The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2015, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Why must such movies always include some drama the lovers have to "overcome" to find each other in the end? - To the sound of violins...
In real life you meet, fall in love, get to know each other better and eventually figure out you want to marry and have a family.

But at least the guy playing Frederik has managed to nail a defining characteristic of Frederik...

Will we see a Mary in tears yelling "but Daddy I love him!!" as her father forbids the relationship, as she runs down the Australian coast line.
In another scene, Frederik running down the palace hallway in tears as the Queen cancels all travels to and from Australia

The actor lacks Frederik's charming nature
and what a difference, tense and happiness
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...4011276192.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/...4008146329.jpg

Old 10-11-2015, 06:28 PM
Majesty

And now for something pretty funny IMO.

Ryan O'Kane gears up to star as Denmark's Prince Frederik in new telemovie | Daily Mail Online
Six hours ago Daily Mail put up this article about the guy who is playing Frederik. In the article he says that in order to avoid the much attention from fans when he walks in public, he grows a beard, to remain incognito.
However, no one at all has commented on the article...
In Daily Mail there are usually always someone who comments, no matter how obscure the subject is... but, ehh.

Not least since the article says that "He's set to star in one of the most talked about telemovies of the year,"

Old 10-11-2015, 09:34 PM
Majesty

More like a legend in his own mind!
Old 10-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

This looks like one of those Lifetime Original Movies you see here in the U.S. You have to be lobotomized to watch it.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:23 AM
Majesty

Lobotomized...or good and stoned!

Seriously, I can't even imagine watching anything on that channel without a bottle of my favorite wine to help me through it!
Old 10-15-2015, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Preview now on the internet. (Actually just a short sample of the two minutes shown on TV a few weeks ago.)

The "Woman's Day" facebook page now has the "Mary: The Making of a Princess" trailer - released just twenty-two minutes ago here in Oz - if you're interested.
Old 10-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary: The Making of A Princess. A First Look At An Australian Fairy Tale

Old 10-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Majesty

Oh dear...
Old 10-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

I even liked this first promotion.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:24 PM
Majesty

Here is an interesting Australian article: A real royal will star in Ten's new Mary: The Making of a Princess miniseries

Apart from writing about Frederik, the real one, making a very brief appearance in the filming. He drove past in his car. - There are also some details about the plot itself. - They have not spoken to the court, nor have they spoken with any of Mary's close friends so there is a good deal of artistic license.
Old 10-15-2015, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Mary: The Making of A Princess. A First Look At An Australian Fairy Tale

Well, well. I expected the worst from this. And it looks still worse than my worst expectations

PD: It is only me who thinks that Queen Margrethe is kind of scary?

Old 10-15-2015, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I' m so agree with you ANNIE_S. And the trailer say "The story you don't know" I fear that what I do not know
Old 10-15-2015, 04:10 PM
Nobility

At least they got a good copy of her wedding tiara. If this were going to be shown on US channels, I would watch it out of curiousity. I wonder how the Bettina Odum situation is handled in the movie - maybe they'll conveniently leave it out.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Well, well. I expected the worst from this. And it looks still worse than my worst expectations

PD: It is only me who thinks that Queen Margrethe is kind of scary?
You are not alone! I wouldn't dare go to sleep without garlic around my neck if my mother-in-law looked like that.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Crown Prince Frederik has astonishingly made a fleeting cameo appearance in the biopic created about him and Princess Mary - and it was by complete accident.

Travelling through Copenhagen in his car, Prince Frederik drove right past the set where scenes involving Emma Hamilton, who plays the royal's wife, were being filmed.

Ryan O'Kane, who plays the prince's on screen counterpart said that if viewers were to 'look really closely,' they would get a glimpse of the royal, The Sydney Morning Herald reported.
Read more: Prince Frederik of Denmark to make cameo in miniseries of his and Princess Mary's romance | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Funny, they make it seem like Frederik is taking part of the film
Old 10-16-2015, 05:14 AM
Courtier

I can't believe we were joking about CP Mary and CP Frederik being caught on camera going about their lives, when the filming of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" moved on to Denmark a few weeks ago ... and it's happened!

Too funny!
Old 10-16-2015, 05:47 AM
Courtier

The full two minute preview is now available on the internet, (look out Muhler - more "mother-in-law" scenes),

I can't post a link, but Google "Trailer: Mary The Making of a Princess - Soon on Ten - Decider Ten", if you want to see a few more bits from the production.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:06 AM
Majesty

Here it is, Sun Lion Trailer: Mary the Making of a Princess - Soon on Ten — DeciderTV

Yes, that was... yes, it was..! Noticeable.

My heart swooned with desire and romance when I saw the tooth-brushing scene. I almost had to contain myself from kissing the dog.
QMII reading Billed Bladet? - Not on a regular basis!
And telling a lackey to give her son a message?!?

I can't help wondering if the actress they found to portray QMII sleeps in her basement - in a coffin...

I seriously think there is a very good chance they may end up being cult.

- But at least now I remember the song. So I'm not completely senile yet.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Here it is, Sun Lion Trailer: Mary the Making of a Princess - Soon on Ten — DeciderTV

Yes, that was... yes, it was..! Noticeable.

My heart swooned with desire and romance when I saw the tooth-brushing scene. I almost had to contain myself from kissing the dog.
QMII reading Billed Bladet? - Not on a regular basis!
And telling a lackey to give her son a message?!?

I can't help wondering if the actress they found to portray QMII sleeps in her basement - in a coffin...

I seriously think there is a very good chance they may end up being cult.

- But at least now I remember the song. So I'm not completely senile yet.

Sounds like your dog had a lucky escape Muhler. Thanks for posting the trailer, (and thanks for the earlier version Rudolph).

I think most Oz viewers will have no problem with the idea of the Queen keeping up with things by reading the women's mags.

Tags
australia, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, denmark, movie, television programme