kissing the dog.

I can't help wondering if the actress they found to portray QMII sleeps in her basement - in a coffin...

- But at least now I remember the song. So I'm not completely senile yet.

Sounds like your dog had a lucky escape Muhler. Thanks for posting the trailer, (and thanks for the earlier version Rudolph).

I think most Oz viewers will have no problem with the idea of the Queen keeping up with things by reading the women's mags. :lol:

:previous: You are welcome. :)
It's a pity, because some will actually believe QMII is like that. - Not to mention John Donaldson, who by all accounts leaves the impression of being a very kind father to Mary.

Wonder if they'll include Frederik's genuine proposal to Mary, which he has been telling about, where he said:
“The late summer was nice and warm and it was unreal to walk around the streets of Rome. We sucked it all in and were at Peter’s Square (**) and in the Cathedral of Saint Peter. I had decided that I would propose to Mary in Rome and (I) had also organized an engagement ring, and made sure that I could be completely alone with her. It was just a complete success. Not because I wanted to go down on my knee, but I did, that’s the right way to do it. And then I just said: You cannot say no, you must not say no, you simply have to say yes. And then she said yes, and it was lovely and blissful. We were happy and just the two of us”, smiles Frederik and adds that the proposal took place in English.

Read more here: https://app.box.com/s/ylby5oitdde5rvgkyf8soze7fz69n8l1

Wow, they have made QMII really stern. While I have no doubt that she's formidable (in a good way) in real life, she projects pleasantness in her pictures. And that engagement interview scene... Still, I'm curious to see the whole thing. When it is released, I hope our Australian members will give us lots of details.

another article with the second trailer
Se de første scener fra Mary-filmen - Herognu

And I'll highlight this part
"Channel Ten has also admitted that they have taken the many creative liberties in the preparation of the manuscript." :D:whistling:

Im sure some family and friends of F&M might watch this just to tease them :ROFLMAO:

I think they took creative license with Queen Margrethe's "formidable" tone. However, I can believe that she would have said something very similar to Mary and Frederik. Margrethe is one smart cookie and not much gets past her.

JMHO!

:previous: You are welcome. :)
It's a pity, because some will actually believe QMII is like that. - Not to mention John Donaldson, who by all accounts leaves the impression of being a very kind father to Mary.

Wonder if they'll include Frederik's genuine proposal to Mary, which he has been telling about, where he said:
“The late summer was nice and warm and it was unreal to walk around the streets of Rome. We sucked it all in and were at Peter’s Square (**) and in the Cathedral of Saint Peter. I had decided that I would propose to Mary in Rome and (I) had also organized an engagement ring, and made sure that I could be completely alone with her. It was just a complete success. Not because I wanted to go down on my knee, but I did, that’s the right way to do it. And then I just said: You cannot say no, you must not say no, you simply have to say yes. And then she said yes, and it was lovely and blissful. We were happy and just the two of us”, smiles Frederik and adds that the proposal took place in English.

Read more here: https://app.box.com/s/ylby5oitdde5rvgkyf8soze7fz69n8l1

That's a wonderful story Muhler.

As the proposal, along with the wedding, is the culmination of the whole "fairy-tale" aspect of the story, I hope the film pulls it off well.

The parents angle is probably one of the most effective ways for the production to introduce some "tension" to the storyline - unless we also get Mary struggling with the Danish winters! :lol:

Last edited:

Hmm, that's who it reminds me of . . . Morticia!
I'm not completely senile yet.
ur Australian members will give us lots of details.
Hmm, you called it Muhler, that's who it reminds me of . . . Lily Munster! Oh, but that can't be right, she was such a warm and loving mother to all her children, even the poor, really, really ugly, blonde one! :D

Wow, I hate to say I told you so, but. . . . Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! :D

Did I not say there would be friction in the family and there it is, complete with a really scary version of Daisy showing all the warmth of Attila the Hun! Now why don't I think she 'd just pick up the phone.

But the scene is really off because she'd be hearing her beloved son and heir had fallen in love with an Aussie right from the horses mouth not BB. :ROFLMAO:

And Mary's dad whom, she obviously adores, is reduced to this caricature of a dour inverted snob. :eek:

As for toothpaste? Just chilling, I can only say . . . is the dog alright?

Last edited:
Quite, ladies, quite. :lol:

I think this movie has the potential of being so bad, everyone wants to see it. Perhaps they'll even show it on M&F's anniversary every year? :eek::beamup::D

Yes, our Sanne is fine - I think... But she did cling herself to "mother" with all four paws when Mrs. Muhler came home :ermm:

Wow, they have made QMII really stern. While I have no doubt that she's formidable (in a good way) in real life, she projects pleasantness in her pictures. And that engagement interview scene... Still, I'm curious to see the whole thing. When it is released, I hope our Australian members will give us lots of details.

I will let the Danes comment on that. My impression is though that, while QMIi projects a pleasant image, she herself has admitted she's never been a very warm mother to her kids. I remember an interview she gave to the BBC where she openly admitted she once had many doubts about Frederik and his abilty to become king. I also find her rather old-fashioned about royal protocol, so the way she is depicted in the movie doesn't surprise me at all.

Last edited:
:previous: Could you provide a link to that BBC interview? It sounds like it could give a really interesting insight into the Queen.

I will let the Danes comment on that. My impression is though that, while QMIi projects a pleasant image, she herself has admitted she's never been a very warm mother to her kids. I remember an interview she gave to the BBC where she openly admitted she once had many doubts about Frederik and his abilty to become king. I also find her rather old-fashioned about royal protocol, so the way she is depicted in the movie doesn't surprise me at all.

She has on several occasions admitted she isn't very good with small children and that she wasn't as present with her two sons as she perhaps in hindsight could or should have been.

That she should publicly have expressed doubt about Frederik's ability to become king is completely new to me. That would be completely out of character for QMII, not to mention pretty sensational.
So if someone could dig up that interview I should very much like to see it.

The TV show that Channel Ten used as the launch of the two-minute preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" during it's first episode, comes to an end this week. (It's been a ratings success.)

Will the "Mary" movie be rolled out next week to capture the same audience, or will it be held back until the last ratings week of the year so that channel can go out with a hit. (I'm sure the channel are hoping this will be a winner for them.)

Ratings for this year end on November 28th and I can't see "Mary: The Making of a Princess" being broadcast out of the ratings period, even though it has been reported as to be shown in December.

The film students who visited the set during filming reported it was to be broadcast on November 4th, but they also thought it was to be a two-parter.

It's looks like it is a single ninety-minute show on the producer's website.

In any case it should be soon, and we can all sit down and have a night with "Mary" and "Frederik".

Back
Top Bottom