The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library > The Electronic Domain

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2015, 11:13 PM
Courtier

Look out everyone! (In Oz that is.)

This Wednesday night, during the broadcast of the new show, "The Bachelorette" - on channel 10 - an "extended teaser" of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" is going to be shown.

My Sunday newspaper has a new large photo of Emma Hamilton and Ryan O'Kane - dressed in sashes, medals, evening gowns and tiaras - as CP Mary and CP Frederik.

This is the launch episode of "The Bachelorette", and this channel has just had a "sizzling success playing cupid" in the male version.

Clever promotion as they are pitching the Mary movie at "love-struck viewers" by placing the preview in this new show.

I'll have to set my recorder, which makes me wonder if there will be phone calls from Australia to Amalienborg now that friends and family will be able to get a glimpse of what is to come.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Good luck to posters in both countries, hope it is good...

Old 09-22-2015, 06:44 AM
Majesty

Crown Princess Mary TV movie pictures are released but fans are unimpressed | Daily Mail Online

Here is an article with pics from Daily Mail about the movie, Sun Lion has told us so much about.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:08 PM
Gentry

When the movie premiere?
Old 09-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Gentry

I think the directors of Telefilm should have connected more to the garment details of characters.
The tiara of the character is completely different from Mary tiara (but was also almost impossible to find one just like it), not to mention other details.
I hope not disappoint too much and that Telefilm is as true to reality as possible.
Old 09-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Courtier

The preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" - which is scheduled to be broadcast across Oz tonight - will surely reach a big, big audience, as it is to be shown during the premiere episode of a new series of "The Bachelorette".

Today's Sydney newspaper has two complete pages taken up with photos of the contestants for this show - a major, major promotion.

I think a lot of the target audience for the "Mary"movie will not be able to miss that it is coming - young women who want to be swept up in the romance of both shows.

Thanks for the link Muhler, and some reports say December screening, and others November RoyaltyPortuguese, but an "extended teaser" is due tonight.

(And will then probably be flogged to death until the actual broadcast.)
Old 09-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
The preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess", which is scheduled to be broadcast across Oz tonight, will surely reach a big audience as it is to be shown during the premiere episode of a new series of "The Bachelorette".

Today's Sydney newspaper has two complete pages taken up with photos of the contestants for this show - a major, major promotion.

I think a lot of the target audience for the Mary movie will not be able to miss that this is coming.

The Telefilm premiere today?
Old 09-23-2015, 08:31 AM
Courtier

A two minute preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" was shown by Channel 10 here in Australia tonight.

"Mary" gets a hard time from her own "Dad" and future "Mother-in-Law". (But "Frederik" stands up for her.)

Costumers have done a good job copying the wedding tiara and earings.

"Amber Petty" looking good as a royal bridesmaid.

It looks like quite a drama with wailing sirens, pushy reporters and lots of pressures on the young couple.

Good sound track also.

I'm expecting it to do well in the ratings.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Gentry

Quote:
A two minute preview of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" was shown by Channel 10 here in Australia tonight.

"Mary" gets a hard time from her own "Dad" and future "Mother-in-Law". (But "Frederik" stands up for her.)

It looks like quite a drama with wailing sirens, pushy reporters and lots of pressures on the young couple.

Good sound track also.

Where can I see these images of the film?
Old 09-23-2015, 05:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaltyPortuguese View Post
Where can I see these images of the film?

I think it will turn up on the internet in time - either from a fan, or perhaps from Channel 10.

The first episode of last night's new show "The Bacherlorette" is already available, but I don't know if the "Mary : The Making of a Princess" preview is within it - from the TV broadcast - or not.

The preview is towards the end, the last/second last ad-break - (if it's there.)

Check "Channel 10" etc, in the next few weeks RoyaltyPortuguese. I think it will be on the internet at some stage.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Good sound track also.

I do of course realize that this question will be extremely difficult for you to answer, but what is your impression based on this two minute clip?

Are we talking about a melodrama, or were you left with the impression that this is a genuine attempt to be as accurate as possible?
Old 09-23-2015, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I do of course realize that this question will be extremely difficult for you to answer, but what is your impression based on this two minute clip?

Are we talking about a melodrama, or were you left with the impression that this is a genuine attempt to be as accurate as possible?

I actually recorded it Muhler, as I'm not the age/type to follow the new show that the preview was advertised as being screened within, so I got to see it a few times.

I found it quite affecting - and that's why I mentioned the soundtrack. (I not a music person, so I'm not sure of the name of the song that was playing, but a big hit as even I recognised it - "I give you all of me, you give me all of you" - you may know which one it is.)

Maybe the Danes, knowing the real Queen will find fault with that portrayal, but as she is really unknown in Australia, we won't be judging the film version against the real person.

There seems quite a dramatic slant to it with "Mary" being told by her "Dad" that she's his smart daughter and is turning herself into a doll that smiles on command - I'm paraphrasing.

Then "Frederik" has to answer to his parents, and "Mary" gets a grilling from the "Queen".

"The girl from Tassie...The untold story...The World Premiere Event..." some of the words shown on screen across the action, so maybe a bit melodramatic, but I found it quite affecting as I said, because it seems to be the young couple having to face all sorts of obstacles in the development of their relationship.

Certainly "accuracy" has been a big part of the look of it - particularly in the costumes, the bridesmaid's dresses, hairstyles, the jewellery etc.

I won't be suprised if the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" comes out with more photos now this preview has been shown.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Thanks, Sun Lion

Being three-quarter fossilized myself I have no idea about the song.

I'll look forward to seeing the trailer for myself.

Have other of our Australian friends seen the trailer?
Old 09-27-2015, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Two more cast members of "Mary: The Making of a Princess" have been made public.

One is playing the role of "Patricia's Husband" , ( CP Mary's brother-in-law), and the other is billed as "Editor".

But who is the pretty lady playing bridesmaid Amber I saw in the preview?
Old 10-04-2015, 12:57 AM
Courtier

Do you want to see the formal portrait of "Prince Henrik", "Queen Margrethe", "Mary", "Frederik", "John Donaldson" and "Susan Moody" from "Mary: The Making of a Princess"?

Fremantle Media have another new photo from the production now out on the internet.

I can't put up a link on my tablet, but you should reach it by opening the pdf of the Buyers Book that is promoting the various programmes the company is trying to sell.

Google "FreemantleMedia International presents a sensational line-up at MIPCOM" -then open the pdf and go to the Drama page.

(Everyone looks the part to my mind - especially Angela Punch-McGregor as the Queen, and there is also a new photo of "Mary" and "Frederik" at the engagement interview.)
Old 10-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Majesty

Here you go: https://app.box.com/s/5vzms1x8yevtodrftnaxhxj87a08cydq

Thanks, for keeping us updated, Sun Lion.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

This looks like the kind of cheap crap I would be watching if you give me a Friday evening without the rest of the family, a comfy chair, a bag of crisps and a biiiig glass of wine
Old 10-04-2015, 04:45 AM
Courtier

Thanks for posting the link Muhler - looks like the company is marketing it far and wide.

(And maybe the DVD sales will be good if a lot of romantic teenage girls ask for it as a stocking-filler for Christmas.)
Old 10-04-2015, 05:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
This looks like the kind of cheap crap I would be watching if you give me a Friday evening without the rest of the family, a comfy chair, a bag of crisps and a biiiig glass of wine
Yep. You summed it up well.
Old 10-05-2015, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Daily Mail has an article on the teaser that has been shown of the movie: Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik subject of upcoming biopic Mary: The Making of a Princess | Daily Mail Online

It doesn't look too promising IMO...

Why must such movies always include some drama the lovers have to "overcome" to find each other in the end? - To the sound of violins...
In real life you meet, fall in love, get to know each other better and eventually figure out you want to marry and have a family.
When you quarrel it's mostly about banal subjects like him always missing the laundry basket when he throws his socks in that general direction, so she has to pry them down from the wall or wherever they stuck. Or because he was been talking to someone in too short a skirt - (who BTW is stupid, fat and ugly!!!) If it was more serious than that chances are you won't marry.

I'll bet M&F's in laws, both sides, wasn't an issue. The biggest concern they had was that they couldn't find Frederik because he had fallen asleep on the couch and been covered by pillows - women who are nesting always introduce hundreds of pillows into the relationship. I have nightmares about pillows! - Sorry, got carried away...

Judging from the photos I've seen so far there is little spark between the two who play M&F. In fact I've seen more chemistry between two bricks!

But at least the guy playing Frederik has managed to nail a defining characteristic of Frederik...

Tags
australia, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, denmark, movie, television programme