"Mary: The Making of a Princess" (2015) - Network Ten Australia Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: That wasn't much filming. So I guess it was just some background shoots?

I guess they didn't need to do any interior filming in Denmark Muhler.

Sydney's Government House stood in for the engagement interview re-creation - I think, it was certainly filmed here in Oz.

The Langham Hotel in the Rocks area of Sydney stood in for the wedding scenes.

The red dress/ruby tiara theatre occasion of the celebration week was also re-created, and filmed at Government House.

I'm glad the budget allowed for some filming to be done in Denmark - hope they got some good shots of Copenhagen.

I wonder if they filmed around CP Mary's old apartment building in Langelinie.

(And still no leaks about who is playing Amber Petty - I'm assuming her character will be in it, as Brett Annells is covered.)

Last edited:
When the trailer for this TV movie will be released? It will be an interesting movie to best realize the story of Frederik and Mary.

When the trailer for this TV movie will be released? It will be an interesting movie to best realize the story of Frederik and Mary.

I don't think it will be heavily promoted until late November RoyaltyPortuguese - if they stick to the original December broadcast timing.

Any if anyone is thinking that CP Mary is being singled out for TV movie treatment - not really.

In September all of Australia will have the chance to tune in and see our local actresses portraying Carole Bayer Sager, Olivia Newton-John, Liza Minnelli and Judy Garland. (In a biopic about Peter Allen.)

Also, I can see it being screened in New Zealand, Germany, a lot of European countries, (Oz seems to sell a lot of it's productions to all sorts of European nations) - but I wonder if there will be a "gentleman's agreement" between the Danish TV stations and the Royal Court, and it will end up never being broadcast in Denmark.

(Though CP Mary's sisters could always record it and post it over.)

Last edited:
So a stunt performer is now in the cast list for "Mary: The Making of a Princess".

Michael Mathews, who has performed stunts in "Mad Max", "Pirates of the Carribean" and many other productions.

Are we going to see "CP Frederik" in his action-man youth days - or did F and M have more trouble evading the journalists of the Danish women's magazines, in their courting days, than we know about.

Last edited:
:previous:
Thanks for keeping is updated, Sun Lion. :flowers:

I'm pretty sure the move or series, whatever will be bought by one of the Danish networks. How people will receive it is another matter though!

Personally I find the idea of televising the love story of couple, royal or not, who have only been married for eleven years a bit odd.
I might see it if there is nothing better to do, like combing the lawn...

But if I learn it's involuntarily funny, then I'll watch it. :lol:

A stuntman? Perhaps they'll do a Pingo?
I'd like it if they show the stuntman descending to the bottom of a pool, sit there for a couple of minutes holding his breath and then swim under water to the other end of the pool - real time. Frederik did that on the news.

CP Frederik actor Ryan O'Kane is pictured in today's newspaper, talking about taking part in a 42 kilometres marathon that is coming up later this month in Sydney.

Ryan is quoted as saying CP Frederik is the first and only royal to have run marathons.

The article is also calling "Mary: The Making of a Princess" "hotly anticipated".

Well, it is by me. :lol:

Last edited:

RoyaltyPortuguese I came across a couple of internet sites with, they said, both the preview and the full movie of "Mary: The Making of a Princess".

They've been cancelled, but it looks like this will be on the internet at some stage.

(Hopefully legally.)

Some students were able to visit the filming of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" and have a very informative blog - with photos - of their experience up on the internet.

According to this report the TV movie will air across two nights here in Australia, starting on November 5th.

"Queen Margrethe's" Royal Wedding attire was hand-painted, as no fabric matching the real-life garment could be found.

And the gardens of a mansion here in Sydney were covered in fake snow on the trees and ground, as the scene being filmed was set in Denmark.

The make-up artist for this production is an Emmy winner for her previous work, and actress Emma Hamilton had to wear contact lenses to change her natural eye colour to CP Mary's brown.

I can't link from my tablet, but if you'd like to see the photos - including a new one of Emma as Mary - and read the other details, try "Bus Stop Films Alexandria NSW Non-Profit Organization Visiting the set of Mary: The Making of a Princess!"

Last edited:
"Swifts" - the mansion mentioned above where the snow special effects where sprayed about - is actually standing in for Amalienborg Palace, according to it's wiki page.

(We'll have to hear from the Danish posters how well that went when they get a chance to see.)

Weeeell, if you have never seen Amalienborg before in your life, the illusion might work.
Did a quick google and here are two pics of Swifts Mansion:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Swf6NmevhTU/TX82e3DxglI/AAAAAAAADvI/dd0oT1sMLP0/s1600/swifts.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ea/b3/0d/eab30d1d83d688e6eedc138b43e90338.jpg

This movie may turn out to be most entertaining and with a bit of luck even becoming cult.
I saw an American movie made back in the 50's about the first sex change operation that took place here in DK. That included typical American mailboxes that hardly exists here and certainly not back then and scenic Norwegian fjords, complete with towering mountains. :lol:
If this movie turns out to be anything like The Prince and Me, I shall certainly see it. :p

Look out everyone! (In Oz that is.)

This Wednesday night, during the broadcast of the new show, "The Bachelorette" - on channel 10 - an "extended teaser" of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" is going to be shown.

My Sunday newspaper has a new large photo of Emma Hamilton and Ryan O'Kane - dressed in sashes, medals, evening gowns and tiaras - as CP Mary and CP Frederik.

This is the launch episode of "The Bachelorette", and this channel has just had a "sizzling success playing cupid" in the male version.

Clever promotion as they are pitching the Mary movie at "love-struck viewers" by placing the preview in this new show.

I'll have to set my recorder, which makes me wonder if there will be phone calls from Australia to Amalienborg now that friends and family will be able to get a glimpse of what is to come.

Last edited:
Good luck to posters in both countries, hope it is good...

I think the directors of Telefilm should have connected more to the garment details of characters.
The tiara of the character is completely different from Mary tiara (but was also almost impossible to find one just like it), not to mention other details.
I hope not disappoint too much and that Telefilm is as true to reality as possible.

The preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" - which is scheduled to be broadcast across Oz tonight - will surely reach a big, big audience, as it is to be shown during the premiere episode of a new series of "The Bachelorette".

Today's Sydney newspaper has two complete pages taken up with photos of the contestants for this show - a major, major promotion.

I think a lot of the target audience for the "Mary"movie will not be able to miss that it is coming - young women who want to be swept up in the romance of both shows.

Thanks for the link Muhler, and some reports say December screening, and others November RoyaltyPortuguese, but an "extended teaser" is due tonight.

(And will then probably be flogged to death until the actual broadcast.)

Last edited:
The preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess", which is scheduled to be broadcast across Oz tonight, will surely reach a big audience as it is to be shown during the premiere episode of a new series of "The Bachelorette".

Today's Sydney newspaper has two complete pages taken up with photos of the contestants for this show - a major, major promotion.

I think a lot of the target audience for the Mary movie will not be able to miss that this is coming.

The Telefilm premiere today?

A two minute preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" was shown by Channel 10 here in Australia tonight.

"Mary" gets a hard time from her own "Dad" and future "Mother-in-Law". (But "Frederik" stands up for her.)

Costumers have done a good job copying the wedding tiara and earings.

"Amber Petty" looking good as a royal bridesmaid.

It looks like quite a drama with wailing sirens, pushy reporters and lots of pressures on the young couple.

Good sound track also.

I'm expecting it to do well in the ratings.

A two minute preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" was shown by Channel 10 here in Australia tonight.

"Mary" gets a hard time from her own "Dad" and future "Mother-in-Law". (But "Frederik" stands up for her.)

It looks like quite a drama with wailing sirens, pushy reporters and lots of pressures on the young couple.

Good sound track also.

Where can I see these images of the film?

Where can I see these images of the film?

I think it will turn up on the internet in time - either from a fan, or perhaps from Channel 10.

The first episode of last night's new show "The Bacherlorette" is already available, but I don't know if the "Mary : The Making of a Princess" preview is within it - from the TV broadcast - or not.

The preview is towards the end, the last/second last ad-break - (if it's there.)

Check "Channel 10" etc, in the next few weeks RoyaltyPortuguese. I think it will be on the internet at some stage.

Good sound track also.

I do of course realize that this question will be extremely difficult for you to answer, but what is your impression based on this two minute clip?

Are we talking about a melodrama, or were you left with the impression that this is a genuine attempt to be as accurate as possible?

I do of course realize that this question will be extremely difficult for you to answer, but what is your impression based on this two minute clip?

Are we talking about a melodrama, or were you left with the impression that this is a genuine attempt to be as accurate as possible?

I actually recorded it Muhler, as I'm not the age/type to follow the new show that the preview was advertised as being screened within, so I got to see it a few times.

I found it quite affecting - and that's why I mentioned the soundtrack. (I not a music person, so I'm not sure of the name of the song that was playing, but a big hit as even I recognised it - "I give you all of me, you give me all of you" - you may know which one it is.)

Maybe the Danes, knowing the real Queen will find fault with that portrayal, but as she is really unknown in Australia, we won't be judging the film version against the real person.

There seems quite a dramatic slant to it with "Mary" being told by her "Dad" that she's his smart daughter and is turning herself into a doll that smiles on command - I'm paraphrasing.

Then "Frederik" has to answer to his parents, and "Mary" gets a grilling from the "Queen".

"The girl from Tassie...The untold story...The World Premiere Event..." some of the words shown on screen across the action, so maybe a bit melodramatic, but I found it quite affecting as I said, because it seems to be the young couple having to face all sorts of obstacles in the development of their relationship.

Certainly "accuracy" has been a big part of the look of it - particularly in the costumes, the bridesmaid's dresses, hairstyles, the jewellery etc.

I won't be suprised if the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" comes out with more photos now this preview has been shown.

Last edited:
Thanks, Sun Lion :)

Being three-quarter fossilized myself I have no idea about the song. :ermm:

I'll look forward to seeing the trailer for myself.

Have other of our Australian friends seen the trailer?

Two more cast members of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" have been made public.

One is playing the role of "Patricia's Husband" , ( CP Mary's brother-in-law), and the other is billed as "Editor".

But who is the pretty lady playing bridesmaid Amber I saw in the preview?

Do you want to see the formal portrait of "Prince Henrik", "Queen Margrethe", "Mary", "Frederik", "John Donaldson" and "Susan Moody" from "Mary: The Making of a Princess"?

Fremantle Media have another new photo from the production now out on the internet.

I can't put up a link on my tablet, but you should reach it by opening the pdf of the Buyers Book that is promoting the various programmes the company is trying to sell.

Google "FreemantleMedia International presents a sensational line-up at MIPCOM" -then open the pdf and go to the Drama page.

(Everyone looks the part to my mind - especially Angela Punch-McGregor as the Queen, and there is also a new photo of "Mary" and "Frederik" at the engagement interview.)

Last edited:
This looks like the kind of cheap crap I would be watching if you give me a Friday evening without the rest of the family, a comfy chair, a bag of crisps and a biiiig glass of wine :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for posting the link Muhler - looks like the company is marketing it far and wide.

(And maybe the DVD sales will be good if a lot of romantic teenage girls ask for it as a stocking-filler for Christmas.)

Last edited:
This looks like the kind of cheap crap I would be watching if you give me a Friday evening without the rest of the family, a comfy chair, a bag of crisps and a biiiig glass of wine :ROFLMAO:
Yep. You summed it up well.

Daily Mail has an article on the teaser that has been shown of the movie: Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik subject of upcoming biopic Mary: The Making of a Princess | Daily Mail Online

It doesn't look too promising IMO...

Why must such movies always include some drama the lovers have to "overcome" to find each other in the end? - To the sound of violins...
In real life you meet, fall in love, get to know each other better and eventually figure out you want to marry and have a family.
When you quarrel it's mostly about banal subjects like him always missing the laundry basket when he throws his socks in that general direction, so she has to pry them down from the wall or wherever they stuck. Or because he was been talking to someone in too short a skirt - (who BTW is stupid, fat and ugly!!!) If it was more serious than that chances are you won't marry.

I'll bet M&F's in laws, both sides, wasn't an issue. The biggest concern they had was that they couldn't find Frederik because he had fallen asleep on the couch and been covered by pillows - women who are nesting always introduce hundreds of pillows into the relationship. I have nightmares about pillows! :frazzled: - Sorry, got carried away... :ermm:

Judging from the photos I've seen so far there is little spark between the two who play M&F. In fact I've seen more chemistry between two bricks!

But at least the guy playing Frederik has managed to nail a defining characteristic of Frederik...:p

Back
Top Bottom