The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 AM
Majesty

You are welcome.
It's a pity, because some will actually believe QMII is like that. - Not to mention John Donaldson, who by all accounts leaves the impression of being a very kind father to Mary.

Wonder if they'll include Frederik's genuine proposal to Mary, which he has been telling about, where he said:
“The late summer was nice and warm and it was unreal to walk around the streets of Rome. We sucked it all in and were at Peter’s Square (**) and in the Cathedral of Saint Peter. I had decided that I would propose to Mary in Rome and (I) had also organized an engagement ring, and made sure that I could be completely alone with her. It was just a complete success. Not because I wanted to go down on my knee, but I did, that’s the right way to do it. And then I just said: You cannot say no, you must not say no, you simply have to say yes. And then she said yes, and it was lovely and blissful. We were happy and just the two of us”, smiles Frederik and adds that the proposal took place in English.

Read more here: https://app.box.com/s/ylby5oitdde5rvgkyf8soze7fz69n8l1

Old 10-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Nobility

Wow, they have made QMII really stern. While I have no doubt that she's formidable (in a good way) in real life, she projects pleasantness in her pictures. And that engagement interview scene... Still, I'm curious to see the whole thing. When it is released, I hope our Australian members will give us lots of details.

Old 10-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Majesty

another article with the second trailer
Se de første scener fra Mary-filmen - Herognu

And I'll highlight this part
"Channel Ten has also admitted that they have taken the many creative liberties in the preparation of the manuscript."

Im sure some family and friends of F&M might watch this just to tease them
Old 10-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Serene Highness

I think they took creative license with Queen Margrethe's "formidable" tone. However, I can believe that she would have said something very similar to Mary and Frederik. Margrethe is one smart cookie and not much gets past her.

JMHO!
Old 10-16-2015, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are welcome.
It's a pity, because some will actually believe QMII is like that. - Not to mention John Donaldson, who by all accounts leaves the impression of being a very kind father to Mary.

Wonder if they'll include Frederik's genuine proposal to Mary, which he has been telling about, where he said:
“The late summer was nice and warm and it was unreal to walk around the streets of Rome. We sucked it all in and were at Peter’s Square (**) and in the Cathedral of Saint Peter. I had decided that I would propose to Mary in Rome and (I) had also organized an engagement ring, and made sure that I could be completely alone with her. It was just a complete success. Not because I wanted to go down on my knee, but I did, that’s the right way to do it. And then I just said: You cannot say no, you must not say no, you simply have to say yes. And then she said yes, and it was lovely and blissful. We were happy and just the two of us”, smiles Frederik and adds that the proposal took place in English.

Read more here: https://app.box.com/s/ylby5oitdde5rvgkyf8soze7fz69n8l1

That's a wonderful story Muhler.

As the proposal, along with the wedding, is the culmination of the whole "fairy-tale" aspect of the story, I hope the film pulls it off well.

The parents angle is probably one of the most effective ways for the production to introduce some "tension" to the storyline - unless we also get Mary struggling with the Danish winters!
Old 10-17-2015, 01:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Here it is, Sun Lion Trailer: Mary the Making of a Princess - Soon on Ten — DeciderTV

Yes, that was... yes, it was..! Noticeable.

My heart swooned with desire and romance when I saw the tooth-brushing scene. I almost had to contain myself from kissing the dog.
QMII reading Billed Bladet? - Not on a regular basis!
And telling a lackey to give her son a message?!?

I can't help wondering if the actress they found to portray QMII sleeps in her basement - in a coffin...

I seriously think there is a very good chance they may end up being cult.
Hmm, that's who it reminds me of . . . Morticia!
I'm not completely senile yet.
ur Australian members will give us lots of details.
Hmm, you called it Muhler, that's who it reminds me of . . . Lily Munster! Oh, but that can't be right, she was such a warm and loving mother to all her children, even the poor, really, really ugly, blonde one!

Wow, I hate to say I told you so, but. . . . Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah!

Did I not say there would be friction in the family and there it is, complete with a really scary version of Daisy showing all the warmth of Attila the Hun! Now why don't I think she 'd just pick up the phone.

But the scene is really off because she'd be hearing her beloved son and heir had fallen in love with an Aussie right from the horses mouth not BB.

And Mary's dad whom, she obviously adores, is reduced to this caricature of a dour inverted snob.

As for toothpaste? Just chilling, I can only say . . . is the dog alright?
Old 10-17-2015, 02:36 AM
Majesty

Quite, ladies, quite.

I think this movie has the potential of being so bad, everyone wants to see it. Perhaps they'll even show it on M&F's anniversary every year?

Yes, our Sanne is fine - I think... But she did cling herself to "mother" with all four paws when Mrs. Muhler came home
Old 10-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMom View Post
Wow, they have made QMII really stern. While I have no doubt that she's formidable (in a good way) in real life, she projects pleasantness in her pictures. And that engagement interview scene... Still, I'm curious to see the whole thing. When it is released, I hope our Australian members will give us lots of details.
I will let the Danes comment on that. My impression is though that, while QMIi projects a pleasant image, she herself has admitted she's never been a very warm mother to her kids. I remember an interview she gave to the BBC where she openly admitted she once had many doubts about Frederik and his abilty to become king. I also find her rather old-fashioned about royal protocol, so the way she is depicted in the movie doesn't surprise me at all.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:45 AM
Majesty

I do not know really how is to her life the Queen Margrethe but certainly in the film as bad laws sells more. I wonder if the Frederick and Mary will have the curiosity to see the story of their love .According to the film at least.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Could you provide a link to that BBC interview? It sounds like it could give a really interesting insight into the Queen.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I will let the Danes comment on that. My impression is though that, while QMIi projects a pleasant image, she herself has admitted she's never been a very warm mother to her kids. I remember an interview she gave to the BBC where she openly admitted she once had many doubts about Frederik and his abilty to become king. I also find her rather old-fashioned about royal protocol, so the way she is depicted in the movie doesn't surprise me at all.

She has on several occasions admitted she isn't very good with small children and that she wasn't as present with her two sons as she perhaps in hindsight could or should have been.

That she should publicly have expressed doubt about Frederik's ability to become king is completely new to me. That would be completely out of character for QMII, not to mention pretty sensational.
So if someone could dig up that interview I should very much like to see it.
Old 10-18-2015, 11:50 PM
Serene Highness

The TV show that Channel Ten used as the launch of the two-minute preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" during it's first episode, comes to an end this week. (It's been a ratings success.)

Will the "Mary" movie be rolled out next week to capture the same audience, or will it be held back until the last ratings week of the year so that channel can go out with a hit. (I'm sure the channel are hoping this will be a winner for them.)

Ratings for this year end on November 28th and I can't see "Mary: The Making of a Princess" being broadcast out of the ratings period, even though it has been reported as to be shown in December.

The film students who visited the set during filming reported it was to be broadcast on November 4th, but they also thought it was to be a two-parter.

It's looks like it is a single ninety-minute show on the producer's website.

In any case it should be soon, and we can all sit down and have a night with "Mary" and "Frederik".
Old 10-19-2015, 02:16 PM
Majesty

Now that (a retired) Vampirella is playing QMII, what about the guy playing PH?

Will he be just as scary? - Or will he go through the entire melodrama speaking circus-English?
- Sorry, simply couldn't resist. - I know, bad Muhler.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
She has on several occasions admitted she isn't very good with small children and that she wasn't as present with her two sons as she perhaps in hindsight could or should have been.

That she should publicly have expressed doubt about Frederik's ability to become king is completely new to me. That would be completely out of character for QMII, not to mention pretty sensational.
So if someone could dig up that interview I should very much like to see it.

Let me correct and clarify what I wrote before. It was an interview to CNN, not to the BBC. When asked about Frederik's future role as monarch, the Queen says that she didn't really have doubts about Frederik, but remarks immediately thereafter that, when Frederik was younger, he "was unsure about himself" and that he "has grown in confidence" over the past 10 years or so. Although she doesn't explicitly say then that she had doubts about him before, one can infer from her comments that she actually did. She also implies later that meeting Mary may have helped Frederik to boost his self-confidence.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:04 PM
Majesty

I see.

Or perhaps she expressed understanding?
Because QMII has often admitted how insecure and inadequate she felt herself, when she was new in the job.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Let me correct and clarify what I wrote before. It was an interview to CNN, not to the BBC. When asked about Frederik's future role as monarch, the Queen says that she has no doubts "at all" about Frederik, but remarks immediately thereafter that, when Frederik was younger, he "was unsure about himself" and that he "has grown in confidence" over the past 10 years or so. Although she doesn't explicitly say then that she had doubts about him before, one can infer from her comments that she actually did.
Really? Can one?
I'm glad you corrected and clarified, because you did say, that she had her doubts, which she didn't.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I see.

Or perhaps she expressed understanding?
Because QMII has often admitted how insecure and inadequate she felt herself, when she was new in the job.
Now that you mentioned it, yes, it may be an expression of understanding as she adds " so are we all", after saying that Frederik was unsure about himself when he was very young.

The first time I heard her, I thought she had said " so were we all" (meaning "we all were unsure" about him, which motivated my previous comment), but, listening to the interview again, I realized she said "are" rather than "were" (meaning "we all are unsure" about ourselves when we are very young).

Here is the link.

Old 10-19-2015, 03:37 PM
Majesty

What a contrast to the dragon-like queen portrayed in the movie. But of course so much less dramatic.
And yes, she did express understanding for Frederik being insecure.

Thanks for posting the vid, Mbruno.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

Another "sneak peek" of "Mary: the Making of a Princess" is coming.

Lovely "Mary" actress Emma Hamilton has re-tweeted a message from Australian television magazine "TV Week" that another - new - preview will be out soon.

Hopefully it will appear on the internet as well as the telly - I'm on a road trip at the moment and not getting much TV viewing in.

(At least I may be home again by the time the actual show is broadcast - it doesn't look like it is to be played next week after all, another show is scheduled in the time-slot that "The Bacherlorette" has vacated.)
Old 10-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Courtier

When does this air?

Tags
australia, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, denmark, movie, television programme